Your Email Address:

First Name:

Streptococcus salivarius K12 WORKS!!! (for me)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Snobuni wrote:Emotional Rescue,

Here's the link to the New Zealand website I got my Blis from, I'm in the UK and it has an option to pay in GBP, so maybe it depends on where you live as to whether they'll take your credit card.

http://www.drugstorechemist.com/65/grou ... ore+Powder

Lastone 69,

I'm on a candida diet too at the moment as I think my bb is worsened by having the fungus in my mouth and digestive tract. I didn't want to take the Blis with juice or yoghurt cos this will make my candida worse, so I was going to just try it with water like bleh suggested, but now I've seen a list of the ingredients I'm not sure whether anybody on a candida diet should try it because it's got maltodextrin in, which is a derivitive of sugar and will probably feed the yeast and bad bacteria in our mouths!!

I tried a candida diet before and couldn't understand why I was still very bloated and my tongue was still really coated. It was because I was using alot of artifical sweetener, the main ingredient was maltodextrin, it's v v bad news!! Also, anything that ends in 'ose' is a sugar (ie, fructose, glucose). And Blis contains trehalose, according to the ingredient list posted by thanatos.

I'm not sure I'm going to try Blis at all now if the stuff I've ordered contains all this sugary shit. Although, when I looked at the website I ordered from, the only ingredient it listed was S. salivarius.

Finally, I tested the ph of my mouth today, expecting it to be very alkaline and it turned out to be very acidic!! Does this mean I should be trying to increase the ph in my mouth making it closer to slight acidity by using stuff like baking soda, xylitol and eating alkaline food before I try to reintroduce S. salivarius?

Sorry for the long posting. :D
Ya I was concerned about the trehalose ingredient well too! But I think with such a small dose and plus were just swishing in the mouth and not swallowing it that it may not affect the candida. I eat yogurt/kefir on the otherhand because of the beneficial bacteria. The yogurt i buy is organic plain yogurt that contains no sugar.

Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Lastone69,

I think you're right, and maybe the sugar in the Blis is needed by the good bacteria so they have something to feed on in the package and once they get into the mouth. I'm interested to see you eat yoghurt, do you not get any bad effects from it at all? If I eat any dairy I bloat up and it coats my tongue and smells terrible. I might give plain sugarless yoghurt a try and see how this effects my belly and breath. Will you be trying your Bliss in water or in yoghurt? Are you going to skip the juice step?

Are you finding that your candida diet is effecting your bb at all? It's still early days just now I suppose! :D

I found a good site that looks at bb and it's links with candida if you want to have a look at it. The link is;

http://neemfirst.wordpress.com/category/bad-breath/

It looks at the links with constipation, candida and bb too. I'm always constipated despite a healthy diet and lots of fluids so I'm sure this must be effecting the candida and bb. How are your bowels (if that's not too personal a question???!!!!)

Larc400,

My ph reading was 5.0 and according to the test booklet this puts me in the very acidic zone. I had used hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash a couple of hours before though so maybe this is why. I'm going to test it again a few times throughout the day tomorrow (not using hydrogen peroxide first). This ph would fit with a candida infection though cos it apparently likes an acidic environment in the mouth and gut.
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Snobuni wrote:Lastone69,

I think you're right, and maybe the sugar in the Blis is needed by the good bacteria so they have something to feed on in the package and once they get into the mouth. I'm interested to see you eat yoghurt, do you not get any bad effects from it at all? If I eat any dairy I bloat up and it coats my tongue and smells terrible. I might give plain sugarless yoghurt a try and see how this effects my belly and breath. Will you be trying your Bliss in water or in yoghurt? Are you going to skip the juice step?

Are you finding that your candida diet is effecting your bb at all? It's still early days just now I suppose! :D

I found a good site that looks at bb and it's links with candida if you want to have a look at it. The link is;

http://neemfirst.wordpress.com/category/bad-breath/

It looks at the links with constipation, candida and bb too. I'm always constipated despite a healthy diet and lots of fluids so I'm sure this must be effecting the candida and bb. How are your bowels (if that's not too personal a question???!!!!)
I get my K12 tomorrow and Im going to first try with the mouthwash, then if it doesnt work, ill try sweets method. The organic plain yogurt (Takes a bit of time to get used to) doesnt bother me like cheese. My BB hasnt really changed of yet (about to start 4th week), but my tongue isnt coated like it was beforhand. My bowels are good, 2-3times/day. My diet has been consisting of organic meats, legumes, peas, buckwheat, brown rice, all kinds of veggies, no fruit, butternut squash w/ zucchini is a good meal for breakfast. Im also taking black walnut 2 capsules twice a day and probiotics about 16 billion/day.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Ok, so I tested my saliva ph this evening (without rinsing with hydrogen peroxide first) and it was very alkaline (7.5-8.0). So I guess the acidic reading I got this morning was down to rinsing with HP a few hours before I took my ph reading. Does this means I should take my Bliss with sugar free orange juice after all? I'm not sure where this leaves my theory about a candida infection, although I'll probably keep on with the diet.

How do other people bring down the ph of their mouths without ruining their teeth? I've read that brushing the back of the tongue with ACV is pretty good. How about chewable vitamin c? Rinsing with hydrogen peroxide twice a day (is this too much?)

Also, if you use overly acidic products, will they end up causing saliva to be too acidic and so kill off your good bacteria along with your bad? (And over stimulate your saliva, therefore causing more bicarbonate to be released in reaction to the very acidic environment?) Would adding bicarbonate to these acids decrease their potency and cause them to be closer to the acidity good bacteria like?

Aggggggggghhhhhhhh, help!!!!!!!!!! It's so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this self diagnosis and self medication is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Any advice would be gratefully received :)
garrett_8899
Total Newbie

Post by garrett_8899 »

I am old school- going back to Healthboards, but more of a lurker than a 400+poster.
1) Jimi, you should be ashamed of yourself for treating people on here so harshly. And dropping the F-bomb in your posts is unprofessional and ignorant!!!!!! You created this site for freedom of speech, correct from Healthboards??????, which I have even been a part of. But now you go accusing people of being spies and spammers. You may be the creator of this site, but you should let EVERY person on here judge for themselves what they want to try and believe. Just because a person doesn't have 400 posts under their belt, doesn't mean you are a spammer! And if people are having success, but you are suspicious, just keep your mouth shut!!!! Because if they are a liar, spammer, and con artist, it will come out in the end without you being a jerk and harrassing them. Grow UP and let this site serve its purpose without your rants and profanity.

2) Thanatos, good luck with your trial, and a big "GOOD FOR YOU" to all those who have have had good results with any product or routine.

AMEN and have a great day. \:D/
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

On the other hand, Jimi should be able to post his views, whatever they are. He doesn't have to be some objective saint, right?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

THis is a ****ing amateur site, I am not a ****ing professional, so I speak the ***k I want and if you ****ing don't like what I ***k want to say then I don't know how the ***k to help.

Regarding f word, why is ****ing such a bad word, don't ****ing know. This word can relive all the ****ing tension in your bodies, you should try it.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

Jimi wrote:THis is a ****ing amateur site, I am not a ****ing professional, so I speak the ***k I want and if you ****ing don't like what I ***k want to say then I don't know how the ***k to help.

Regarding f word, why is ****ing such a bad word, don't ****ing know. This word can relive all the ****ing tension in your bodies, you should try it.
LOL...i'm sorry but that was ****ing hilarious...
garrett_8899
Total Newbie

Post by garrett_8899 »

Jimi wrote:THis is a ****ing amateur site, I am not a ****ing professional, so I speak the ***k I want and if you ****ing don't like what I ***k want to say then I don't know how the ***k to help.

Jimi- try going for a run or lifting weights, dropping the F*** bomb all the time doesn't relieve tension, it makes you sound like a Jerry Springer guest. It gives an overall negative attitude, which is understandably easy to have with bb. However, having dirty breath and dirty language is sure to have you running into walls. ](*,)
I don't expect you to be an objective saint, but give posters a chance before calling them out to be a spammer.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Day 4 of K12 treatment.

Used Chlorhexidine in the morning. I felt this helps me greatly. The ActivOxygen is too weak to really wipe out the bacterial population in my mouth to prep it for the K12 bacteria.

My breath seems to stay much fresher throughout the day when I do that.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Thanatos,

Glad to here it's going well!!

I've been doing alot of reading about chlorhexidine, and it seems if it's used properly it should help with bb. I've used it in the past with a bit of success, but I think I've been using it wrong (too soon after using toothpaste). I've never had any trouble with staining cos I don't smoke or drink tea or coffee.

I'm still waiting for my Blis to arrive from New Zealand, but I'll definately be trying it with the chlorhexidine. Does it have alcohol in it? (Corsodyl does but tastes ok, Curasept doesn't but tastes awful!!) How often are you using it, just a couple of times a week or every day?

Are you using juice and having a probiotic yoghurt afterwards (do you use Kefir?) Sorry if I've asked you these questions before, but all the different threads get confusing :D

Hope it keeps working for you!
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Right now I do the following:

1:20am Brush teeth and tongue with Therabreath, floss. WWhen I coat my tongue, I stick my tongue outo ver the sink and just let the therabreath sit in for a few minutes. This makes a difference.

I then pour 10ml of orange juice into the measuring container and add 16 drops of ActivOxygen. I floss, then swish and gargle with my tongue sticking out as far as I can. I gargle more than I swish because most of the bacteria is at the back of the tongue. I gargle/swish for at least a minute.

I then wash my face shave, etc.

At 140:, I rinse my mouth out with water & brush my tongue clean with a tung brush. I then floss and gargle/swish Corsodyl for several minutes - mostly gargling with my tongue sticking out to get the chlorhexidine as far back as possible.

At 3:00am, I take my first dose of K12 with water

7:00am drink some Kefir yogurt
7:30am sleep
11:00am - wake up, brush teeth & tongue with therabreath, floss, gargle/swish with orange juice + ActivOxygen (more gargling than swishing - tongue sticking out as far as possible).

Wash face, shave, etc.

After a few minutes rinse mouth, brush tongue clean. Add a scoop of K12 to Kefir Yogurt & swish/gargle with that. Then swallow.

4:00pm - Kefir yogurt

10:00pm - Repeat 11:00am routine
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

thanatos wrote:Right now I do the following:

1:20am Brush teeth and tongue with Therabreath, floss. WWhen I coat my tongue, I stick my tongue outo ver the sink and just let the therabreath sit in for a few minutes. This makes a difference.

I then pour 10ml of orange juice into the measuring container and add 16 drops of ActivOxygen. I floss, then swish and gargle with my tongue sticking out as far as I can. I gargle more than I swish because most of the bacteria is at the back of the tongue. I gargle/swish for at least a minute.

I then wash my face shave, etc.

At 140:, I rinse my mouth out with water & brush my tongue clean with a tung brush. I then floss and gargle/swish Corsodyl for several minutes - mostly gargling with my tongue sticking out to get the chlorhexidine as far back as possible.

At 3:00am, I take my first dose of K12 with water

7:00am drink some Kefir yogurt
7:30am sleep
11:00am - wake up, brush teeth & tongue with therabreath, floss, gargle/swish with orange juice + ActivOxygen (more gargling than swishing - tongue sticking out as far as possible).

Wash face, shave, etc.

After a few minutes rinse mouth, brush tongue clean. Add a scoop of K12 to Kefir Yogurt & swish/gargle with that. Then swallow.

4:00pm - Kefir yogurt

10:00pm - Repeat 11:00am routine
]

You wake up at 7:30 AM? :D
One Day One Day....
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Hi Thanatos!

I'm confused about Kefir :oops:

Is the Kefir you are using the Russian stuff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir

In what form do you buy it ... are you making your own..?

In our supermarkets, we can buy this stuff:

Is that cool?

:roll:
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I make my own to ensure that it's as fresh as possible. I think the premade stuff is still good, but it really is easy to make! I'm goingto make another batch today and I'll be using milk that has been fortified with Lactobacillus acidophilus & Bifido bacterium. I get the Kefir starter culture from any store on google shopping. One packet + 4 cups of milk = a quart of powerful Kefir.

Here is some information regarding bacteria in Kefir:

http://www.healingcrow.com/ferfun/consp ... iracy.html

Homemade yogurt that is fermented for 24 hours, as recommended in the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle, will have an average concentration of 3 billion cfu/mL of yogurt. What does this mean? Well, if you were to eat a small bowl (500 ml) of 24 hour fermented homemade yogurt, you would receive 1.5 trillion beneficial bacteria - 100 times more bacteria than a 15 billion capsule.

Furthermore, freshly made kefir can have an average microbial count as high as 10 billion cfu/ml. This includes a mixture of various bacteria and yeast strains. This means that a 500 ml glass of homemade kefir could contain as many as 5 trillion beneficial microorganisms or even more!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic