Your Email Address:

First Name:

Streptococcus salivarius K12 WORKS!!! (for me)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
04paynem

Post by 04paynem »

on a side note, the white coating on my tongue has almost completely gone away. Even in the morning my tongue is surprisingly moist and only a thin layer of gunk has formed. When i lick my wrist right after i wake up theres barely any smell.

I think it was BLEH that mentioned he stopped using the yogurt, i have too. I've noticed the days when i use just water with the liquid serum junk and water with the k12, my breath has been nearly perfect. But if i use 100%OJ and light yogurt my BB will start to come back after about 5 hours of using the stuff. When the BB would come back it would be very mild though.

Still carrying around a water bottle with me at all times. IF i let my mouth go dry the BB will start to come back, having bad anxiety doesnt help this. So drinking lots of water, and keeping my tongue moving around in my mouth, on the roof of the mouth and on the sides of my teeth, slowly so it looks like im just chewing gum.

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I got my K12 lozenges from BLIS. What I do with these is I put yogurt in my mouth with a lozenge and chew it up. It mixes well that way.

I'm not sure why I'm the only one seeing success with CHX. All I know is that without it, my breath comes back very fast and strong. I don't have any negative side effects. I do notice staining in between my teeth now and then, but it's just the plaque that is stained. I grab a metal scraper and scrape the plaque off. It's kind of good because it shows me where the plaque/tartar is.

So right now I'm using CHX, AktivOxygen+OJ, & Kefir Yogurt with K12. Hard to say which is actually doing all the work. Is it the CHX? The AO with OJ? Maybe it's really the K12? Whichever it is, I do notice a significant change. Like others have said, maybe up to an 80% decrease in bad breath!
carlos_bigsby

Post by carlos_bigsby »

thanatos...thanks for your updating on the K12. does anyone know anythign about bad breath bugs adjusting to this stuff and eventually becoming worse. this was the consensus the last time this stuff was talked about on the forum.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Lastone69,

I wait 2 hours after the chlorhexadine before using the K12 cos it's says to do that on the packaging. Cos it's such a strong antibacterial it would just kill off the K12 bacteria if you used it straight after I imagine. Does everybody know that you're supposed to wait at least 30 minutes after brushing your teeth before rinsing with CH? It's cos ingredients in toothpaste diactivate the antibacterial action of CH.

I've heard that CH causes staining because it adheres to teeth and tissues, so if you've eaten or drunk anything dark (ie tea, coffee, dark foods), it will stick this stain to your teeth. I try to avoid dark foods when using this and I've not had a problem with staining so far.

Could anyone tell me what the Katz Oxygen drops do when you mix them in the juice? Does it just add oxygen into your mouth? Is this working for people?

I tried my K12 yesterday without juice or yoghurt, I didn't expect it to do anything, but I woke up this morning without a bad taste and my breath didn't seem to be as smelly as usual. I'm trying not to get too excited though if the effect's going to wear off in a few days. It's hard not to be a bit happy though!!! Going to try it with the juice and yoghurt today and see how that goes.

I've asked this before, but how long does the tub of K12 from Dr Katz last? My NZ tub is only for a few days use, and I need to deceide if I should buy some more. If it works this well I'll take it everyday for the rest of my life!!!

Btw, I read a research paper yesterday that looked at the survivabiltly of S. salivirus in a mouth. 3 days after stopping the treatment the numbers in the mouth began decreasing until they eventually returned to 0 shortly after, so they never got established on their own. I think this means that we can't only do it a few times a year and get the same effects. On the plus side, while the person was taking it, they found S. salivarius on the gums, tongue and back of the throat several hours after use. They never said if this person had bb though, so maybe our bad bacteria start killing them off before they get a chance to establish themselves!!

Either way, I'm prepared to take this for as long as it gives me even slightly better breath and gets rid of the bad taste!! :D
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

thanatos wrote: So right now I'm using CHX, AktivOxygen+OJ, & Kefir Yogurt with K12. Hard to say which is actually doing all the work. Is it the CHX? The AO with OJ? Maybe it's really the K12? Whichever it is, I do notice a significant change. Like others have said, maybe up to an 80% decrease in bad breath!
Good News.

Any chance you can eliminate one thing after the other, to find out which one is helping (maybe one week at a time)?

I have some BLIS-lozenges left from a couple of years back, ...just want to make sure I use 'em correctly...

Thanx \:D/
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

um as much as i hate to burst everyone's bubble i've been having some issues with the K12 working. not sure what the problem is but basically once my menstrual cycle began all hell broke loose. my ch came back. once my cycle ended things got better. right now my breath is fine but i have symptoms of bb like pnd and a fish smell to my breath in the morning and when i'm stressed.

just wanted to update. in the grand scheme of things i can't complain to much, given my breath is okay at this moment and will probably be for most of the day, but when you were basically free of halitosis, it sucks to go back to worrying about it again.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Thanatos,

Do you use CHX every morning, before the K12? I've looked at the directions on the Bliss website and they say to use it for the first three mornings then if you have chronic bb, to use it for 3 straight mornings every 2 weeks? I was wondering if you'd tried it this way, and what effect it had?

Also, I've been reading the old heathboard posts, you know a SERIOUS amount about all this, no wonder you sometimes sound a bit jaded about this stuff, when it was already tried four years ago!!! How come the Bliss seems to be working for you this time around? Are you doing something different from the last time? Have they changed the formula?

I read a paper a few days ago which said CHX takes 21 days of use to optimally decrease the number of bad bacteria in the mouth. Could your better breath be down to the CHX alone do you think?

I'd like to keep on using the CHX continuously but I'm worried how this will effect the K12 in the long term.
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

I'm on my 6th or 7th day, and I have that same fish smell now but its weird, I don't notice it til I lay down. But it comes in a whiff then goes. Last night I changed my sheets/pillow case thinking maybe that was it but the whif came back. I realized it wasn't the sheets. The thing is I'm not sure if overall the k12 is working for me and I don't see my Aunt til the weekend so I'll see. I hope that my situation is similar to Sweets in that it is.
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Sweets,

How long have you been using the K12 now? A month?
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Snobuni wrote: Btw, I read a research paper yesterday that looked at the survivabiltly of S. salivirus in a mouth. 3 days after stopping the treatment the numbers in the mouth began decreasing until they eventually returned to 0 shortly after, so they never got established on their own. I think this means that we can't only do it a few times a year and get the same effects. On the plus side, while the person was taking it, they found S. salivarius on the gums, tongue and back of the throat several hours after use. They never said if this person had bb though, so maybe our bad bacteria start killing them off before they get a chance to establish themselves!!
Hi,

Where did you read this??

Could you post the link or the article??

Thanks
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Here's the link to the research paper;

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/ab ... 07.00334.x

I could only access the abstract. I did get one thing wrong, S. salivarius wasn't found on the gums. :)
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

What's in the Dr Katz K12, is it just S. salivarius, trehalose, maltodextrin?

In the Blis Bio Restore it has, S. salivaris, L. acidophilus, HOWARU, B. lactis and L. rhamnosus, as well as trehalose and maltodextrin.

I'm just wondering whether to buy from Katz or order 4 small bottles from the NZ online pharmacy. If Katzs' only has S. salivarius in then that doesn't sound as good as the Blis stuff.
04paynem

Post by 04paynem »

(If you have the cash to do it) I'd just order both and test them out separately.
engrhaider

Post by engrhaider »

I can reassure you it didn't work on my BB at all. Mucking scam that's what it is, atleast to me. I have a story to tell, errrr... never mind I lost my money.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

thantos you are a ****ing spammer!!! LOL...just kidding. i'm glad that someone who's not a "noob" to this forum has agreed that k12 + aktiv oxygen might *actually* work. on that note, i know that my bb was rooted to my mouth and tonsils. maybe for those of you it didnt work for..maybe its rooted to your digestive system or nasal/sinus area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic