Your Email Address:

First Name:

A few questions for those who found love.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Troy

A few questions for those who found love.

Post by Troy »

Here's the thing, I'm having strong feelings for a certain person and right now I don't know if a relationship with her could work because of my bb. So I would like those who have had the courage to look for love whilst carrying with this huge burden to let me know how do you make a relationship work? I mean, how do you manage to just cuddle on the couch whilst watching a movie or share your bed (just for sleeping) or have romantic dinners or even make love? How do you guys make it work if that is possible?

JakeL
Total Newbie

Post by JakeL »

This is a very delicate situation. You have to just go for it. Dont let the fear of striking out get in your way. I was recently in love and I cuddled and made love and kissed and all that good stuff. but I had a special circumstance, the girl I was with spoke very little english. She was from Brazil. I would just be a safe distance away from her or I would whisper in her ear when I talked to her. and I always got a chance to pause when she would ask me something because I would have to say it so she would understand it, but when it came to kissing and making love I had no hesitation. I would just do it. She seemed to love kissing me and she always initiated make out sessions. sometimes she would say she wanted gum, and I know she just wanted me to have some, so I would chew some too. When it came to making love, I would just keep my mouth closed unless I was kissing her. It sucks for us because we cant dirty talk a girl (which they love soooo much). I guess we could just breath on them, it doesnt get much more dirty than having my carcass breath in her face. think about it, did you ever taste someones breath when you were kissing them? I have one time and I have kissed my share of girls. Of course she was probobly one of us. I feel like I am walking around with a loaded gun that could just go off at anytime on any poor pedestrian stupid enough to stumble into my path. My point is that I am a sufferer, and I still had a meaningful relationship. That girl made me happier than I have ever been. But her visa ran out and she had to go back home. You see people talking close and being intimate and being in love and you envy it. And you think that it cant happen to you because of the curse, but it can. It happend to me. I got lucky, she didnt speak english. I guess you could say it wasnt lucky that she had to leave, and a girl that doesnt speak english is the only way I could experience those things. There is always hope. Even in the darkest places, a little light gets through sometimes
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

I did not have bb until I get 30 years old. My boyfriend in college had a nasty body odor. But he had sense of humor and he does not care about his BO. I really fell for this guy. We were together for about 2 years.

Right now I am enjoying my husband's company. We watched movies and always hold hands. We have been married for almost ten years. And we enjoy having romantic dinner like any other couples. He knows my concern re my bb but he just does not care. I can see from his actions that this is true. When we sit in the car, I sometimes catch him scratch his nose. However, he always initiates conversation and I noticed that he is actually the one enjoying it, sometimes he leans nearer when I talk softly. I have a penchant for stock market and politics and he always loves hearing what I have to say about them. He says that most of the time I have very radical ideas that are somehow interestingly workable. He also has great interests in these areas.

He always takes me with him when he goes abroad. Funny but one time I recall having dinner with him. One of the waiters serving us was touching his nose everytime he appraoch our table and the other one was almost cupping her nose. I became conscious and tried to breath shallow and talk softly. Funny but my husband was actually leaning very close to me to hear what I was saying.

In bed, he says that the quality of your breath does not matter. The quality of your lovemaking does. So here, I try to compensate for my poor breath quality. And we have always been happy.

So I think it is very important to share the same interest with your date. I think in general when you noticed that she is being interested in you during your first date, pursue her. She has substance.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Same here. They can't seem to get enough of it 8)
It's hard to keep it going though, as this burden can make us stay away from all social situations etc. Not wanting to meet the girl very often makes her even more interested though, as we know... so, yeah: all in. Girls love a bit of bb.
dr3amboy
Total Newbie

Delicate balance

Post by dr3amboy »

Wow, after reading this thread I have to comment on it.

OP, if you are really interested in this person and believe that something can come out of it, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE CHANCE. Please do not let this "minor" inconvenience stop you from finding your true love. I say "minor" because it really is minor to your significant other.

I had a GF of 3.5 years endure my problem and that was when I didn't really suspect that I had BB. We would always cuddle up when watching a movie and she always wanted to hear what I wanted to say. Needless to say, I put her through some tough times; waking up and kissing her with dreaded morning breath, having long conversations after eating spicy foods or garlic, long conversations in the car where she had no escape. Through it all, she endure it.

After that relationship ended, which isn't due to BB. I had another girl tolerate my problem for another 4 years, but it was much easier on her as at this time, I was well aware of the problem. But it didn't matter to her at all. In fact, I think I made her self consciouses of her breath because I would always offer her gum when I chew mines or always have mouthwash around.

It's a very delicate balance you have to walk and you just have to not think about it and just go with it. Please don't let it stop you from finding someone that you really care about. If she really cares for you, then it's a minor inconvenience that they can live with.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Depends on how offensive your bb is. If you can attack someone who's standing like 8 meters away from you. It's pretty obvious that nobody will be able to endure it.
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

I am sorry if I disagree with one of the posters above. The smelly air coming out of your mouth will definitely matter... It sucks, but it really does.

I wish you all the best though.

:(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic