Your Email Address:

First Name:

An experiment: smelling the odor

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bloorain
Advanced

An experiment: smelling the odor

Post by Bloorain »

I made an interesting discovery yesterday. I picked up one of those breath spray thingies at the drug store and decided to just take it and spray way way in the back of my tongue or throat just to see what would happened. I just opened my mouth really wide and did it. After like 4 or 5 squirts what produced from that was the worst most disgusting fecal smell mixed with the spray I ever smelled. I assume it was the alcohol or something that triggered this but the fecal odor was just unbelievable. I don't know whether this means that I really really shouldn't use anything with alcohol in it or the alcohol perhaps loosened up something waay in the back of my throat. It was interesting in the least just because this was the first time I have been able to smell anything coming from my mouth (usually I relied on other people).

I also tried doing this with just a salt water mixture and it wasn't the same - nothing came from it.

Any thoughts?

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

You got introduced to your breath. Its probably 24/7 like this and you tricked your sensory blockade for a short while. I can trick it just for a second, only 1 inhale, then its back to the blockade and I cant smell a thing anymore.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Yeah, similar things have happened to me. A quick whiff .... Shocking every time.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:P
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Swishing salt water as far back as i can does a similar thing. You can sort of taste how bad your breath smells.... I think.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic