Your Email Address:

First Name:

I think it's my tonsils.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Troy

I think it's my tonsils.

Post by Troy »

I know there are quite a few threads on tonsils and tonsillectomies but i'd like to know if you think that this could be my problem.
Ok, as most of you, my oral hygene is very good. I brush at least 3 times a day, floss once, use the tung brush, mouthwash and sometimes rinse with warm water and salt. So the problem isn't my mouth. I do swallow a bit of mucus but i don't think its enough to give me the bad breath that i have .My nose is hardly ever congested unless i have a cold, however i do have bad breath coming out of my nose. I also know it could be the bacteria at the back of my tongue but i can actually stick my fingers that far back without gagging and then take a wiff at my fingers and they don't smell so i don't think that that is the problem, however when i touch my tonsils, they can smell really bad and i get a bad taste in my mouth immediatley after i touch them. I hardly get any tonsil stones, maybe once a month but my tonsils are the only thing that is clearly giving out a bad odor in my mouth.
I know you guys are not doctors or anything but do you think this could be THE problem?
Thanx.

stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

Hello Troy,

I have exactly the same problem as you and I am utterly convinced that it is my tonsils, if i touch them they smell disgusting and I also get tonsil stones but not everyday, i do have large crypts in my tonsils and if i put a cotton bud in it smells awful!

I am scheduled for my tonsillectomy on the 19th feb so I have everything crossed!

What i will say is that even though you arent getting tonsil stones they can be hiding and you may swallow them without knowing...........in addition to all the stuff you do i irrigate my nose with salt water, i get a syring and suck it back in through my nose and out my mouth.........just ensures it keeps passages clean from PND.

Also, I have posted a couple of things and I can honestly say with the exception of mike no-one has taken any notice..........to be honest I had stopped posting since reading yours so thanks and good to mail you :-)

xxxxxx
Troy

Post by Troy »

Thanx for answering stridinglady, good luck with your tonsillectomy and let me know what the results are. If it works for you I might have to go through one as well.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

stridinglady wrote: Also, I have posted a couple of things and I can honestly say with the exception of mike no-one has taken any notice..........to be honest I had stopped posting since reading yours so thanks and good to mail you :-)

xxxxxx
Congratulations on the upcoming tonsillectomy!

Don't feel bad if no one responds to your posts.. I think many posts are ideally the same thing.. especially from the eyes of people who have been here for a long time. We've all seen the thoeries, the discussions, the stories.. and many times at that. Tonsils have been discussed a lot in the past if my memory serves me right.. So we aren't always compelled for a discussion.

Basically (And this is for you too Troy) if you have tonsils, even if it isn't THE problem, iIt is A problem... If you can get a doctor to approve a tonsillectomy, go for it. Tonsils might not be a big deal for normal people, but for people like us, any hiding place in the mouth can become a bacteria filled nest. Have the doctor also examine your adenoids (which are suppose to shrivel away by the time you're an adult) as I've heard horror stories about rotting adenoids :-&
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

Thank you Mike :-)......your a gentleman!

I shall keep you posted re tonsilectomy...........9 sleeps to go....woohoo!

xx
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

WHY DID PEOPLE WHO HAD THEIR TONSILS REMOVED, REMOVED ALSO ADENOIDS???
AND ARE THERE MORE THAN ONE KIND OF TONSILS? I MEAN I'LL PROBBABLY HAVE TONSILECTOMY DONE, AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYTHING SHOULD I HAVE REMOVED??? NEED AN ANSWER NOW, I'M SEEING DOCTOR TODAY!

THANX
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

Well???

and THOSE WHO WENT TO FINKELS AND OTHER DOCTORS, NEXT TIME TAKE SOMEONE WHO U KNOW U CAN TRUST SO THEY CAN CONFIRM DOCTOR U HAVE BAD BREATH! AND IT'S GOOD TO HAVE THEM NEAR U, WHEN DOCTOR SAYS U ARE CURED, U'LL HAVE URE FRIEND TO TELL U THE TRUTH!
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I am curious about the people who have had the surgery already. Time has passed. Has it worked? Mike is right. People have gotten it, and many don't post anymore. I remember a few people saying the BB came back. I don't know if anyone has come back after a month and claimed to be Bb free.
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

the smell it sounds like is coming from your digestive in a way you can't feel. you can breathe through your nose easily and freely but your mouth breathing maybe congested.

tonsils smelling could because of the opened up space between your digestive and respitory systems.

honestly changing ur diet will help, a full body cleanse will help, nose cleansing will help, etc.. etc...

i do would like to know about swallowing problems. there is a way in which doctors/proffesionals can detect if you have a swallowing problem.

i know i do and it seems the more i get a hold of it, the more i can be in control.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

greenman wrote:the smell it sounds like is coming from your digestive in a way you can't feel. you can breathe through your nose easily and freely but your mouth breathing maybe congested.

tonsils smelling could because of the opened up space between your digestive and respitory systems.

honestly changing ur diet will help, a full body cleanse will help, nose cleansing will help, etc.. etc...

i do would like to know about swallowing problems. there is a way in which doctors/proffesionals can detect if you have a swallowing problem.

i know i do and it seems the more i get a hold of it, the more i can be in control.
Yes there is. A Gastroenterologist can do testing called manometry. It specifically deals with gauging the pressure of a swallow. It checks whether the muscles related to stomach and esophagus are properly functioning when initiated by a swallow. Basically it will make sure that you are strong enough to push food from the mouth to the stomach normally Usually done on older people. You need a good doctor who knows how to do this. The basic ignorant ENT can not perform this test.

I thought this would be the answer, but my tests came out fine.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

SO, I guess that didn't work. Has anyone here ever been cured after tonsil surgery?

Please share!
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

Hi Troy,

Day 6 after tonsillectomy and it has been horrific, i have been in tears, back in hospital......rocking with pain!

DO NOT put yourself through it..........stock up on chewing gum!

xxx
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

laser tonsillecthomy. 30% better.

I wonder if a classic tonsillecthomy wouldn´t been better for me....

Sorry to hear stringlady, you have been with bad luck, you should´nt have pass for all that in regular conditions.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic