Your Email Address:

First Name:

what does it smell like when you do the lick-your-wrist test

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
cat

what does it smell like when you do the lick-your-wrist test

Post by cat »

title says it all really. mine smells kind of cheesy... and fusty. but i'm confused because you guys complain about having breath that smells of poo, shit, or whatever. how do you know it smells fecal?

also, i did the lick-your-wrist test and asked a friend to smell it, and she claimed she could smell NOTHING at all. i also did this with my mum, and again she claimed she could smell nothing. they both also swear that i never have bad breath, even when i've given up on chewing gum for a few hours.

i'm so confused, because some people can
clearly smell it - i'll get offered mints, or called stinky for "laughs".

this has turned into a bit of a ramble... but responses would be appreciated. thanks :-k

Troy

Post by Troy »

I think that there isn't an accurate method to smell our own breath. The wrist test can give a slight odor, but i'm sure it's nothing compared to whats really coming out of our mouths. How can we tell it's fecal? Well, I'm sure those with fecal breath have heard the "Who's farted" comments. Thats proof enough for me i think.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Yeah, the wrist lick test only gives a faint odor or sometimes none at all , probably due to the lack of bacteria in the saliva. If you can find someone who can smell your breath & is trustworthy then he/she is your best solution to monitor the odor. I also think that those who can`t smell us probably have our bacterias in their blood but developed immunity for it that`s why their breath doesn`t smell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic