Your Email Address:

First Name:

So how is everyone coping/feeling?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
findacure
Master

So how is everyone coping/feeling?

Post by findacure »

Just wanted to know how everyone was feeling and coping, anyone with any good news (or any bad), new job, new partner, blossoming relationships?

Well for me im feeling ok at the moment, I’m enjoying my job, even though I get the odd reaction from people, but im coping.

Being by myself is killing me, can you die from loneliness? I’m definitely missing the intimacy with another person…the hugz, kissez and the late night chats…uggh…life!

So cmon if your on the site log in and post something..

Findacure..x

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

thanatos wrote:This condition has been affecting me badly as of late (because of my jobs where I have to talk to a bunch of people).

I don't want to talk or even be around people. Although being lonely without contact with people is painful, it is actually refreshing and desirable compared to having to deal with people reacting to my breath all day when I'm working.

When I'm by myself, I find some peace & sadly this state of being alone is now what I define as me being OK & that is quite sad when I think about it.
I know how you feel thantos, sometimes i feel better off being by myself, because its a such a task being around people and trying not to expose them to your smell.

At times i forget that i have this illness, then it would be that one person to rub their nose even when there standing about 5 feet away, then i realise how severe my odour is and how far can reach!!

Being a receptionist im in contact with people everyday, some react some dont..ive kind of got a few techniques that i use to kind of hide that fact that i have bad breath. They work occasionally,.. lol...when a person is done talking to me i always watch them as they walk away to see if there going to rub their nose, or if there is more than one person i watch their reactions to each other as they leave…it so crazy.

Any mention of bad breath or chew gum, or any reference to bad smell in conversations, sends my blood pressure so high, coz I always think it some sort of cheap shot! (maybe it isnt sometimes!) I just usually stay quiet or find some way of leaving the reception. Uggh…they just don’t understand!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i couldn't wait to get home today.. It's not a good breath day for me apparently...

I started considering quitting my job again.. There are just too many people I have to interact with there.. Well, not really interact with, but I have to move around constantly.. I'm sure I'm stinking up the whole place :(

But if I quit.. what would I do? There's no other job out there anymore befitting really. It's a problem no matter what I do or where I go. s*****e makes a lot of sense to me these days.. But as long as I still have doubts about it I know I won't go through with it.

There are still a few things I've yet to try..
destined

Post by destined »

I feel your pain and I experience the same agony all day long.
I started a new job this week and two of my coworkers asked me out to lunch to welcome me to the area. I accepted their invititation because I did not want to appear rude, but inside I was dying. I appreciated their sincerity but knew my secret would soon be revealed and it was. They were both really professional and very nice about it. Needless to say I will be eating alone from here on out. :(
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
danceintherain
Total Newbie

Post by danceintherain »

destined wrote:I feel your pain and I experience the same agony all day long.
I started a new job this week and two of my coworkers asked me out to lunch to welcome me to the area. I accepted their invititation because I did not want to appear rude, but inside I was dying. I appreciated their sincerity but knew my secret would soon be revealed and it was. They were both really professional and very nice about it. Needless to say I will be eating alone from here on out. :(
Did they say anything to you at all? OR did you notice them twitching their noses during lunch or something? I know how you feel. I have had similar situations too. I"m sure we all have. I do a bunch of tricks to find out if it stinks at that time. Sometimes i will purposely talk in someone's face just to find out if it stinks at a particular time. Some people rub their noses, and some people don't...I still think it stinks whether they do or not. It gets pretty bad.
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

I know what ye are going through guys. I am desperately struggling to cope at the minute & fantasise about s*****e frequently even though I am quite sure I could never go through with it. But I wake up ever day just wishing I didnt have to live it. I went on anti-depressants Zispin but they made me feel worse, just heavy and tired and a bit spaced out as if I couldnt feel anything at all. I am going back to a counsellor tonight in the hope that it will help me to get out of this hole as I have not always felt this badly despite having bb for the past 25 years. It is nothing short of a nightmare and I feel old and tired and sick of it all. I have also isolated myself from society, have never had family support or havent had a partner in about 10 years.The real tragedy is that I have an 11 year old daughter & I am just eaten up with guilt about what this is doing to her.
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

Just came back from family holiday. Had my tonsils out almost 2 months ago and been under delusions that I am getting really well from bb until lately. I am getting the usual reaction again specially in crowded places. I felt the procedure helped me, just not sure as to what extent- but I am sure that it is becoming insignificant.

I really want this to work so badly. I look around me and people that I know are earning really well when I have the same or higher qualifications than them. I can also sing professionally, which I love very much aside from playing the flute. But needless to say, they are adding to my depression!!!

I feel gratitude to God regardless of my situation as He is a loving God. He provides my husband a very good income that enables him to provide well for our family. But I also want to contribute especially when I really can.

I am feeling really down lately. I am seriously considering doing something to my lingual tonsils.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

right now i feel really sad. i watch people that can have normal conversation and i feel really hurt that i can't do the same. i don't have people in my life that can be really objective about my breath, so i just have to assume it's bad. i was talking to someone the other day and couldn't hide my breath. when she started talking she covered her mouth, which made me realize she noticed my breath and became concerned about hers.

i guess i feel bad because so many people who don't understand bb automatically think you are a bad person if you have it. there's no connection between the two things, but that's still the reality. if you smell, you are considered a bad person. :(
KP2008
Total Newbie

Post by KP2008 »

I'm not dealing with this at all. I feel like commiting s*****e the minute i step into my house tonight. I'm so sick of this. It's embarassing to see the looks on people's faces. I'm so desperate for some help right now.. and I don't mean a therapist because I already have one, I mean for a solution!
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

KP2008 wrote:I'm not dealing with this at all. I feel like commiting s*****e the minute i step into my house tonight.
Hey hang in there, u dont wanna go doing that...im going to send u my addy, by PM..if u wanna chat..
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

i´m on a downspiral right now

i´ve allways had plans and things to look out, always very curious, trying to be positive after all....

but lately i just don´t care about a thing, this is getting me dry
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Yeah I am trying really hard to not be depressed and build a shell to people's reactions. I'm trying to let my personality shine through and if people want to treat me like dirt after I've been cool to them then they are not worth a second. Be strong comrades!
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

i am feeling so down today. i just came from a job interview and the interviewer was wondering why i kept covering my mouth, so i put it out in the open and guess i stunk out the joint. 3 seconds later the interview was over...

i have been unemployed for 4 months and 2 days now. my mother has been talking bad things on me, of how i am a bum and useless etc... i feel like i hit rock bottom. there is no where for me to go. i am unable to live a life. i really want to kill myself..for several times this past week now but doesnt have the strenght to end my miserable life... i cant take it anymore. i dont know whats going to happen. i feel like crying.

:( :( :( :( :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic