Your Email Address:

First Name:

I just told my hubby about this forum

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
halihope
Master

I just told my hubby about this forum

Post by halihope »

I recently told my hubby about this forum and he asked me if I thought I have bb and said yes and proceeded to point several instances where I see peoples reactions. I reminded him about the time we went to see some house models and when the sales lady came out of her office I asked her a question she stop and began to talk fast and told us to try another track of homes. My hubby said that it was because he farted LOL. He did said that a man at the local grocery store had a very strong body odor and that he had never encounter someone like that. Anyways he seemed almost annoyed to hear me talk about me having bb. My oldest son just told me that he doesn't smell any bb on me and that I am getting obsessed!! Last week my sister came to visit and by the end of the day while sitting across from me she put her finger under her nose when I was talking, normally I would get up and walk to the kitchen but not this time I just stayed there and kept on talking. I decided that if anyone wants to come to my house knowing about my bb then they are going to have to put up with it or not come at all!! Just wanted to get this out of my chest.

lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Yea, I dont get many reactions from my mom and sister too. Maybe this is because they're around us more and their smell becomes acclimated to our BB a little like how we can't smell ours unless we try really hard.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I'm not allowed to suggest it on here, as Jimi believes everybody has chronic bad breath: but... yeah, I don't think you have a chronic problem if nobody has ever commented on it. Simple as that. Get on with your life. Hth.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i remember the night my best friend transferred her bb to me through some chapstick (very shitty day), she told me my breath didn't smell like anything. she even put her nose all the way in my mouth and smelled my breath. to me my breath smelled like fish... and even the next morning when i woke up. what is even stranger is the fact that she doesn't have chronic halitosis. it's occasional. crazy.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

If you have bb you KNOW, I see all the signs and reactions. So far I been lucky not too many hurtful comments, two that really got me down. None from immediate family or good friends.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

Last year I took a cab to airport and back. The cab driver initially asked me polite questions the moment I came in. I did not answer much- about 6-7 words the whole time I was in the cab. He rolled down his window but did not switch the aircon off. He'd rather have the scorching heat from outside blowing into his face than smell my nasal breathing. I was pissed because the time he started noticing that I have bb, he also started asking rude questions as if I am stupid!
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

[
When my dad returned from a quick stop at the store, he opened the door and said "Oh, this stinks. What were you doing, blowing out of your mouth?"
:lol: I´m sorry thanatos but that was funny i can´t help but laugh.
The coment he made had to be very painful, but when you read it, it´s just funny.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Thanatos, that was funny as hell. Also, how f'ed up and insensitive is your dad to treat you like that? He must have no sympathy in him. If any of us ever do get that Halitosis Island started he is not allowed, lol. But seriously man, hang in there...
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Wow, I though I had the worse parents, but your father is a real dick
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Oh and his stupid girlfriend once said "ew, why don't you go brush your teeth?" when I was helping her move into our house. That ****ing biatch!
Damn, you get points for not slapping her. I think a good strong shaking would be in order haha.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I bet those comments don't even hurt anymore, because you've never been alive enough to feel the pain. If they still do then you might still believe...
integral
Junior

Re: I just told my hubby about this forum

Post by integral »

halihope wrote:I would get up and walk to the kitchen but not this time I just stayed there and kept on talking. I decided that if anyone wants to come to my house knowing about my bb then they are going to have to put up with it or not come at all!! Just wanted to get this out of my chest.
That gesture of putting horizontally the index finger under the nose is really irritating to me. Every time anyone would do so would make me sick. I don't think I paid attention to this gesture in the past, but I do recall some people having done that when talking to me.

Yet, this gesture is ambiguous. You can find it in a body language dictionary, and see that this gesture means nothing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic