Your Email Address:

First Name:

VSL#3

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FBseeker

VSL#3

Post by FBseeker »

Since I know that I have experienced relief with primal defense and each dose had some 40 billion live bacteria, I have ordered VSL#3 which claims to have 450 billion live bacteria per dose. I should have it in a couple of weeks as a friend is bringing them to me from the USA. I am very eager to try this out.

In the meantime I am drinking a yogurt drink called Biola which contains LGG, a particularly active and tough form of lacto bacillus to help re-colonize my intestines with good bacteria. I am also having a capsule of Jarrow's probiotic supplement a day.

I don't know about anyone else but when I take more than one capsule of regular probiotics I get very constipated. Never had that problem with primal defense. I am hoping that once I start taking VSL#3 I will literally crowd out the bad bacteria and should see some results. As always I will keep everyone posted.

My background: Female. Halitosis since puberty. Now in my early 30's. Taken lots of antibiotics throughout my life which is a major contributor to my halitosis I believe. Could also be hormonal in nature as BB started at the same time as puberty. No issues with allergies, PND, tonsils or sore throat.

Current regimen: Brush with regular toothpaste, floss, extensive tongue brushing (I have no gag reflex anymore - could probably become a sword swallower at a circus :P ) rinse front part of mouth with SB12 twice a day.

Health conditions that might cause halitosis: I was diagnosed with nodular erosions in my stomach caused by painkillers. These are ulcer like erosions that gave me acid reflux and stomach pain after fatty meals. This is under control now. I think treating this condition helped alleviate the worst breath I ever had. I had this condition diagnosed through a endoscopy, where they stick a camera down your throat to look at your stomach.

Diet: Vegetarian most days and chicken twice a week at most.

Internally: Probiotics as mentioned above for the past one week.

Self diagnosis: I believe that my halitosis is a combination of: lack of good bacteria, possible hormonal interference with the colonization of good bacteria, untreated ulcer like condition, poor diet and possible candida. I did an online diagnostic test that said that based on my symptoms I have bacterial dysbiosis which is the overcrowding of bad bacteria in the intestines. The online diagnostic tool also mentioned other scary stuff so I will take this diagnosis with a pinch of salt. At any rate all arrows seem to point to the presence of more bacteria than good so that's my strategy at this point - crowding out the bad with the good. I will keep you posted.

emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

good luck!
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

hi FB,

can you pass on link for online diagnostic tool?

thanks,

L
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

stridinglady wrote:hi FB,

can you pass on link for online diagnostic tool?

thanks,

L
Hi stridinglady. how are you btw? Are you healing ok?
FBseeker

Post by FBseeker »

stridinglady,

Here is the link. http://www.diagnose-me.com/ It's $25 and be warned that you might read stuff that might disturb you. However it's a comprehensive diagnostic tool and you can discuss the results with your doctor.
FBseeker

Post by FBseeker »

OK. After trying VSL#3 at one packet a day I can officially report that it does nothing for halitosis. Primal defense worked moderately well for me but not this formulation. Makes me think that it might be because VSL #3 does not contain L-Salivarius.

The reason I don't take primal defense anymore is that I am worried about the "spores" in the formulation having long term negative effects on my health. I have seen a high potency probiotic here in Norway that contains L-Salivarius. That will be my next experiment.

In the meantime it would be great if someone living in the US tried High doses of L-Salivarius from www.customprobiotics.com

I think the key is ingesting these bacteria so that they can colonize, not just rinsing the mouth with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic