Your Email Address:

First Name:

Maggs from UK is ill in hospital

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Scientist42
Advanced

Maggs from UK is ill in hospital

Post by Scientist42 »

I was scanning past messages about Maggs and found this slightly
amusing one that happened in my first meeting with Maggs just over 4
years ago!!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tr ... ssage/2982

As you can see, I met Maggs 4 years back after seeing one of her
messages on a Yahoo BreathHelp Group. She lives quite some distance
from me and we met in a Thai restaurant in Harrogate (posh place).

This was the first time I had met anyone from these boards. I think
this was also the first time it was mentioned on the Message boards
that people with our conditions usually can't smell one another
(neither me nor Maggs could smell one another!).

I wonder if anyone from this Group has met another member and found
the same thing. It would be great if you could meet others near you
wouldn't it?

I would love to hear of a story of a member who met another member
and had a really pleasant and rewarding experience.
Arun

Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

hi,
well i meet with 3 others that have halitosis, but couldn't smell anyone and they didn't smell me....Had a great time with them;)
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Hey Ice,
That is excellent news! It just goes to show that even if the whole world shuns us we still have each other. Did you meet these other people through this site?

Did they all have identical symptoms to you? eg some can smell and taste their own breath, others can't. Also, some have both breath and body odour, others only one of these.

Do you still keep in touch with these people or was it a once off meeting?
Arun
Scientist42
Advanced

Maggs has recovered from her stroke!

Post by Scientist42 »

Guys, I just this moment received an email from Maggs thanking everyone for their support. It seems our prayers paid off because Maggs has mad a full recovery and will certainly return to this site after a good few days/ weeks rest.

Hi Arun
After 12 days in hospital I am now at home. I am under strict orders to have complete bed rest with a few small walks through the day just to keep my legs going.

After feeling like I have been to hell and back I am now on the mend and it looks like there is no permanent damage. I have been giving a sick note for 6 months and my driving license has been taken off me for 9-12 months.

I scanned through the posts on the tmau and breathelp group and was overwhelmed by all the messages of support and well wishes. Arun please would you pass on my thanks to both groups and apologize that I cant reply personally but to be honest it hurts my head to think.

Even walking around the house for one minutes wares me out and taking bath is quite an ordeal. I haven't eaten a full meal since this all happened so you can imagine how weak I am.

Hope you are well amd enjoying work.
maggs
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

why did she went to hospital?
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Stroke :/

I can smell 2 different kinds of cronical fecal BB, but I cant smell mine and Im told I have a different one. Strange.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Does she think there is a connection between her going to hospital and her bo/bb problem?
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Maggs had a stroke. She doesn't think there is any connection with her condition and neither do I. I only mentioned it because we are all naturally concerned for each other.

Mico, are you saying that you can smell other people's faecal bb but not your own? Howmany people's faecal bb have you been able to smell?
Arun
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Is she old woman?
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Arun, yes thats what Im saying. I can smell 2 strong identical fecal BBs from 2 women and a different fecal BB(resembles a little cigar smoke) from a man. I can smell them perfectly as anyone else does. And they have always more or less the same smell, while my smell I think is changing from tmau to fecal to sulfur and back and forth, ranging several meters. Im not yet diagnosed for tmau tho.

And I have smelled myself maybe 8 times, maybe lil more. like for a second, in my whole life. I have no bad taste, no dry mouth, nothing is wrong with my ability to smell(atleast not much), I have never seen a tonsilolith, no PND, nothing wrong with digestion, sinuses are great, Im absolutely healthy. And yes, I smell, I have a killing zone starting 2 metres around me :/

Jimmi, no, she is around 50, way to early for a stroke. She has TMAU but BB only.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic