Your Email Address:

First Name:

***k off

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

"He also claims an "Emily" doesn't work there" LOL, sorry to be laughing at your expense.

I know I mentioned this a thousand times, but has it ever occurred to you to take out tonsils? You said the smell started when you took out wisdoms, maybe one of the tonsils is infected too because it's close to the wisdom that was infected?

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stankie what about TMAU? (sorry if you've answered that already)

I always find that when I'm careful and conscious about allowing certain people to smell my breath, they ALWAYS seem to do something or say something that makes my heart sink thinking they've just smelled bad breath on me. I know it's pure paranoia though, because whenever I'm speaking onto someone who I don't care about whether I stink or not, i.e. a total stranger, they NEVER react in any negative way whatsoever. The fear plays tricks on my mind.

There's no question that if we go looking for bad reactions, we'll always get them, whether our breath smells of shit or roses - that's a fact. Most people have no reason to fear their breath could smell bad, so most of the time, even if it does smell bad, they won't connect reactionary behaviour to bad breath - mostly through the safety mechanism of denial. But if confidence is low then you become vulnerable and susceptible to making connections, and that's when the madness takes over completely.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Good god I got a blow back tonight of my breath and it was PURE unadulterated SHIT. this has GOT to be from my digestive system.

A colleague got near me today all of a sudden I smelt DIARRHOEA in my nose. This is ****ing cruel.

I was with a friend and Ii left the room for 10 minutes or so, I SWORE when I came back Ii could smell what I had for my meal - fish and chips. Or am I going MAD???
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Choline can be found in eggs, liver, kidney, peas, beans, peanuts, Soya products and brassicas. (Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower.).

Importantly foods such as the above contain "indoles" which can inhibit FMO3 enzyme activity causing an increase of trimethyamine in the urine
Just some info that you might find interesting if you didn't already know.
deebo

Post by deebo »

yep ,cruciferous vegetables are the hugest no no's on tmau diet list and for people with sulfur issues. not to mention gas .
deebo

Post by deebo »

stanky, going through similar thing myself now. as bad as it is to rehash those negative comments and genuine reactions ,they help to snap us out of adding 'craziness' to our list of ailments .

my shrink assures me i'm not delusional , but now tries to convince me that i'm paranoid . People like our parents, docs, shrinks, friends assume its helpful to avert the issue. lie ,deny ,downplay ..etc . I think there are many posts about ORS (olfactory reference syndrome) on here . What Halisux says about us not smelling as bad as we think is a good point . The thing is how do we confirm or deny anything constant ? How do we know how offensive we smell from person to person ? Yea, i know everyone has their own sense of smell ,but in general . Since i'mm currently going through this too ,i got no real answers yet, just loads of questions . You got questions you might ask a shrink , throw them my way .
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Stankie have you ever had your breath gases analyzed?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deebo

Post by deebo »

i have social anxiety disorder way before bb . for that reason its sometimes really easy to jump and conclude that i'm just being paranoid about the entire offensive odor condition , and my current shrink is trying to convince me of that too . Being that I also block out the negative comments and reactions ,i'm sway-able to thinking i'm just delusional about it all. ***k that :!: yea , we can't smell our selves .no one has the balls to say 'you sir, smell like shit' . Not a doctor, not friends, family ,co-workers..etc. So on the other hand think easy it would be to make someone feel like they are just imagining thing in that setting . Everything is mostly unsaid .

Yea, i dont think you have tmau Stanky. Chronic room filling bb is rare and tmau is much rarer ,, but one thing to know is that every single person i know with tmau has been told at some point that they are delusional about their odor . Even those born with it . We already have to deal with odor , we should add any unnecessary extra stresses to our life like ORS or some no existent schizo disorder
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Stankie wrote: Figuring it out yourself is better, IMO.

hows that working out ? yea, there are several different types of mental health professionals . and of course they all have their own personality , especially when it comes to this issue , suddenly professionals lose their training ,ending up just like our parents and friends. What i'm doing is mainly bouncing this experience off someone else who doesn't understand it but is paid to try. One thing i want to know is how to make it understood what we deal with ,in general . Why its denied , how thats ostracizing .
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic