Your Email Address:

First Name:

Streptococcus salivarius K12 WORKS!!! (for me)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Snobuni wrote:Here's the link to the research paper;

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/ab ... 07.00334.x

I could only access the abstract. I did get one thing wrong, S. salivarius wasn't found on the gums. :)

I have access to the full article.

If anyone's interested, e-mail me.
=P~

sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

Bloorain wrote:Sweets,

How long have you been using the K12 now? A month?
2 months.

yall are a trip. i swear the second i start talking about this stuff working everyone has to give their two cents about how k12 is a bunch of garbage.... then i report that it stopped working and no one cares. seriously....

good luck with everything yall. if anything changes i'll post.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Sweets,

Good to have you back!!

Has the K12 stopped working completely or is it just cos you were on your period?

I started K12 3 days ago, it worked for 1 day, but doesn't seemed to have worked again!! I am due on, and I usually get worse bb the week before. Did you find it worked again after your period finished? :D
carlos_bigsby

Post by carlos_bigsby »

Its good to hear some posotive results. i want to caution some of you not to use this too often. In some cases, it made the BB worse. It did this for me a couple years ago when I tried it. I would consider it the turning point from when my breath turned from bad to horrible. I had similiar hopes and results early on...but they were extinguished when I realized my BREATH was made WORSE. Ihope this isnt the case for those who it is wokring for. But you may see it to be so when you are upping doses of K12.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

I been reading a lot about this K-12 stuff and most sounds positive. Most of you say you mix k-12 with orange juice or yogurt. For those of us who have
BB I read that citrus juices are to be avoided, especially tomato,orange, pineapple and grapefruit juice as well as milk and milk products. SO WHY MIX K-12 WITH OJ Maybe it does give you positive results (on some of you) but then some of you report that later on you begin to have negative results, could it be the citrus juice!! Why not try mixing it with banana juice? PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW, I REALLY AM INTERESTED!!
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

Snobuni wrote:Hi Sweets,

Good to have you back!!

Has the K12 stopped working completely or is it just cos you were on your period?

I started K12 3 days ago, it worked for 1 day, but doesn't seemed to have worked again!! I am due on, and I usually get worse bb the week before. Did you find it worked again after your period finished? :D
i think it was just related to my period or maybe something i ate. i have severe menstrual cramps and was HIGHLY medicated on pain relievers. i don't want to speculate too much on how that may have affected my breath except that we all know hormone changes can influence your breath.

ever since that major setback with my period, i've been just brushing my teeth and tongue as usual with the tung brush and crest lemon ice toothpaste. then i just add a half scoop of K12 directly to my tongue... i started doing that because no matter what i mixed the K12 in the last few days i was off my period, nothing helped my breath. so i got desperate and scared one morning and just added a half scoop to my tongue. that made the difference.

for example this morning i did that and i didn't drink oj or eat yogurt after and my breath is good according to my senses. i haven't had any reactions from people but i usually don't get them because i don't talk project my breath when i speak. i just finished eating two pieces of cheese pizza and drank a 7up. i'm am SO prayful now. i can't go back to having my breath smell like a used tampon. no way. that was traumatic.
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Ya, i def. think the orange juice is key as i ran out for two days and just used the AO with water and didnt have as great results, like 60% reduced bad breath instead of 80%. Im still not sure how many times is best? If we should reduce to once a day or if staying on 3 doses a day would be worse in the long run. I just dont want to be dependent on this stuff for the rest of my life. I was hoping that we'd do this for a month and then a maintenance month twice a year.

Sweets when you pour the k12 right on the tongue do u brush with the tung brush or just rinse with water after applying the K12 directly to your tongue?

Still on the Candida diet and all most done with the 5th week. Gonna stay with that for 3 more weeks to see if I have favorable results with it.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I've tried the K12 in water, with juice and yoghurt and just with the yoghurt and it hasn't worked like it did the first day (when I just mixed it with water).

I'm going to give it a bit longer then just try it directly on my tongue like sweets did.

I'm a bit worried about people saying it ended up making their breath worse! Was this a permanent change??!!! Why would this of happened?!!
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Snobuni wrote:I've tried the K12 in water, with juice and yoghurt and just with the yoghurt and it hasn't worked like it did the first day (when I just mixed it with water).

I'm going to give it a bit longer then just try it directly on my tongue like sweets did.

I'm a bit worried about people saying it ended up making their breath worse! Was this a permanent change??!!! Why would this of happened?!!
What kind of toothpaste are you using? I used colgate total the first 2 days and it made my breath drier. I then switched to Crest Pro Health and doesnt dry out my mouth like Colgate does.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

thanatos wrote:Don't mix the K12 with the oranje juice. You mix the OJ with the ActivOxygen mouthwash drops before usingthe k12 + yogurt (or water).

This morning I stopped using the chlorhexidine & didn't use yogurt. At work, I was sure the guy sitting next to me as we all chatted on the bench put his hand to the left side of his nose to block my breath which the wind was taking right to him.

I'm pretty sure, because he used his left hand & it was bloking the left side of his nose. He was talking,but looked a little bit uncomfortable.

I was pissed off so I got up and just stood by myself away from everyone.
Oh man, i know what you mean. I try to keep my mouth shut in school, unless i'm forced to speak. When i do, i can see the nose pinching begin #-o

I get pissed, but i remember the good things in life, like music and ice cream :D and girls and swimming :p
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

For people having problems with toothpastes, order some tubes of Dentiste, it´s natural and it´s great, i love it.

And supposedly it´s made to fight against morning breath, and it helps a little...

But above all, no fluor or weird stuff in it.
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

emotional rescue wrote:For people having problems with toothpastes, order some tubes of Dentiste, it´s natural and it´s great, i love it.

And supposedly it´s made to fight against morning breath, and it helps a little...

But above all, no fluor or weird stuff in it.
I totally agree with ER. I have been using Dentiste for months as it is always on sale here in Singapore and so far I am doing okay.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I'm using Dioxibrite toothpaste and mouthwash, I tried Biotene for a bit but felt like my bb got worse. Is the Dentiste any better than the Biotene?

I don't use juice because I didn't buy from Katz so I don't mix in the Oxygen drops. (Is it worth giving this a try? I think sweets tried it with the drops and it didn't work). I've stopped using the yoghurt cos it just coated my tongue and made my breath smell like cheese after a while!!

I was going to stop using the CHX today as recommended on the Blis website (it's started staining my teeth after all!!!) I thought a dissolvable sugar-free vitamin c tablet might do the job of killing bacteria before having the K12 in water. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'm not too impressed with the K12 so far though... :-k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic