Your Email Address:

First Name:

to girls

Other things not directly related to bad breath
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

Busted wrote:You don't have to tell her ya know know. You can always wait till she says it, and then you just respond "Yea, that's the reason why I don't like to have conversations with other people". If she understands it's "Yippee-ki-yay mother****er".

mmm i can't do that, how can i kiss her and act like nothing is wrong with me? she will just freak out or something lol, hell, i'll freak out myself.
i think she has to know what she is getting into before she gets into it or else break ups? i don't know. but is that how you guys get girlfriends though?

noptical i am confident but theirs more to it than just myself being confident, it's a problem well for me anyways.

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

whyme wrote:noptical i am confident but theirs more to it than just myself being confident, it's a problem well for me anyways.
You don't need to be confident only, you must also show it. Girls see it when someone is confident about themselves and it is very important.
dontholdurbreath
Total Newbie

Post by dontholdurbreath »

Busted wrote:
emotional rescue wrote:What i´m trying to say is thakfully you haven´t experience what is to deal with this when you are a teenage: it really fucks your mind man. No teenage is mentally prepared to deal with something like this.
I agree 100% with emotional resque. It does slowly **** your mind up. I remember it all started when I was about 14 too. My freshman year at highschool I was actually still pretty social. I had one or two friends who complained about my bb a lot. But at that time I didn't think it was something serious, I thought: "ya know everyone has bb from time to times." But my situation was clearly different. The funny thing was that no one ever bullied me for it, they were just being plain honest. Maybe they felt sorry for me, I don't know.

My second year I still had some friends I talked to, although they thought I was very weird, because I would talk to them from 5 meters away. I did this because I was more self conscious about it, because my brother told me not to talk to people from such a close distance, otherwise they wouldn't talk to me if they smelled my bb. So that's actually what I did. I started to notice all these reactions from other people when I talked to them. From touching their noses to coughing...oh well any reaction you guys are familiar with. I knew I was makin other people very uncomfortable. They would even wait a couple of seconds before they would say anything back with a very uncomfortable look on his face.

My third year we moved to another country, and that's when I couldn't bring myself to make any friends. It was a new school and eventually teachers tried to help me, but then they saw that I didn't wanted to talk to any of my classmates, which got them to think I didn't wanted any friends. I was as anti-social as possible. I created a world of imaginary friends and this is pretty much the only thing that kept me goin. I know it's sad, but as soon as I saw a reaction when I said somerthing to someone, I felt really low. I'm starting to think that I would have been much better off if there was some kind of medication that would keep my mind off the whole bad breath thing, since there is no cure available yet. Lucky I still talked to my family though, cause I know they wouldn't mind if I made them uncomfortable, so I wasn't completely anti-social. I was also constant ly paying attention to other loner students. There were some, but when they talked to someone, they didn't seem make any other persons uncomfortable, and they were also pretty confident e.g. they would look the other person straight in the eyes. I remember I always thought "Damn, why would you choose to be a loner, it sucks, why not communicate as much as you can, you don't even have to be careful".

This lasted for 4 years until now I'm in college. I thought I would have found the cure by now. Sometimes I still see some old students that were in the same highschool as me and when they see me they are like "Look that's the kid who's always alone" and of course makin fun of me. I always thought that if they suffered from the same problem, they wouldn't be where they are now, making fun of someone. But I have learned how to deal with this now, I usually just ignore them.
story of my life, man, hang in there, my thoughts are with you
dontholdurbreath
Total Newbie

Post by dontholdurbreath »

whyme wrote:
oceanside wrote:I think we should post our pictures, start up some kind of internet relationship, after all we ARE "SOULMATES". To me, soulmates means someone completely understand your innert soul and suffering. We definately know how each other feels.

Jimi, should set up a place where we can post pictures, meet people and just give ourselves an opportunity to live a normal live as best as we can. Afterall they do it on myspace, match.com, ect.

I had a girlfriend last year. She was one of the best thing that happend to me in a very long time. She made me forget about my problem. I guess I was happy that someone loved me for who I am and not what I smell like.

I will be the first to put up my picture so se can know each others more than behind a computer screen.

john
i can post my picture here.. i don't mind.

how do you get girlfriends ocean :( tell me how do you aproach the girl and tell her about your problem?
Ive had this condition all my life, but fortunately Ive had at least moderate success with women. My best advice for dealing with women is that if you want something from them you can only get it if you act like you dont need/want it.

And You will NEVER get anything from a girl with pity, so dont beg. Girls want guys that can walk up and take them, they dont want to give themselves away.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Just try and make friends with girls. Most likely She won't feel comfortable around your bb, but I don't think they will hate you because of it. If she does, maybe it says somethin about her personality. I've found that girls are usually more polite won't immediately go away after they noticed your bb.
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

no luck yet here.. any suggestion guys on where to start meeting people? i hardly go out to pubs and club so i don't know any good places.
:-({|=
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

pubs and clubs
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

definitely not the internet :P
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

noptical wrote:definitely not the internet :P
lol but where though? my friends are out of the questions since they all look like they left NJ..

i hate this town.
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

i have to desagree again, internet is great to meet people, as long as you know how to take care of yourself.
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

hungrygirl wrote:i have to desagree again, internet is great to meet people, as long as you know how to take care of yourself.
tell me hungrygirl where do girls hide? i have no luck on the internet.

i know they are like plagues in college but i'm not a student anymore lol.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

hungrygirl wrote:i have to desagree again, internet is great to meet people, as long as you know how to take care of yourself.
Its 10 times harder to meet a girl from the internet. Just too much work :p Also you cant know what to expect when you meet her (and so does she).
And meeting a girl on the internet must be the most boring thing ever, you miss all the fun :P
whyme wrote:
lol but where though? my friends are out of the questions since they all look like they left NJ..
austuser told you already :P If you're shy then the easiest way would be through your friends.
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

noptical wrote:
Its 10 times harder to meet a girl from the internet. Just too much work :p Also you cant know what to expect when you meet her (and so does she).
And meeting a girl on the internet must be the most boring thing ever, you miss all the fun :P
whyme wrote:
austuser told you already :P If you're shy then the easiest way would be through your friends.
damn.. there is never an easy solution to anything.. why is it so hard for me to do anything!!!! i don't smoke, hardly drink, and! i don't even know how to dance (trying to but don't have nobody to show me) so its kinda awkward for me to be in pups or clubs unless i get ask to go by someone.

i'll probably turn into a priest or something since i already qualify for one.. maybe i'll land a nun :-k .. if they can even be landed on anyways, even that will be hard lol.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

1. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. nothing is more unattractive
2. nobody knows how to dance "properly". Just get in there and do it.
3. you dont need to smoke or drink to go to a club and have a good time. Look at girls, they pretend to get drunk most of the time.
4. Consider getting on an SSRI of some kind. They can help with social confidence and anxiety disorders.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

whyme wrote: hardly drink
here's your solution, have 2-3 beers then do whatever you have to do, they build your confidence ;) (unless they make your bb worse :P )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic