Your Email Address:

First Name:

tonsilectomi

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
engrhaider

tonsilectomi

Post by engrhaider »

Few guys mentioned tonsilectomi , they said they are fine after procedure, how are they feeling now? Did they manage to control BB? I am seriously thinking about going through tonsilectomi procedure any help please.

john
Junior

Post by john »

I got my tonsils out in 1996 but still bad breath..
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

john wrote:I got my tonsils out in 1996 but still bad breath..
Same ere, (but not in 1996...lol) i still have the same stinking problem. But it got rid of my tonsils stones tho...eww..nasty little things.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Identical story here. Guess the bacteria have other places to hide.

John, have you been back to the doc regarding your dimethyl sulphide..?

O:)
john
Junior

Post by john »

no not yet, in june.
nelly

Post by nelly »

john wrote:no not yet, in june.
Im going too see an ENT tomorrow, after all these years. Ill have to convince him too let my tonsils go. At least part of my problem is hidden there.( Anyhow, it will take months for operation).But I wonder, when operated, what will be good to take of remedies, for the goodsake of the bacteria balance and stuff. Any views on that?
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

Had mine taken out in January this year. Prior to that, doctors could not find anything wrong with my tonsils (tonsil stone negative). Until I insisted that there were minute white dots that come out everytime I suck my mucous out. And so I was right. They were filled with those tiny suckers.

Tonsillectomy helped my mouth bb a great deal- about 90% now (100% I think but 10% is for the benefit of doubt)- but not my nasal bb- about 30-40%. My advise for those planning for this op is to take probiotic, eg Acidophillus, immediately one hour after their last dose of antibiotics. Also use ordinary toothpaste only. This I think is a true measure whether it works for you or not. I remember taking a holiday one month post-op with smartmouth toothpaste in my vanity. That holiday was full of disappointment. Thinking about it now. The only difference b/w that time and now is the zinc in my toothpaste!!

Lastly, some are cured and some are not by this procedure. Most of the people cured are those whose major bb do not originate from the nose as well.
nelly

Post by nelly »

Thanks for advice spygirl. I went to the ENT, didnt have to convince him to get me operated, he agreed after a few minutes. Johoo. I mentioned that I would prefer it done by laser, but he was totally against that. Ill probably take probiotic after im operated. And maybe large dozes of c vitamin is a good idea? I read that many people eat plenty of ice after operated, maybe thats not good for the flora. It was atleast 4 moths queue for surgery, so I have plenty of time to prepare what sort of remedies to use.
Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

Had mine removed for bb, 15 years ago. It didnt make any difference, sadly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic