Your Email Address:

First Name:

The day that changed my life

Tell us your story with bad breath
Orodor

The day that changed my life

Post by Orodor »

I can still remember the first day when I noticed the change in my mouth. It started hurting and I felt quite dry in my mouth. A feeling I had never experienced before. That was a nice morning in the fall of 1987. A little more than 20 years ago. I was not even 16 years old, and little did I know at that time how this feeling would change my life. I had been an outgoing young man. Good in most things I had ever been doing, and popular with the girls. I had just started a new class in high school, and was meeting new friends. Boy did they notice the change fast. The comments started to come, and I didnt really know what to do.. I tried to push it away, but it always came back haunting me. It was a huge blow you can say.

Today some 20 years later I still have bad breath. I have on this road of time tried anything that has crossed my path. I even travelled to see Dr Finkelstein in Israel (I noticed some here are going). Other than that I tried any rinse, any product and any doctor that would see me. Spent a small fortune and a lot of time on it. Nothing have seemed to work... Even though I do believe it has burned away a little. My odour isnt as strong as it was anymore. Thankfully. My symptoms are dry mouth, stuffed nose, and my mouth hurts a lot.

Im sure most who suffer from this problem have their first time when they got really hurt, and understood that something was wrong... Mine was when my grandmother gave me a toothbrush for Christmas. I knew then how big problem this really was. She was a very very lovely person, and just wanted what was best for me. I understood that, but it still hit me in the head. Quite frustrating you can say, and as you understand it was the worst Christmas up until that time.

I must say though that compared to other people I read about here, and other sites, I have been quite fortunate in my life. Even though I have never been in a long time relationship I have had the occasional date. I also have a lot of friends who still manage to hang out occasionally even with my problem. Ive also been very fortunate with my profession, having my own business in finance industry. Which also means I can work in home office, and has made me very fortunate resource wise.

As for the bad breath cure I must honestly admit I have started to give up. Im so tired of trying to find a cure and go to a doctors office. Im also so tired to explain myself, and getting hit by disappointments when it doesn’t work. Even though I never have any expectations. I also realised I will probably never have a long time relationship. Which I must say is probably the only thing that I miss, as I see most of my friends getting families of their own.

Up through the time Ive had my share of terrible colleagues and friends I guess. Some of those times have been the really bad experiences in my life. Especially when you notice when girls just shut you out because of your problem. They can be really nasty when they want to! Ive found men to be much more understanding, and even considerate. But I guess that can be just coincidence also. People are usually good. Its just some parts of the environment that makes them do things they usually don’t want to also.

My strength has always been my confidence, and that nothing has managed to break me or get me down so much that I cant get up. I guess that is why I actually enjoy most parts of my life. I know Im sick, and I cant help it. Its just how it is. Sure some ignorant souls out there want to make my life harder, but that I cant do anything about either.

Oh well, thanks for listening to my story. I hope everyone will have a great new year!

OR

saveme

Post by saveme »

I see where you're coming from. It's good to hear stories so similar to our own so just know that you aren't alone and it does make one feel a whole lot better! :) All the best and you'll be cured.
Crapetic
Total Newbie

Post by Crapetic »

Ya know,I never knew people had such issues with bad breath.My brother has CH,he doesn't know though.The odor is overwhelming,very strong.He's had plenty of friends,and some girl friends,although people have said he needs a mint.I have only one question,in CH,can the odor be so easily covered up by tic-tacs and what not???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic