Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue Brushing with Table Salt

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Tongue Brushing with Table Salt

Post by searching »

After brushing my teeth with toothpaste, then rinsing thoroughly with water, I've performed the following step with good results against BB.

Warning, this can burn if done too vigorously. I’m doing this no more than once per day.

I place a small amount of table salt, about 1/16th teaspoon, on a wetted Tung Brush. I used it to gently brush my tongue for about 15 to 30 seconds, focusing primarily toward back near the throat. It is not pleasant; however, it is very effective in dislodging material coated on the tongue, and in freshening my breath. I use very light, gentle strokes and it removes all coating and seems to kill the deeply-rooted bacteria.

As an alternative to a Tung Brush, I’ve used a regular toothbrush with bristles that I have trimmed with scissors to half their original length. This provides a brush with short, stiff bristles effective in removing coating from the tongue.

OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

I have started doing this and it has had great effects p.s i add MUCH more salt
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Salt water rinses are often recommended by dentists as a post surgery antimicrobial treatment. I wonder if you were to wet the salt slightly to make a paste? Or maybe you don't need to .. just dip a wet brush into some salt. How about baking soda to reduce the pH - has anyone tried this? Or a mix of the two?

Enfresh also makes a tongue brush. It has short stiff bristles in a circular pattern like the Tung but more of them, and a curved handle with comfy grips like a toothbrush. Just for your info. My clinic sells this online here: http://www.freshbreath.ca/products-cata ... product=23

However you do it, cleaning the tongue is a very good idea.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I use baking soda, never considered salt. I imagine pure salt would dehydrate the mouth which might be counterproductive. Have you compared the results, salt vs. baking soda?

I find that eating a fairly clean dinner, not after 3 hours before lying down reduces the need to scrub hard. IE it doesn't matter whether I use toothpaste, or baking soda. Actually, the severity of the coating on my tongue depends on how well my food was digested. Of course, if I skip a day the 'stuff' will accumulate regardless.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

elliott wrote:I use baking soda, never considered salt. I imagine pure salt would dehydrate the mouth which might be counterproductive. Have you compared the results, salt vs. baking soda?

I find that eating a fairly clean dinner, not after 3 hours before lying down reduces the need to scrub hard. IE it doesn't matter whether I use toothpaste, or baking soda. Actually, the severity of the coating on my tongue depends on how well my food was digested. Of course, if I skip a day the 'stuff' will accumulate regardless.
Salt will most of the time win.

Nasal irragation is much better to put salt 100% Rather than Baking Soda 100%

Baking soda sux for me
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

i used to brush my teeth with a mix of oxigen water, baking soda and table salt for about two years or more.....

It wasn´t a cure but it helps
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

emotional rescue wrote:i used to brush my teeth with a mix of oxigen water, baking soda and table salt for about two years or more.....

It wasn´t a cure but it helps
That's a long time to brush your teeth .. even two minutes at a time seems long to me :mrgreen:
Help

Post by Help »

Gabriel wrote:Salt water rinses are often recommended by dentists as a post surgery antimicrobial treatment. I wonder if you were to wet the salt slightly to make a paste? Or maybe you don't need to .. just dip a wet brush into some salt. How about baking soda to reduce the pH - has anyone tried this? Or a mix of the two?

Enfresh also makes a tongue brush. It has short stiff bristles in a circular pattern like the Tung but more of them, and a curved handle with comfy grips like a toothbrush. Just for your info. My clinic sells this online here: http://www.freshbreath.ca/products-cata ... product=23

However you do it, cleaning the tongue is a very good idea.
I have been thinking of visiting that clinic for a while now, I was just wondering what kind results have u experienced?
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

OraFresh/FBC clinic treatment results are 100% successful for very extreme cases of chronic halitosis. This is because the bacterial overpopulation is so extreme that the dominant species are easily identified. After 15 years of battling oral bacteria we have become very experienced in assessment.

In cases of mild to medium CH, there is sometimes ambiguity in dominant bacterial species. Believe it or not, these cases are where we have failures: about 5-6% overall, although some portion of this is due to clients failing to follow the treatment regime properly.

We include nutritional and medical analysis in the assessment process.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic