Your Email Address:

First Name:

ppl with bb with no friends but a lover?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bleh
Junior

ppl with bb with no friends but a lover?

Post by bleh »

I find it odd how many people on this forum can hold a relationship but not many friends. I, myself don't have that much of a problem being in a relationship, but it seems as though I have a tougher time holding down friends. It's funny though, when I'm in a relationship I rarely kiss my boyfriend goodbye, only after I first see him or when I can run to a bathroom to "freshen up." Do any of you just ignore the problem and do all that "pda"? I think as for my friends (especially the same sex ones), they try to avoid hanging out with me as often because they don't want to be stuck smelling my problem more than a few times a month. Grrr...What do you guys think?

Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Yes most people try to avoid hangin out with me too, but sometimes when I haven't spoken for a long time, they seem to feel sorry for some reason and they try to start a talk again. The conversation usually doesn't last very long, cause they are usually reminded of that I have CH again. Tht's why I started avoid speaking to people in the past, but I don't think it's possible to avoid it forever.

Also when I haven't spoken to anyone for a few days, it feels like I'm starting to get really depressed. I have to speak to someone or else I'll go crazy.

I have never met anyone with extreme case of halitosis. It usually is just temporary and it can only be smelled when you lean really close to them. It's so weird, sometimes it just seems so unreal. I don't consider myself a human-being, more like mutant.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

yeh, i'm clueless as to how you guys are getting a lover..

i've got a few friends.. none of them are the great friends I feel I could have if I could speak my mind all the time and approach others, but they still would like to spend time with me every so often so I guess I should be grateful.

I used to think it was strange hearing people talk to themselves,.. but I've started doing it myself.. In the shower I sometimes sing and have conversations with myself.. Also in the car.. Sometimes I'll find that I'm speaking to myself in places where I shouldn't be :p

It's not as crazy as it sounds.. But when I feel completely worthless and empty inside, I guess I just want to talk .. and you know, I enjoy talking... I just can't say much to anyone other than myself >.<
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I know some people who talk to themselves. But I only know one person who does it all the time. I do nothing but having conversations with myself. It's actually pretty annoying cause sometimes when a professor asks u something, you have no idea what to say next. And they think you're rude for ignoring him/her, but I can't help it. It has become a habit and to be honest this is my escape from reality.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

i have to say, amongst my friends (and i mean real friends, not just acquaintances), i don't think anyone really avoids me directly because of my bb. in fact, most of the time, i'm the one who isolates myself from others because of embarrassment and discomfort.

however, i sense that sometimes people get uncomfortable with MY awkwardness from the embarrassment of thinking that they can smell my bb, esp. girls. as i think girls usually have a better sense of smell, and that they're more sensitive. so they can tell that i'm awkward more than guys. lastly, this sounds ridiculous because they are usually closer in height to me, so they can smell my breath more than men! (i'm short)

i think that sometimes my girlfriends act more awkward because of the awkwardness that they sense in me, rather than because of my bb.

so bleh, if they are really your friends, i doubt that they mind your smell that much. i myself have encountered in different circles of friends where they are different kinds of "smelly' people. nobody seems to mind them at all. i guess in some ways i do have nice friends, but i think how awkward one is about it makes an even bigger difference.
brokenbuthopeful

Post by brokenbuthopeful »

most of the people are very polite and they dont tell u verbally that your breath stinks. but their body language makes u feel shy and your body language make them feel that u r rude or stupid. i belive that people suffering from choronic BB are much more sensitive and caring bcoz they know that how difficult it is to live with permanent depression. so when they fall in love or try to build up a long lasting relationship, they give their partener every thing they have, as a result they keep their relationship going on but they cannot make new friends bcoz of their feeling of embaressment. the fact is, people wont kill u bcoz of ur BB.we have to try to act and live normally.
brokenbuthopeful

Post by brokenbuthopeful »

human beings r social animals. we cant live without talking. when we cant find any one to chat with. we start talking to our selves.its a way out. some people say its unhealthy.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Or we could always paint a face on a ball and call him Wilson. :mrgreen:
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I used to think it was strange hearing people talk to themselves,.. but I've started doing it myself.. In the shower I sometimes sing and have conversations with myself.. Also in the car.. Sometimes I'll find that I'm speaking to myself in places where I shouldn't be :p

It's not as crazy as it sounds.. But when I feel completely worthless and empty inside, I guess I just want to talk .. and you know, I enjoy talking... I just can't say much to anyone other than myself
>.<[/quote]

OMG mike !!
I´m doing the same thing and i thought nobody else on this site was doing it so i never said anything about it.
I´m doing this for a long time now and i can´t stop .
i even do when i´m in the bus i do it everywhere. Sometimes people notice that i´m doing it and i´m really ashamed of it. But whatever, because if i don´t do it i go crazy.It makes me feel better.I have also created a whole new me in my head, i know it´s sounds crazy but i have created another me in my head with a lot of friends and new parents that are still alive you know. It´s really weird but the only way i can deal with this problem is fantasizing. In the beginning when i started doing this i really wanted to stop it but i just couldn´t i was scared that i was shizophrenic. But now i no i´m not. The only reasen why i can´t stop it is because i don´t have anything else.This talking to myself thing and fantasizing about a better me an music is what gets me through the day. I can´t go to work without my i pod . If i forget my i pod i will go home and get it .
it´s the only thing i have .
Thank GOD !! :D
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I have a fantasy world too just like you.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Busted wrote:I have a fantasy world too just like you.
Yeah isn´t that great!
I mean you can think about anything you wanna think about and no one will ever know.
In my world i´m like the greates person alive,very talented but still down to earth.
I´m like this big writer/singer/actor/dancer you know a great entertainer.
And people tell me all the time how nice i smell even in the morning i smell nice.
i´m :oops: telling you guys this, but whatever you guys don´t know me anyway ;)
Crapetic
Total Newbie

Post by Crapetic »

I don't have chronic halitosis,but I still fear talking to people real close,like a phobia.Of course I smoke,so I'm sure my breath is bad often.But I don't worry bout it no more,I just talk,and if I torture some one oh well.Or I just keep chewing winter fresh gum,that boosts the confidence.My only tip would be,have an altoid in your mouth always,then you know you're breath is minty fresh! ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic