Your Email Address:

First Name:

preying upon us

All the updates, problems using our website, questions about our website goes here
LJ
Junior

preying upon us

Post by LJ »

Hi:
After reading about that Palorin pill I just couldn't help thinking that we are a group of people that would do anything, I mean anything, to get rid of our problem. And these are the people that prey upon us.
I was in the drug store and saw all these familiar mouthwashes and bad breath remedies from the internet, now on the shelves, where I don't know exactly who is benefiting from them.
Fear of odor has to be top on people's list of phobia's because people don't want to talk about it.
Most of us who are searching for a cure have tried numerous things, and have spent a lot of our money. I recently read about someone purchasing that "bad breath report" on line. What a waste of money.
And there have been numerous people claiming they cured themselves with an array of different products, and those of us sufferers are still going out and buying these things on the off chance that it might work.
We are targets for marketers at this point. All the halitosis clinics that have obviously helped none of us who are still out there searching, are cropping up everywhere.
Brush your tongue is the buzz word for bad breath. I've never seen so many variations of one item in my life. How many angles, bristles, and the such that theyhave created for one product.
We should try products and see what works and what doesn't and of course post the results.
But we should be very careful about those that are trying to sell us the "cure" because if that were the case and they did have a cure, they wouldn't have to sell it, we'd come running to them.
Lj

Post by Guest »

I, too, have seen products like Therabreath and BreathRx popping up on store shelves. They are tapping into the mass consumer market, knowing everyone is insecure about their breath. These products may help the occasional sufferer. (my dentist's office features the entire BreathRx system.) I have tried them all, and found that they do provide some positive results initially, but the problem returns despite my continued use.

Anyway, question... after you eat or drink, does your breath smell like the foods you just ate? This is the case for me, and the smell lingers for quite some time.

I have been a sufferer for almost ten years, and progressed during that time. As such, I often have this theory that my tongue-scraping/brushing made my problem worse. I used to have a very pink and smooth tongue. Now it's very "hairy-like".
LJ
Junior

you smell what you eat

Post by LJ »

Hi:
I think it's common for food to stay on our chronic bad breath longer than it does a normal mouth. I can say that for sure as I had eaten some oysters two days prior and my friend told me I still smelled like oysters. So, I'm sure with the problem comes the lingering smell of food.
As far as the tongue scraping, I know that if I scrape too hard I can get sores and cracks on my tongue. I've been scraping for 10 years and I would n't say it changed the surface of my tongue. Of course, before I scraped I rarely saw what the surface of my tongue looked like because of the constant white coating.
I still feel a need to scrape that coating daily because it may not be the source as all the dentists would like to tell you, but I am sure it's a contributor.
With chronic bad breath like I have, anything such as garlic or spices or foods with odor,
make matters worse. But it's just not food breath, it's nasty breath, with a hint of food. LJ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic