Your Email Address:

First Name:

Streptococcus salivarius K12 WORKS!!! (for me)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Sorry I havent posted in a while. I got the K12 probiotics on wed and wanted to wait and see the affects if any. I think I have had the same results as Bleh and Sweets in that my BB has been reduced I say to around 80% which is quite a lot. I still have dry mouth and PND which I'd say leaves me with mild BB that most people get from time to time as a result of the dry mouth. My breath is still warm but does not have that strong fecal smell. I have had conversations with people and they dont turn away and actually keep asking me questions and i even had one dude keep talking right in my face which was kind of annoying. Im still super self conscous about my breath even though i my BB isnt no where near what it was. An example was i went to this play and sat by this guy and I kept on thinking I had BB the whole time, but afterwards I went to the bathroom to check my breath and it was fine. I think the PND and dryness still keeps me paranoid. My sister also says she cant smell anything. Ive also been on the candida diet for about 1 month but i still think its too early to tell how that will affect me if at all. Ill keep u posted.

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

what method? yogurt and juice?
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

Guys, do you think k12 will work out if I do not use mouthwash or yoghurt with it?

LastOne, whta brand do you use? How?

ER, how's k12 affecting your bb so far?
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

spygirl wrote:Guys, do you think k12 will work out if I do not use mouthwash or yoghurt with it?

LastOne, whta brand do you use? How?

ER, how's k12 affecting your bb so far?

Hi

I wasn´t able to get mine yet, i hope it will arrive like in ten days.....
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Ive been using all of the methods and I'm not quite sure which is best. Generally, i've been using juice/yogurt in the morning, juice no yogurt in the middle of the day and just half a scoop of k12, and then just with water before I go to bed. I've been using the aktiv K12 by therabreath.
Its obvious for me the K12 does not stop the BB at the source wherever that may be hopefully its the candida overgrowth for me. The K12 is neutralizing most of the BB bacteria on the back of the tongue. I have to say that when I touch the back of my tongue and then smell it theres no smell like there used to be, but when I touch my tonsils there is still a smell so maybe thats whats left of the BB source.
Im just wondering if after a month of using the K12 will it last like its supposed to or will I have to keep taking it.
Also, I use crest pro health which i think works a little better than colgate which has a tendency to dry my mouth out more
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Did anyone find a cheap place to get TheraBreath-products in Europe? That UK distribution place they have is over-priced...
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I got my Blis yesterday, and it's only 6 days worth, what a swizz!! Looks like I'll have to get mine from Katz after all. I'm going to give it a weeks trial before I deceide to buy more so I want to make sure I do the routine right.

Lastone69,

Are you using the chlorhexadine 2 hours before taking the K12? Do you mix yours with the juice and then have a yoghurt afterwards? But only in water at night? And this seems to be working for you? How long have you been taking it for now?

I'm still thinking (and hoping) that my problem is down to candida and that my diet will eventually just wipe it out!! I've had my tonsils removed, so any bad smell at the back of my throat must be from bad bacteria lurking about on the back of my tongue!!
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

WOW! Congrats lastone!! WELCOME TO THE SPAMMER CLUB! :) Not to burst your bubble or anything but the first week your breath will be amazing, but after a little bit it'll be reduced significantly but you will still have an odor from time to time. I've been on the k12 regime for about 3 weeks now and I can honestly say my bb is in a manageable state right now, but i still have relapses (probably about 2x a day, whereas before it'd be an ALL day horrible smell). when i first started the treatment i was ecstatic because i never knew (ever) what it felt like to not have an awful taste in my mouth after eating, drinking, morning, or any time of day. after a few days your mouth will adjust to the new "cleaner" feeling and you'll notice when your breath has a mild odor to it. if we all can figure out how to get rid of severe dry mouth and PND (i don't think nasal irrigation has helped much for mine), i think we will be able to be cured with k12. I feel like my cure will be after a tonsillectomy and after finding a way to treat my dry mouth. Good luck...I hope you can live a semi-normal life like the others who are on it!

the funny aspect of having "ok" breath nowadays is that when people talk to you directly in the face a person with chronic bb's first reaction is to take a step back. i serve at a restaurant and this girl started talking to me and i stepped back because she was about a few inches away from my face and then she took a sip of her water assuming that her breath smelled. i find it interesting to see how self conscious people are about their own breath by someone simply taking a step back or breathing through their mouthes. sometimes i wonder if some days my breath is BETTER than average and i just take a person taking a step back or doing typical bb signs as my breath smelling...or is it b/c their self conscious about their own breath? this method freaking sucks because there are some days i KNOW my breath is acting up...and others where i'm not sure at all.

i even brought up aktiv k12 to my sister and i think she was offended that i would tell her about it. i was going off about how i finally found something that works for me and she seemed VERY uncomfortable talking about the situation with me. after that she took a deep breath and exhaled through her nose (she always done that i think to assess what her own breath smells like) and i think she got depressed. its not like i was hinting anything to her...but i know shes struggled with bb from time to time. why is it that BB is such a freaking sensitive issue to EVERYONE??? even those with VERY mild cases? what makes bb harder to talk about then obesity...or facial hair on women???
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

bleh, your sister has bab breath, too? Did she verify your results? Can't you tell her to try it for herself and you can judge her results?

We need to know! :D
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Bleh,

Are you still taking your K12 just with water? Do you use chlorhexadine 2 hours before? :)
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

my sister has "ok" breath as well. its nowhere near chronic but sometimes when i'm close to her i can smell a faint funky odor. i remember a few years ago she would always be like "smelly cat smelly cat what have YOU been eating??" to me to make fun of my bb. one day she was like "yea everyone in our family has bb, i think its genetic." i'm the only one who's breath ALWAYS smells, whereas others is just on occasion. but yeah, when i mentioned it to her it was automatically a very uncomfortable situation. i was like "yeah i found something that ensures fresh breath all day." and she was like "i have that...SMARTMOUTH." and i'm like "no its a probiotic." and she just got very insecure about the whole situation and thought that i was indirectly telling her to try it. i doubt she will though...(partly because of pride issues/and she thinks her breath isn't THAT bad).

as for the chlorhexidine regime, i've never tried it. my daily regime is 2-3x a day: use the TUNG brush, brush with sonicare, rinse with orange juice/8 drops of aktiv oxygen, rinse with water, then use a scoop of aktiv k12 with WATER, rinse for a min, then spit out. i tried not using the aktiv oxygen, rinsing with OJ + aktiv k12, and eating dannon probiotic yogurt, and it made my breath have a mild fecal smell to it. i wouldn't suggest that method for everyone...

i have a bottle of chlorhexidine sitting next to me...but when would you use this? before the aktiv oxygen serum? after? do you think the results would be significantly different?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

My sister is a bit like that too, I don't think she has it as bad as me though, we never mention it, although her husband likes to insult me about it on the odd occasion!! If it's genetic, does that mean we're stuck with it forever then????!!!!!!!!

I think the chlorhexadine is just to wipe everything out (it's supposed to be a very strong antibacterial) before you introduce the good bacteria

I'm going to try brushing, flossing and scraping as usual. Leave it for half an hour, rinse with chlorhexadine, wait for two hours, rinse with orange juice then mix the K12 in natural yoghurt. If this makes things worse (any dairy usually does), I might just try mixing it with water after swishing with juice.

What do the Dr Katz Oxygen drops do? I'll have to order from him cos my pot from NZ is only going to last for a few days How long does the $60 dollar pot of the K12 probiotics last for? I think sweets said it was about 2 months. That doesn't seem too bad as long as I don't get ripped off on the shipping to the UK!!
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Why do u wait 2 hours before using the Aktiv K12 probiotics?

Bleh "Not to burst your bubble or anything but the first week your breath will be amazing, but after a little bit it'll be reduced significantly but you will still have an odor from time to time."
What do u mean by that? your breath got worse or better after a few days?
Amonth on the candida diet and it really sucks! I really want a glass of wine and some pizza and pasta, Sucks because you dont know if the Candida diet will help or not and it takes a while to take an effect if at all. But if this help with the dry mouth/ PND then ill be 100% cured. I still dont know if I have the confidence to ask a girl out though. Probably just paranoid because i know my breath isnt nearly as bad.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

i'll probably give the chlorhexidine regime a go. i have a bottle sitting in my room going to no good use so i'll see if theres any noticeable improvements.

lastone- i meant the first few days you're so glad that you don't have a horrible taste in my your mouth that you will most likely get overly excited. i know when i first started using k12 i was not used to having my mouth neutralize after eating, or not having a 24/7 bad taste in my mouth. in a few days your mouth will adjust to the new clean feeling and it'll be easier to detect if your mouth is beginning to have a certain smell to it. there's some days where i will eat pizza and yogurt and use k12 and theres no smell for most of the day. other days i will eat nothing but fruits and veggies and have a mild odor. i'm trying to track down what the difference is in those days. but yea...my bb has been reduced anywhere between 70-80%.
04paynem

Post by 04paynem »

bleh wrote:my sister has "ok" breath as well. its nowhere near chronic but sometimes when i'm close to her i can smell a faint funky odor. i remember a few years ago she would always be like "smelly cat smelly cat what have YOU been eating??" to me to make fun of my bb. one day she was like "yea everyone in our family has bb, i think its genetic." i'm the only one who's breath ALWAYS smells, whereas others is just on occasion. but yeah, when i mentioned it to her it was automatically a very uncomfortable situation. i was like "yeah i found something that ensures fresh breath all day." and she was like "i have that...SMARTMOUTH." and i'm like "no its a probiotic." and she just got very insecure about the whole situation and thought that i was indirectly telling her to try it. i doubt she will though...(partly because of pride issues/and she thinks her breath isn't THAT bad).

as for the chlorhexidine regime, i've never tried it. my daily regime is 2-3x a day: use the TUNG brush, brush with sonicare, rinse with orange juice/8 drops of aktiv oxygen, rinse with water, then use a scoop of aktiv k12 with WATER, rinse for a min, then spit out. i tried not using the aktiv oxygen, rinsing with OJ + aktiv k12, and eating dannon probiotic yogurt, and it made my breath have a mild fecal smell to it. i wouldn't suggest that method for everyone...

i have a bottle of chlorhexidine sitting next to me...but when would you use this? before the aktiv oxygen serum? after? do you think the results would be significantly different?
I have tried chlorhexidine for the past two days and it has given me negative results so far when using it before i use the k12. Nearly a month using k12 and the last two days using this mouthwash ive had the worst BB in that span. Maybe the mouthwash kills off the good bacteria thats being populated? i don't know. I do know that im not going to use it again.

Oh, and how come all these other people that are seeing success aren't being called "secret agents" and "spammers"?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic