Your Email Address:

First Name:

We have low immunoglobulin A !!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Eric
Advanced

We have low immunoglobulin A !!!

Post by Eric »

Found this when I did a search on Google for "Immunoglobulin A halitosis"

Here's the link: http://lib.bioinfo.pl/pmid:15002886

(I didn't pay to see the full study)

Relationship between tongue coating and secretory-immunoglobulin A level in saliva obtained from patients complaining of oral malodor.

AIM: The aim of this study was to confirm the relationships between oral malodor and periodontal condition, oral malodor and tongue coating, and to investigate the secretory-immunoglobulin A (S-IgA) level in saliva in relation to the accumulation of tongue coating. METHODS: Fifty-four patients complaining of oral malodor were included in the study. Their periodontal conditions, tongue coating status and salivary characteristics (flow rate, protein and S-IgA concentrations) were assessed in addition to the level of volatile sulfur compounds (VSC) in oral cavity. The patients were divided into three groups according to their tongue coating level. RESULTS: There are significant relationships between oral malodor and specific periodontal parameters used. The degree of tongue coating was also significantly correlated with the amount of H2S, CH3SH and the total amount of VSC determined. The concentration of S-IgA in the group identified as slight tongue coating was significantly higher than in the moderate or the severe group. By Western immunoblotting analysis, a high level of S-IgA specific to Streptococcus species was recognized in all groups, whereas the reactivity of Porphyromonas gingivalis and Fusobacterium nucleatum with S-IgA was very weak in both the slight and the moderate groups. CONCLUSION: Data herein indicate that tongue coating is closely related to oral malodor. Furthermore, S-IgA in saliva may influence the accumulation of tongue coating, and S-IgA antibodies directed to Streptococcus species may play a role in protective immunity against the initial colonization of tongue plaque.

So is this old news or what? I've just recently heard people bring up Immunoglobulin A on here, thats why I posted this. I'm no scientist by a long shot, but I think what this is saying is that people with halitosis may have insufficient amounts of Immunoglobulin A and their oral cavity can not fight off bacteria that 'normal' people can, hence VSC's and fecal breath.

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

Gimme some Immunoglobulin A and I'll inject myself with some right now.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Hey thanatos congratulations on becoming a 'God' hehe.

And why haven't more BB sufferers heard of this? It makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. Might explain why a lot of us report symptoms of being fatigued more after having this problem. Like the rest of our immune system has to work harder.

I ordered some bovine-derived immunoglobulin supplement that contains a bunch of diff ones including A. It was like 13 bucks altogether from Amazon. I'm not gonna plug a company name cuz I don't want to be misinterpreted as a spammer. Prob won't do a damn thing but worth a try.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I see what this is about now and why nobody else had the cojones to post in this even though it has a lot of views.

People don't want to believe it could be this in-depth, complicated, and possibly untreatable/uncurable. Part of me understands and accepts this well another part of me is sickened by it. I think its healthier for true chronic halitosis sufferers to accept things like this.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I'm very interested in this, and it would make total sense. I've never heard of this connection before, & I am also 'God' :oops: ... Feel free to namedrop the brandname you're going to try, and please report back 8)
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Eric wrote: People don't want to believe it could be this in-depth, complicated, and possibly untreatable/uncurable.
Given that some people get relief from simple things like baking soda and Vitmain C, i don't think halitosis is caused by a serious metabolic disorder. But who knows.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

if u email me i can send u the article.

good work on finding this. it is clear we have a genetic defect because ch is so uncommon. i've been convinced it is the immune system because it is supposed to keep the amount and types of bacteria in the body tightly regulated.

it makes me wish i could get a bone marrow transplant. then we could get a fresh immune system and be like everyone else! pie in the sky.... i know.
fedenon

Post by fedenon »

My IGA is low. This is hereditary.
The study makes it a biochemist. You must fill a jar with saliva.

Bye.
i dont speak english...
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I`m also very interested with this so I called a hospital if the test is available in my country.It is & it cost about 50$ so it`s not expensive. I`m going to take a test once I finish my project.I hope you guys would take a test too so we could find out if this is our missing link.Thanks
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Yeah I'll do the test too. This is a possible reason. As I mentioned on another thread, it's common too: 1 in 400 or so.

Most people with missing IgA have recurring throat infections etc though, but I'm sure it's possible that halitosis is the only symptom. Many people with missing IgA have no symptoms at all...

Would be good if everybody on here made it their priority #1 to test for this. Do it!

:arrow:
crazybb

Post by crazybb »

Eric,
Any update on the immunoglobulin you ordered? Did you use it? did it work for you? What was the effect on your breath?
Please do reply, I am curious.
asd
Master

Post by asd »

yea, this could be something, but i dont want it to be the issue cos then we are screwed.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

It's possible that we're screwed yes.

For IgG deficiency, it's possible to get injections monthly.

For IgA deficiency, there is no such treatment currently, coz it's harder to cultivate IgA or something like that (I asked my lecturer).

But maybe in the future... or maybe by strengthening the rest of the immune system. Also, there seems to be IgA available, like the one Eric mentioned. Not sure it'd do anything though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IgA_deficiency

Edit:

Maybe I should explain what IgA actually *IS* ... they are the antibodies responsible for protecting the mucousa membranes in the body (orally, nasally, digestive tract, u-g-tract etc). Without them, bacteria and other microbes will have an easier time escaping the immune system.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Interesting find! Good Job! Back in the day, I used to search for things/deficiencies,etc. like this, but I gave up and got lazy and discouraged.
I do believe we have "something" that fresh breath people don't or vice versa.
Please keep us updated!!!! I read some of the info on IgA. A match I've for me is the childhood asthma/resp. problems. Of course my digestive system is a mess.
Interested to see what comes of this. I am going to try and get tested!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic