Your Email Address:

First Name:

I dont know what to do anymore.

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
EmbarrassedAnon
Total Newbie

I dont know what to do anymore.

Post by EmbarrassedAnon »

I dont know where to start. This problem is somewhat recent. It has been about 8 months since I started believing that I have bb. I have lurked these forums for about 7 months, and I am finally posting.

Okay, so first off, Hi. Im EA. I am a 19 year old male. I'm not 100% sure that I have bb. For all I know, it could just be a really bad case of halitophobia, but I have occasional tonsil stones. I have asked my parents and they usually say "I've never smelled bb on you, son". Not convincing at all. I have occasional tonsil stones. I believe they are the culprit, but I also have sinus problems. I cannot smell it myself. I usually go off peoples reactions. But in my head, I could just be making it up. I work as a cashier, so I have to speak with people nonstop all day every day. It gets really bad sometimes when I start noticing a lot of people touch their nose, change expression, avoid eye contact, etc when I talk. Its always subtle, but I have no reason to believe that my bb DOESN"T exist. I haven't had a girl interested in me in quite some time. I have had depression for years now and the anxiety is just shooting through the roof now days. I cant control this. I have seen a doctor, but I was too embarrassed to ask if my breath was unusual. I just want to know for sure if I do have bb and how to get rid of it. My life is so amazing. I have so much. I am so blessed with a great family and positive friends. I just feel like having bb or the obsessive fear of it has everything to do with my insecurity. I have become completely socially awkward. I cant hold a conversation with someone because I don't want to blow my stank in their face. I rarely speak anymore at all. I dont know guys, I just feel like this is the only place I could talk about this. And it feels great to finally get it off my chest. Anyone wanna help me out? Give me some words? lets just talk haha

tl;dr It might be halitophobia but theres no way for me to know and it still sucks a lot

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi.. what kind of sinus problems do you have?

A lot of post nasal mucus drainage (even if there's no infection involved) is just one of the many ways an increase the bacterial activity on the back of your tongue can occur. This increased gunk will find it's way into your tonsil crypts where it calcifies and forms into those shit-ball tonsilloliths. That's my theory anyway, and this is reinforced by the fact that most people who remove their tonsils thinking it's surely the source of the problem find out it hardly makes any difference at all, except what you'd expect without the buildup of those stones.

The same tongue gunk is what a lot of people with bad breath notice when they floss their teeth. Again, it probably comes off the tongue as the tongue scrapes past any crevices and forms in the same way as the tonsil stones do.

You could try fighting the bacteria itself, but such tactics are usually short-lived. You need to get to the root cause, which in your case might be PND.

If you don't have any serious odour on your tongue and you are certain you have bad breath, it might be coming from somewhere that a determined doctor should be able to identify (such as an abnormality in your esophagus) or from blood borne causes, where it exits from your lungs and bodily secretions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic