Your Email Address:

First Name:

Braces and Retainers

Other things not directly related to bad breath
TeamZissou
Advanced

Braces and Retainers

Post by TeamZissou »

Did anyone else have braces and/or a retainer when they were younger? A lot of people here have said that their BB began in their early teens. That is the time when many kids get braces, followed by a retainer for many years.

I remember my retainer used to get pretty gross sitting in the case when it wasn't being warn, and probably wasn't washed 100% before I wore it each time.

I wonder if leaving a foreign object in your mouth all night, with all of that metal and plastic and things that can grow on it while you aren't wearing it, can change the environment in your mouth.

Anyone else have braces or a retainer and notice that their BB began to occur after they got them?

Natureisawhore

Post by Natureisawhore »

I had bb before I got braces and I think it stayed the same while I had the braces on. I wasn't able to floss as much and sometimes I wouldn't really brush because I didn't see a point. Why brush if your still going to have bb all day. I still have to wear my retainer at night and it does get pretty gross if I don't wash it but again I don't think it's affecting my breath that much.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic