Your Email Address:

First Name:

Devastated

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
thanatos
God
Devastated

Post by thanatos »

For a while now I thought the odor people were smelling from me when my mouth was shut was from my nose. Late last year I noiced a shirt of mine I used during a workout the previous day smelled like something died on it. Ever since then I've been noticing it off and on, but only sometmes when I started to sweat, but it was much fainter. I just thought it was my natural BO and shrugged it off. I've been noticing it more and more lately and then it hit me: This smell started when I started taking choline supplements. This could be TMAU.

Everything started to make sense. Nothing has worked for me because I was focusing on basically sanitizing my mouth and using nasal rinses. All the times people would react to my smell even if I had my mouth shut may not hae been coming from my nose, but my body itself.

The one person who had the most intimate contact with me more thn anyone was an ex of mine 17 years ago. I needed her to tell me, so I contacted her via social media and asked her to be honest. She would repeatedly complain about my breath when we were together and even once said "everything that comes out of you smells like death". I laughed it off thinking she was overexaggerating.

So I contacted her and told her this smell I discovered over the past year and if she recalls smelling it on me when we were together. In my sweat or urimne or if she woul smell my bad breath through my nose as well.

Her response was devastating. She said she doesn't remember ANY bad smell from me of any kind. Either she's being kind or pushed it out of her memory. It was a big problem in our relationship.

I think people just don't want to talk about it.

I'm going to get tested for TMAU on tuesday.

I pray to god I test positive, only because I'm at my wits end here. Nothing I've tried has really worked for more than an hour or two and even then it's doesn't complete end it. If I test positive, I then at least know I can manage it.

I'm definitely stressed out, so that makes it worse.

I started vacuuming yesterday and the moment I started to sweat, that smell was there. Each time I smell it, I'm crushed.

Please be TMAU already. I just need something to work with.

Robert20
Junior
Re: Devastated

Post by Robert20 »

I hope God will help you man, good luck.
Life_Goes_On
Advanced
Re: Devastated

Post by Life_Goes_On »

I feel for you, its tough living with a bad odor, regardless of where it comes from. I personally have just bad breath so I can somewhat relate to what you're going through. At the end of the day you just got to be grateful that you dont have a deadly disease. Good luck on your TMAU test and regardless of the outcome remain faithful, God is good no matter what.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic