Your Email Address:

First Name:

Some tips

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
nomad
Total Newbie

Some tips

Post by nomad »

Hello all. First time posting. First off, Jimi, thanks so much for making this site. It has been really helpful.

My brief story: bb, tried this and that, can't talk to people face to face, losing self-esteem, etc etc. You know the story.

Here are some things that I do that might be, and hopefully are, helpful to some of you.

1. How I detect my bb (Probably not a 100% accurate or reliable technique, but I believe it gives you some clue as to how bad your breath is).

I stick my thumb in my mouth and wipe the palate area (the roof of the mouth) with it. Then take your thumb out, and smell your thumb. You can also try wiping the very back of your tongue with your finger and smelling it. I usually let my thumb dry a bit, before I smell it.

The only problem with this though, is that I'm not sure if whatever you'll smell on your thumb is what others will smell when you speak to them. The two odors may be completely different. But I think it gives you some idea about your breath. The first time I discovered this technique and smelled my thumb, I just couldn't believe how disgustingly bad it smelled. No wonder I had been getting those reactions and occassional remarks!!

2. Potential remedy (but probably not a cure): VINEGAR

Get a shot glass. Fill it with 50% vinegar and 50% water. I happen to use apple vinegar, with no additives, so I don't know if other kinds may produce different results, but then I drink that. I have found that my breath isn't as bad as it used to be (this I draw from using the technique mentioned above). I do this twice a day, after breakfast and dinner. Do a search on the internet on the effects of vinegar on bad breath. You'll be surprised how easily you'll find positive information on it. I think I read things like, "improves your digestive system," "boosts your immune system," and whatnot. Good news, right? Here's a link to one of the many sites I found on the effects of vinegar.

http://www.badbreathkiller.com/others/d ... reath.html

That's it for now. Since finding this site, I've started taking more vitamin C and doing the nasal rinse (stage 2) regularly, in addition to taking apple vinegar. I must say, I find that I'm salivating more often, and I don't detect a bad smell on my thumb as much. But since I started all that at about the same time, I can't exactly say which is improving my breath...lol

ps. Here are some random ideas that you could try out: rinsing or gargling with vinegar, perhaps?? Or you could mix it with water first to make a water-and-vinegar solution, and then try using that.

Hope this helps.

Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Nomad thanks for those tips. I did some searching and found a very passionate post from a sufferer who used vinegar with baking soda and peroxide (I think) and said it worked. I haven't tried it yet because I'm waiting to see what happens from my recent prescriptions and if that turns out to be disappointing like so many other remedys I plan to.

http://www.answerfame.com/General/health-01119.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic