Your Email Address:

First Name:

Thanks for the support...

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
sharmayne
Total Newbie

Thanks for the support...

Post by sharmayne »

Hi guys,
I'm newly registered to this site but I have been brousing thru for a while now. It really helps to know that your not alone. I have had halitosis since I was a kid. I remember my best friend making jokes about being able to smell my breath over the phone. I come from a large family and I am the only one afflicted with this terrible condition. It can really ruin your life if you let it. The rejection alone is a killer, but for me the worse part is that no one really gets to know who you really are because you can't show your true personality to its fullest because of the fear of them smelling your breath. Also I really hate that they think that you don't know that you have the problem. Sometimes I detect a smurk on their faces like, (I know something you don't know). I am a very attractive person, I get stopped all the time where ever I go someone wants to give me a compliment and try to talk to me. I usually say I;m in a hurry and run off. It is hard because I like the attention but then I don't because I don't want them to find out about my breath. A lot of them think I'm stuck up I'm sure. I start a new job in two weeks and I'm dreading it, all that interaction with people and although they can see I am well groomed and clean, nice teeth, hair done, nails done. I'll get the look like "oh its just a hygiene problem why doesn't she go brush her teeth, floss, scrape her tongue" etc. That really pisses me off as though I don't already do that. Why would I just take care of everything else and just leave my mouth out?.. Wow, I really needed to vent, thanks for the shoulder. :roll: [/i]

Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Hi, welcome to bbh. I have it since I was a kid too. I remember other kids would always try to avoid talkin to me. I've always been a loner, because of this. However when you're a kid, other kids doesn't seem to mind that much. All they care about is playing and having fun. When you go into puberty, you start socializing. That's when the nightmare really begins. There's noone you can talk to about it. When teachers ask you why you're so quiet, you can't tell them the truth. You see others doing what you will never be able to do and you start becoming to feel dissappointed. Your parents won't understand what you're going through. They blame everything on you. When you try new products and find out they don't work, you going to get even more dissappointed. If you compare yourself to the most random person on this earth you will see how abnormal you are. Eventually you'll start askin yourself what the hell you're doing here. Everyone thinks you're weird and stuff. Luckily we don't live forever, it's just a matter of time that i will be relieved from all of this crap. i personally don't think that I will find a cure anymore. It really sucks, cause I know that my life could have been a pretty cool life to live, but I was cursed from the beginning.

My bb problem is a symptom from a disease. I have no idea what kind of disease. It could be an infection or whatever, but I'm sick of other people thinkin it has anything to do with my hygiene. My oral hygiene is better than theirs all together.
sharmayne
Total Newbie

What are we doing here

Post by sharmayne »

Hey Busted,
your so right it makes you wonder what are we really doing here. I watch Oprah all the time and hear all these motivational speakers saying live your life to the fullest and fulfill your dreams. Well that obviously does not apply to us. I think if I were not cursed with bb I would have been a actress and a really good one at that. I know I have the potential or a school teacher. Do you see how close these actors get in each scene and God forbid if they had to kiss me! Then kids at school would have so many nick names for the teacher with BB, and its important to get close to them to teach. I definitely have the "IT" but its completely trapped. Its a quiet hell. Your right about becoming a loner, what choices do we have. I am embarrassed just going to the corner store and asking for something over the counter, because I know they can smell my breath. I find myself speaking really quickly too in a effort to spare them the offense. I can only recall ever meeting two people in my life time with this problem. I personally was really shocked at how awful the smell was coming from their mouths. These were years apart but I still remember them distinctly because I said to myself "my goodness is that how bad my breath is" no wonder people step back and cover there noses. It only made me more recluse. Your right its gets even more depressing when you buy products after products just hoping one will work for you only to find that none do. I cant give up hope though its a big maybe but maybe one day there will be a cure found, its really that hope that keeps you going and helpful sites like this. Well, we're here and we're not going anywhere, So I guess they'll just have to deal with it or help find a cure, keep your head up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic