Your Email Address:

First Name:

21 yr old female from US

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bleh
Junior

21 yr old female from US

Post by bleh »

Hey fellow bb sufferers,

I've been on this site for probably about 6 months now. I was actually the one who recommended Odor Cleanse or Pro-M a few months earlier. I noticed VERY slight improvements on my breath, but nothing significant enough for anyone to be running out and ordering a lifetime supply. I don't know if I've told anyone my personal story yet, but here goes... I've been suffering from chronic bb for my entire life. After using tons of mouthwashes (Therabreath, Aktiv K-12, Probiotics, Dioxirinse, Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Smartmouth, Oxyfresh, Profresh, Bliss K-12, Salivasure, Hydrofloss,...and I'm positive the list goes on), going to see Dr. Dailley (which cost me over a grand and I'm a college student!) and visiting a doctor about my problem; I've so far have had zero success. I've never actually discussed my problem with anyone but I know the people surrounding me are aware of my problem. I don't understand how some ppl on this forum say that some people can't smell their bb. Is that even possible??? I'm also a server at a restaurant (surprising, i know) and I usually determine whether or not my bb has had improvements based on my guests reactions. I've always had a nasal irrigator, but I just recently started tilting my head back and noticed a significant improvement on my PND, but I'm not sure how much it's helped my bb altogether. I even tried that raw diet that some people were talking about, and for those of you who are interested in trying it, the diet actually helped alot. My breath was sweeter, but nonetheless still had a mild odor to it. I've just recently started switching my daily oral hygiene procedure to flossing 3x a day, brushing with a sonicare toothbrush and colgate total, and on the occasion using therabreath (which hasn't had much improvement on my breath, but it usually leaves me without a foul taste in my mouth for a few hours). As for the people who are interested in meeting fellow bb suffers, I'm down for that. My response to the earlier post about how bb is related to being underweight, I'm 5'2 and 105 lbs. I don't know if that's necessarily underweight, but if a high metabolism has something to do with it...i'd be shocked.

Well that's just my update since I haven't posted or commented much on what's been posted recently.

bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention. Being a server and meeting tons of people, I have YET to notice one person that had strong enough bb for me to notice it. The restaurant I serve at is probably the WORST place for your breath (onions on everything, fried, greasy food). Are we that big of freaks!?!? This problem is so amazingly frustrating that I've given up on searching for a true cure. Ever since I've turned 21, my breath has gotten worse because of going out to drink. I used to be shy when I was younger, but at this point I just try to mask my odor with gum or back away from people...I don't think that bb should make us be shut off from the world, if anything, we should try to meet more people and see who likes us enough to want to be friends despite our breath problems.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Years before I ever even had bad breath, I encountered 1 or 2 people who smelled absolutely terrible while I was at work in a CD store.
I'm not sure if it was BB or simply a general stench about them, but it was incredibly bad. Absolutely mindblowingly bad! They looked like a couple of hillbillies though, and in appearance you could tell their hygiene was terrible as they looked quite disgusting, so it may not have been chronic halitosis.

Whatever those people had with them was leagues beyond the intensity of my BB (which only seems persistent over 5 or 6 feet. Perhaps fill a small room or proximity if I'm stationary for awhile).

Even after they left the store there was a strong smell for probably over an hour.

But again, I think it's possible these people might have had other issues. They looked very unclean and may have even had disgusting looking teeth. I only remember how sloppy and 'from the sticks' they looked. Perhaps they haven't showered or performed general hygiene procedures in years?

Other than this I've come across just a couple people with casually bad breath. One in particular had a constant bad 'tonsil stone' smell and he always complained of sore throats. It filled small rooms. I'm pretty sure a tonsilectomy would have fixed him up.. If I see him in the future I might try to slip it into conversation.. Maybe after I get a tonsilectomy and perhaps am cured from BB (one can only be hopeful).
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

Mike - im now 5 weeks post tonsillectomy and i can honestly say it has helped a lot, i no longer gave such a bad taste in my mouth and it just feels cleaner some-how............I am also gauging peoples reaction and i've had no negative reactions so far..............I am still nasal irrigating and brushing and flossing etc as i think its good practice anyway............................the mucus from PND doesnt smell and i also have run a cotton bud in every nook and cranny in my mouth and they dont smell either - when i done this before i had tonsillectomy the smell on the cotton bud was absolutely disgusting!

also, i was certain I was lactose intollerant and am now taking lactase before i eat..................i am also certain this is helping too................fingers crossed it keeps going so well.

In answer to your question about cost my insurance paid for mine but i do know that it cost in the region of £3000 (including hospital fees etc)

hope this helps xxxxxx

P.s. i know what you mean about meeting up - i'd feel the same
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

stridinglady wrote:Mike - im now 5 weeks post tonsillectomy and i can honestly say it has helped a lot, i no longer gave such a bad taste in my mouth and it just feels cleaner some-how............I am also gauging peoples reaction and i've had no negative reactions so far..............I am still nasal irrigating and brushing and flossing etc as i think its good practice anyway............................the mucus from PND doesnt smell and i also have run a cotton bud in every nook and cranny in my mouth and they dont smell either - when i done this before i had tonsillectomy the smell on the cotton bud was absolutely disgusting!

also, i was certain I was lactose intollerant and am now taking lactase before i eat..................i am also certain this is helping too................fingers crossed it keeps going so well.

In answer to your question about cost my insurance paid for mine but i do know that it cost in the region of £3000 (including hospital fees etc)

hope this helps xxxxxx

P.s. i know what you mean about meeting up - i'd feel the same
PLease don't disappear. Keep posting how you feel, if you can.
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

absolutely, will def keep you up to date. I am still getting no negative reactions from anyone which is good, my morning breath is nowhere near as bad as it was either - changing to a healthier diet i think has also helped a lot.

it was an awful operation and i never want to go through it again, however, if you are certain its tonsils i'd go for it

xxx
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic