Your Email Address:

First Name:

Don't give up, please read!

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
dollymary1

Don't give up, please read!

Post by dollymary1 »

Like all of us here, I am a sufferer of bad breath, I have been for the past 5 years. Now that I'm 16, I am ready to make a change.
I wanted to do this post as lately I have really been feeling the worst of what bad breath can do, (isolation, no friends), I want to give people like us hope and faith that something can change, and that there's no point giving in!
I would also like to say that this post won't offer any cures, or much medical advice, I'm simply writing it as emotional support for anyone who is feeling down.

First of all, I want to start by talking about flaws and imperfections, everyone has them, whether it be a scar, or a mole. Over the past few days I have been looking at people, some are fat, some are slim. Some people have huge noses and some people have ugly feet. Does it matter? Bad breath is an imperfection, a flaw, no one is this world has the right to treat you any worse because of your imperfection. It doesn't mean you are a bad person, the likely hood is, you are a lovely person with loads to give to someone. Just think, people wake up every day with the intention to scam and steal from people, or go out and commit a horrific crime like rape or murder. Those are the bad people in life, not us, we are amazing people! Just keep telling yourself you are wonderful, you don't steal, or you don't insult people, you are fabulous!

I know it is scary how perfect life would be without having bad breath, for me anyway, if I didn't have bad breath, the only thing I would worry about is what lipstick colour to buy, or what my school results will be. I would never have to worry about family issues etc. What I'm trying to say is, make your life perfect, go out there and sort your issues, that may be a drunken father who is never there for you, or it may be financial issues. You, and only you can make your life perfect, you should go and get your drunken father, get him help, make him listen, if it's money you're worried about, go and work like crazy, stay focused and achieve goals, if this means working until 12am every night in the freezing cold then so be it, you have ability to make your life perfect, bad breath or not. Do not let bad breath stop you from achieving your goals, you will find your cure one day.

I want to talk about the word 'cure'. For me, I have my own definition of the word cure (when it comes to bad breath anyway) , I believe everyone who suffers from bad breath has their cure somewhere. My definition of cure is something that may indeed cure you, for example, if wisdom teeth were the cause of bad breath for someone, having them removed would mean they would not experience chronic bad breath (assuming no other medical condition arose in the future). However, the word cure for me means so much more. I believe a cure is when you no longer worry, or when bad breath can be controlled. It does not mean that you won't have to take medication, or have regular hospital visits. Your personal cure may be allergy related for example, in this case, you would have to regularly visit hospitals for allergy shots, or you may have to spend a lot of your life on antihistamines or steroids. Or your cure may be regular deep cleans at the dentist. Do not be disheartened when someone is completely 'cured' and no longer has to take medication etc. Your cure could be loads of things, and trust me, one day you will find the complete cure, or a combination of things which mean your bad breath is gone. At first I was completely fixated on finding a complete cure, over time I have come to accept a complete cure may not be possible, it doesn't matter if you are on medication for the rest of your life, as long as you are happy and healthy, life is too short to be focusing on a complete cure, if you find what is causing your bad breath, and you find what stops it, then go with it, whatever you have to do, go and live your life!

Think of having a bad breath as waiting, you are waiting to discover something about your body, and you are waiting and ready to do whatever it takes to get rid of that. Think of all the people in the world who don't have bad breath, there's millions right? Doesn't this show that something abnormal is happening in our bodies, and there is obviously some way of fighting it if millions of people don't have it. Our bodies were not designed to have bad breath, I know some people could argue and say that our bodies were not designed to have cancer, but bad breath is different, it usually doesn't carry any life threatening risks (unless the bad breath is from liver or is the result of a different medical condition), it lets us know that something in our body has gone wrong, and needs attention, not that we are going to die. It's like a little note to say that something needs fixing, and we are responsible for our bodies so we will fix it.

To round the post up, I would like to say that although life is hell, and sometimes it's hard to go on and live another day, I am glad I've been through this experience, I know that sounds crazy, but it has truly changed me as a person, and not just by making me more shy and lonely. Just think, this may be the toughest experience of your life, emotionally and mentally. When you find your cure just think how happy you will be, you have just come out of maybe the darkest hole you will ever be in. Think how strong you will be, knowing that you are brave enough and strong enough to get through all of the nasty comments and snide remarks, and all those social occasions you couldn't wait to be over, you got through them, only you. You made it to the dentist and doctor and admitted your terribly embarrassing problem. Maybe you even had surgery and came through on the other side still carrying on. Don't ever let other people get you down, just think, they probably couldn't make it through years of bad breath, but you did, and now your reward is being able to speak and laugh without worry. Whenever you feel down always remember what you have already endured. Your journey may be long, tough and unforgiving, but one day you will be one of those people with friends everywhere, with a perfect partner, and wonderful children. You will be that person one day, no matter what it takes YOU can make it happen.

I am sorry this post is so long, I really hope anyone feeling down can be cheered up by this, and that it gives you motivation to carry on. I know personally I don't want to cry and feel sorry for myself, I want to be happy and healthy, I'm in a desert, my cure is on one side, I'm on the other, I will make it to the other side, I know I will, I also know it may be tough, but I'll make it, and so will you. x

ernieboronda111
Total Newbie

Post by ernieboronda111 »

I am grateful to you for your uplifting words. :)

I hope the answers for our problems will be answered soon.
shibby

i dont want to live anymore

Post by shibby »

Your post was good...but of little comfoer to me....bb has moulded me into something i never thought i would become. I have become.withdrawn and isolated...
Please will you be my friend...my email is [email protected]
justlivinlife

Post by justlivinlife »

Don't lose hope guys! just keep on trying new things..new methods.
This site has tons of ways to help y'all out....just like it does to me..always look on the bright side! am pretty sure y'all gonna find a way to cure it.. good luck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic