Your Email Address:

First Name:

Someone complained about me...

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Tony22

Someone complained about me...

Post by Tony22 »

I've been working at the same place for over a year. I have a low-level cleaning job that I do alongside with one of my best friends. (The funny thing is, he has a B. O. problem and I think he has no idea.)

He knows about my breath issue though. But this is the interesting part: someone at my job, no idea who, complained about me. Complained about my breath, that is. I try to be careful when talking to people when I know my breath is bad (it's not bad all the time like some people here, but it is bad often, especially later in the day after I've not eaten anything for hours at work). I don't remember exactly what the person said, but something like "Tony has foul breath; he should work on his hygiene blah blah". There are many people talk to regularly, so I'm really not sure who it is.

I've never had anything like this happen before, and like I said, been working here for a long time. There have been new people recently, I'm sure it's one of them. Not really sure what to do; I was mortified. My friend with the B.O. problem sympathized and he said he never even noticed my breath smelling at work.

Nonetheless, just an embarrassing experience.

deebo

Post by deebo »

very similar situation happened to me too at a similar job. so you are saying you best friend brought this to your attention after someone told him ?

in the past i have considered preemptively complaining about myself in an anonymous email to my company . this way they would bring me in to talk about it, and this way they could not deny anything when i bring up a medical chronic odor .
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony22

Post by Tony22 »

Yeah, my best friend was the one who told me that someone complained.

And yeah, if I ever get confronted about it, I'll have to tell them that it's a medical condition, although getting someone to believe that might be difficult...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic