Your Email Address:

First Name:

We cant smell eachother?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Ice wrote:Arun thanx for ure reply.
may I ask what is their opinionon TMAU and halitosis? have they done any research in this field?
Ice, check out "Human Breath Odors and Their Use in Diagnosis" .

Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Thanatos, the 3 of us who could smell other group members could smell themselves, the others out of the 3, and even a few of the rest of the group.
Arun
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Hi Ice, the researchers did not know about halitosis which is not TMAU-related, other than what is generally know. One agreed with me however that there may be an intestinal origin and the odours get carried around the body in the blood.

The researchers did not come with masks lol. Also, they were not analytical chemists so did not know about odour analysis but were interested in how many of us had tested positive for tmau
Arun
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Hi Arun,
at which meet-up were there 3 people who reported they could detect a stench? It's valuable feedback 8) ... How did they describe the aroma, and who could they smell, etc..?

I could only smell a faint smell of burnt rubber at the meeting I went to :oops:
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Hi Larc, actually I counted the 3 from their remarks over a number of meetups. I counted you as 1 :oops: because of your comment about burning rubber, then there was a guy called K who could smell 2 of us strongly, then there was a lady called R who could detect something else from the Group as a whole but was not sure from whom :!: . So they were not so useful unfortunately. :-k
Arun
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Oh I see :)
How did 'K' describe the odour, and to whom did the odour belong ... or more importantly, what were those two persons' complaint? (bb / bo / both / tmau?)

It's rare that we get honest 'critique', so maybe we should hire 'odour judges' for future meet-ups, as discussed earlier?

O:)
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

sweets07 wrote:i mean why did i have halitosis and nasty taste all day long and the first time i had someone test my breath, it was fine. craziness!
That's a good way to give your child confidence, very well done by your dad. My parents do the exact same thing, unfortenately the people on high school didn't. They tell you you have bb without you asking them.
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Hi Lark,
The odour belonged to 2 members, one was R (I don't think you have ever met her), and he described it as rotten, foul. R told me she has intermittent breath and body odour that comes out 'in waves'. R did get a single positive result for tmau and one negative one also.

He also smelled M, and again described it as foul (not very descriptive eh?!). He said M made the sofa she was sitting on smell for several days afterwards! (especially where her head had been resting against). M thought for many years that she had b.o. but all the feedback she gets now is that its coming only from her breath not her body!

How did 'K' describe the odour, and to whom did the odour belong ... or more importantly, what were those two persons' complaint? (bb / bo / both / tmau?)

I agree with the suggestion of hiring odour judges, infact when I went to Thailand I hired 20 people to smell my body at different times and give me feedback! ;)
Arun
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic