Your Email Address:

First Name:

I smell like shit and want to

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Jimi,

I think it's a bit unfair that you gave Drastic such a hard time for discussing his suicidal feelings. We all have these feelings from time to time, and it's extremely difficult to deal with them if there's no-one to talk these feelings through with.

Yes, it's very hard to read a post like that, but if this is the only place a person can share these feelings then we should be offering support to that person, not telling them not to post about how desperate this disease has made them feel and how they are at a dark place in their life.

Certainly, it's depressing to hear how sad and low another person is, due to this condition, but I'm sure giving them an ear bashing is not the answer, and is horribly unsympathetic of you. As a fellow sufferer, my heart went out to Drastic when I read the post, and I could fully understand how upset the kind of comments he'd endured that day could make him (as I'm sure we all could!)

There have been times when I've had suicidal thoughts and the only place I could talk about them would be this forum. Yes, it's diffucult to read about, but it's good to know that you'll recieve supportive posts from many other members who are sometimes the ONLY other people who can fully appreciate the every day horror of living with bb.

All I'm saying Jimi, is show a bit of compassion and let people express their true feelings and allow others to show support. After all, isn't that part of the reason you set this site up in the first place? :)

sandy
Junior

Post by sandy »

Hi you all,if our breath smell's bad from our mouth than its coming from our mouth.We have to get to the source by looking into the mouth.My brother had suffered the same thing cause from his gums and ever since he had gum flap surgery by removing his infection in his mouth its under control and bad breath free and im also going for it too.If i can have this under control will be a God sent.Its going to be a little painful and working out paying installments wil help since i cant afford to pay all at once...just ask your dentist if they ca do it,if not find one that can..also having insurance does help too.God Bless
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Snobuni wrote:Jimi,

I think it's a bit unfair that you gave Drastic such a hard time for discussing his suicidal feelings. We all have these feelings from time to time, and it's extremely difficult to deal with them if there's no-one to talk these feelings through with.

Yes, it's very hard to read a post like that, but if this is the only place a person can share these feelings then we should be offering support to that person, not telling them not to post about how desperate this disease has made them feel and how they are at a dark place in their life.

Certainly, it's depressing to hear how sad and low another person is, due to this condition, but I'm sure giving them an ear bashing is not the answer, and is horribly unsympathetic of you. As a fellow sufferer, my heart went out to Drastic when I read the post, and I could fully understand how upset the kind of comments he'd endured that day could make him (as I'm sure we all could!)

There have been times when I've had suicidal thoughts and the only place I could talk about them would be this forum. Yes, it's diffucult to read about, but it's good to know that you'll recieve supportive posts from many other members who are sometimes the ONLY other people who can fully appreciate the every day horror of living with bb.

All I'm saying Jimi, is show a bit of compassion and let people express their true feelings and allow others to show support. After all, isn't that part of the reason you set this site up in the first place? :)
You dont understand what a big burden this site is, what if somebody comes to this board really thinking about the worse thing to do and saw drastic post thet she is gonna harm herself next day, he might say well if she is doing I will do it to

Can you understand what this can do to people

Do you really want to be responsible for people doing worse things to themselves
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Jimi,

I totally understand what you're saying, but I think this site has probably prevented a number of suicides due to the relief felt by people being able to share their feelings and recieve support from other suffers.

Also, I don't think reading a post such as Drastics would encourage a person to give up on life, but instead, realise that other people are suffering from this debilatating condition and that they are not alone in the world.

As I said, I think it's important that people don't feel scared about sharing their feelings on this site (good, bad or very bad). You mentioned that you don't want to feel responsible for people giving up on life (which I can fully understand), but at the end of the day, if someone deceides it's too much and can't go on, whether they posted their thoughts on this site or not, there's not much you can do about it. If they post and are encouraged and supported by other members, we can all feel that we at least tried to dissuade them and tried to point out all the good things in life

I'm not having a go at you 'cos you do a great job running this site, and I know it must be hard work and very stressful. But I was contemplating s*****e before I found this site, and it was only knowing that I wasn't alone in suffering from this horrible illness and reading other peoples posts about how they feel and deal with bb that kept me hopeful for the future.

Please don't censor peoples deepest and honest feelings whether they're coming from a good or a bad place.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

So you have to vote, I am scared and it is really freaking me out about posts like that.

I think it is also not legal to psot stuff like that on site. It is too morbid.

Please dont be so graphic, all of us have the same feelings, but still we cant just post anything that comes into our mind. I allow and want it to be free this site and it is , but what is too much is too much.

I really dont know what to do about this issue

I need more comments. I know nobody will vote so I will probably have to decide myself
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I think it should be alright for people to say they are feeling suicidal, but not go into detail about how they are thinking about going about it. I think we can all help save fellow sufferer's if we hear them out before they do anything harmful to themselves. Suicidal thoughts are a part of this BB disease that we can not ignore.
brokenbuthopeful

Post by brokenbuthopeful »

listen drastic!!
your problem is same as ours. BAD BREATH IS NOT FATAL AT ALL, what can be fatal is depression and that is what you have got. its a neurogical chemical imbalance initiated by constant feeling of sadness. what you need to do is see a doctor about ur depression not about halitosis. i also suffered from it. i was looking for motives to keep me going and shoulders to keep my head upon and cry. but belive me that the only motive u need to live is you. you can help youself but no one else. you have to show faith in yourself and in God.
the best non-medicinal treatment of depression is regular exercise. secondly face your fears. say what u want to say, do what u want to do. it looks difficult but i tryed it and it worked for me.keep saying to ur self that "i can do it, i have done it before and i will do it again". NO FEAR. another thing u can do is to volunteer with disabled people as they will never comment on ur breath. sadness decreases with sharing and hapiness increases with sharing. share ur sadness with those who are already sad.its a tough one.i was not able to do it. but i have discovered that if i teach someone; i feel like i am teaching my self. u have got all the typical symptoms of depression. its a disease like any other disease and it can be treated like any other disease.but the most important element in the treatment is your "will power" and i know that women has got some of the strongest will powers ever existed. there is a volcano of energy ready to explode in you and u can kick the ass to halitosis and depression. yes u r the one and u can do it,u will do it.
i was told by my psycologist to stop assuming that "every body hates me, i cant do nothing....... bla bla" and she asked me to think about butterflies,rainbows and kittens........ lolz.and when i was unable to do that . she discharged me from treatment saying that i am wasting her time and and NHS money. that was it. i started my own treatment and kicked all the nasty feelings away. thanks to God almighty. i am the same old person with the same old breath but i wont harm my self or anybody else and i will get what i want.
the reason i am tellling u this story is bcoz u r my reflection. i see me in u. plz pick up ur self. hang in there. u have not lived in vain.if u need to talk to any body give me a pm or email me.and about the financial thing i dont promise but i will try to help u. it will be great if u live in UK. join us on 13-9-08 in london for a meetup. u will definetely feel better.
take care ,be optamistic, and plz answer my (longest) comment so i may know that u r still there ......lolz...... bye
brokenbuthopeful

Post by brokenbuthopeful »

Jimi wrote:So you have to vote, I am scared and it is really freaking me out about posts like that.

I think it is also not legal to psot stuff like that on site. It is too morbid.

Please dont be so graphic, all of us have the same feelings, but still we cant just post anything that comes into our mind. I allow and want it to be free this site and it is , but what is too much is too much.

I really dont know what to do about this issue

I need more comments. I know nobody will vote so I will probably have to decide myself

jimi!
i totally agree with u. comments about self harm should never ever be posted on this site. we have to keep the good fight going on.not to talk about surrender.
actually nearly all of us r suffering from depression. some suffer more than other. this problem must be adressed. i will definetly write about it in detail so we may understand the very basis of the problem. but i belive thatt all topics/comments should be scaned for any self harm material. this needs to be censored and stoped. i am with u jimi. u r doing a great service for us and God will definetly reward u for what u have done for all of us. cheers
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Brokenbuthopeful,

I hear your words. Thanks for the encouragement to be strong. Everybody gets to a point sometime in their life. Especially if there is no one to talk to.

I felt much better knowing that I was not alone when Snobuni, iva, lolalola, XXdEaThBrEaThXX and halihope reached out to me. It made me realise that I was not alone in this world as I thought.

I know Jimi is just doing his job. He is doing a good job keeping this site running. I apologise again for offending anyone. I am not quite sure what Jimi meant by voting or hearing more comments before he made a decision though.

If it means banning me from the site then I will understand.

Drastic.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

No you did not offend anybody, you might freak people out, that could be just a slight push in the worng direction, I was so depressed for few days after reading your post, and that happened the last time also, people will freak out, I am telling you.

YOu dont want that.

Dont be so graphic.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I think talk of s*****e should not be so frowned upon, because it is a harsh reality for many sufferers.
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Jimi,

I understand where you are coming from and what you mean. I really didnt intend to freak anyone out but am sorry.

I will be more responsible and careful with posting from now on.

D
curious13

Post by curious13 »

So Drastic, how did the ENT appointment go?
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

My ENT appointment was today. So I got there and without asking me anything the doctor (diiferent from the last) said he knows why I am here. He said its because of my breath odour. I looked up and felt finally a doctor that admitted to me having bad breath and that its not in my head. He said he has seen many people who have the same problem some phobias. But he said in my case it was not a phobia it was real. He then said that he would not have had me done allergy test if he seen me 2 months ago. I broke down crying I couldnt hold back the tears. He then gave me tissue to dry my eyes. He said the only solution in my case since I have tonsil stones and deep crypts is to have a tonsillectomy. He said its a bit unorthodox to do the surgery for bad breath but he said that I was so forgone emotionally and he could see the toll it has taken on me. I told him I am broke no job because no one will hire me with bad breath. He then approved the surgery and put me on the waiting list.

I am finally on the waiting list. I have something to look forward to finally.

I know I have to wait but its better than nothing.

D
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

wow, thats great, good luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic