Your Email Address:

First Name:

Wish me luck...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
daveparker
Advanced

Wish me luck...

Post by daveparker »

Going to the dentist in like 12 hours, wish me luck, maybe he'll actually find something wrong with my gums and/or teeth and i can get rid of this problem, if not i'm going to spend a grand to get my wisdom teeth removed, its worth a shot. Plz Plz God let me be cured... [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Good luck...
One Day One Day....
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

well, once again they told me that my oral hygiene was probably one of the best the entire week, i was adamant about the bad taste in my mouth near my molars, the dentist took a look, and decided its time for me to get my wisdoms to be extracted, i got a referral and already set an appointment with an oral surgeon and will get them extracted on the 30th (how ironic, that was the day i planned on killing myself). I dont want to get my hopes up but i'm nearly certain this will cure me....can't wait...this will probably run me quite a bit of $$$ (I imagine somewhere near $1500) but if it works, i won't mind it at all.
Last edited by daveparker on Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

Dude, GOOD JOB!

Asssssertiveness. good luck to ya man
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I hope this works for you, I'm going to see my dentist again, and I'm going to ask about my wisdom teeth, but like you, she always says that my gums and teeth are amongst the healthiest she's seen. Are your wisdom teeth errupted through your gums? Mine aren't, does this mean they couldn't be effecting my breath? Did your x-rays pick up any decay around your wisdom teeth?

Anyway, good luck!! :D
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

Snobuni wrote:I hope this works for you, I'm going to see my dentist again, and I'm going to ask about my wisdom teeth, but like you, she always says that my gums and teeth are amongst the healthiest she's seen. Are your wisdom teeth errupted through your gums? Mine aren't, does this mean they couldn't be effecting my breath? Did your x-rays pick up any decay around your wisdom teeth?

Anyway, good luck!! :D
One of mine is erupted, but after listening to what i was going thru and the condition my teeth and gums were in, he said, its ur wisdom teeth, time for them to come out. I had no decay, nothing, as healthy as could be. There is always a bad taste in my mouth which originates from near my wisdom teeth and molars, after taking a look at my molars, the dentist couldn't find anything that would be causing it, than he took a look at the one erupted wisdom and he said gotta take them out.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I mean is he actually gonna extract the ones that are not looking out? They can not cause the problem, I am sure, because how can food come there if it is under the gum.

But wisdom teeth are not needed anyway. Hopefully you will be cured.
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

Jimi wrote:I mean is he actually gonna extract the ones that are not looking out? They can not cause the problem, I am sure, because how can food come there if it is under the gum.

But wisdom teeth are not needed anyway. Hopefully you will be cured.
I have no room for them to come in, so no matter what the case, they were going to have to be pulled, and the area around the one wisdom that actually has erupted taste real bad, nothing i do has helped it, and the dentist really tried to help me today, im going to trust him, so hopefully its the cause [-o< , its worth a shot.
Your wisdom teeth (third molars) usually start to erupt (enter your mouth) during the late teen years. Sometimes, there's not enough room for them. They may come in partially or not at all. Partial eruption of a wisdom tooth can create a flap of gum tissue next to the tooth. The flap can trap food particles and debris. It can turn into a hotbed for bacteria. It's called pericoronitis if the tissue around the tooth becomes inflamed. Pericoronitis also can occur around a wisdom tooth that is still completely under the gums.
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

I went to a dental surgeon here last Thursday because of tooth implants. I do not have much teeth because of pregnancy and my teeth condition has been worsened by repeatedly altering my fixed bridge over the course of 7 years. Anyway, instead of 6 implants, I actually need 7. I have experienced pain in my wisdom tooth area a few years back and I opted for filling at that time. The dental surgeon told me that the pain is caused by the tooth next to the wisdom (-which is also decayed) and not by the latter. And since these two teeth are starting to lay sideward at different rate, there was a gap in between that is very hard to detect. The decay on the damaged tooth faces the wisdom one and the gap is so slim for the toothbrush to reach. So overtime, no matter how many fillings is done, the tooth decays. He pointed to me in the x-ray that this could have contributed to my bb since the decay has spread below the gumline to the point that it killed the tooth itself.

He removed the filling and my mouth smelled and tasted like craaaappp. That mysterious taste that is often there. Up to now, people are "back" to reacting weird to my nasal and mouth bb eversince the filling is removed. In God's mercy, this dentist charges me materials/ct scan/ x-ray only as he is a fellow Christian and is a friend of my sister-in-law. His clinic is at Paragon Medical and there is no way that I can afford his services if God has not allowed this to happen.

We are starting the procedure next Thursday but I am planning on the much-needed 5 implants only, including the problem tooth. If everything goes well, I will create a new thread here with the x-ray. Pray for me guys.
Humble
Total Newbie

Best Wishes

Post by Humble »

I hope that you are able to resolve the issue. I consulted with an Oral Surgeon and will have my Wisdom Teeth pulled in July 2008. I am going to go to a public hospital for the extractions and my private dentist for the Periodontal treatment. I pray to G-d that this will be the solution. I get sick just thinking about all of this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic