Your Email Address:

First Name:

High ph in saliva/mouth

All the updates, problems using our website, questions about our website goes here
SHITBREATH
Advanced

High ph in saliva/mouth

Post by SHITBREATH »

I have high ph in my saliva whole my life,no holes in my teeth ever.My dentist says i have perfect teeth.Iv noticed people with normal ph or lower dosen't smell.Anyone knows why some people have cronic high ph?

flavouredpig

Post by flavouredpig »

Hi there,

Your high ph could be caused by what you eat. what do you eat for breakfast, lunchtime, snacks, and dinner (in detail)?

Have you tried changing your diet to make the ph lower?
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Hello! No it does not depend on what I eat,I've tried to only eat foods with low ph.But I'm starting to understand why we smell we simply have more of certain bacteria that smell,as methyl mercaptan,Hydrogen sulfide,Solobacterium moorei.these bacteria create a high ph in the mouth and throat,and these bacteria seems to be very difficult to remove.Good bacteria thrive in acid environment.As some of you have written mouthwash will only make it worse it just kills the good bacteria the bad survive.Same with regular toothpaste.Some of you have written that ordinary chewing gum makes it worse and it smells more,that's right gum increases the ph in the mouth and our good bacteria Streptococcus do not like the environment.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

It could be 3 factors.
1. wisdoms. If you have infected wisdom, saliva coming out the glands will smell foul. Because wisdoms are located close to salivary glands.
After wisdom removal, my saliva smells like nothing. It's because of the smelly cyst that keeps discharging in my mouth is why I still have bb.

2. Your salivary glands are infected, which probably isn't the case.

3. Your diet, drink more water and eat less processed food.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
NumbedOut
Total Newbie

Post by NumbedOut »

I completely agree with the wisdom teeth thing. I got 2 wisdom teeth removed on Friday. One was partially erupted and had a gum flap. Even though I used to irrigate it every day, I knew bacteria thrived in there because, within an hour of cleaning it, a sour disgusting taste would seep out of the pocket - and this is after irrigating it and not even eating anything. Bacteria feed on ANYTHING even your own dead gum tissue. Even though my mouth is bloody from the removal, so far I have not tasted the sour taste.
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

No i have no wisdom teeth left and tonsils are removed,i eat very healthy.I am fully convinced that if we have too much of the wrong bacteria we'll smell.Check this out. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... r2ZYKpk51w
flavouredpig

Post by flavouredpig »

Hi Shitbreath,

It is really odd that the articles that I've read all say that bad bacteria grows in an acidic environment and good bacteria grow in a more base (alkaline) environment (not an extreme base environment but around 7.5 ph).
I read on this website (http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/m ... e00150.htm) that 'One example of a bacterium that can live in acidic environments is Helicobacter pylori which lives in the stomach'. Perhaps you may have gotten the information (about good bacteria growing in an acidic environment) reversed?

Also, may I know what you eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? (I am currently aiming to achieve an internal alkaline body and I would really love to know how you continue to maintain your high base ph).

Thank you.
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Cause of halitosis for many of us I think the imbalance in bacterial flora.it has nothing to do with food,nothing to do with brushing teeth or flossing why I say this is that those who do not have a problem with bb do not smell if they do not flossing or brush your teeth two minutes a day.
flavouredpig

Post by flavouredpig »

Hi Shitbreath,

That link doesn't say anything about the ph that bacteria grows in.
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Hi flavouredpig!
No i know,i just wanted to show what bacteria which can cause problems.Probiotics grow in a acid environment. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... dOge-TuKaQ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic