Your Email Address:

First Name:

MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT -PLEASE READ

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Hope Today
Total Newbie

MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT -PLEASE READ

Post by Hope Today »

I have suffered with bad breath since my early teens, you know when you have got it. I am in my mid thirties from UK, married with 4 kids to a beautiful wife. To be honest I am a very good looking fit guy.(I'm not arrogant just want to let you know the truth). But I have the problem.

I have tried everything:

Tonsils Out - didn't work
Sinuses Drilled -didn't work
Breeze Care - Complete Rip off
Most Mouth Washes - Don't work
Doctors are hopeless

Since it started I have grown more and more conscious about it, I am never without gum, turn away when talking - if you have it you know the score.

I sometimes wake up with a brown coating on the tongue that tastes foul. Over the years I have had all the comments, "Hey xxxxx are you the chairman of the local halitosis society he he he", "Oi whiffy" People giving you gum, mints, rubbing their nose etc.

Again if you have it you know the score.

Over the years I would have done anything to rid this problem, it is awful. I have tried it all.

I would like to mention Breezecare - IT DID IMPROVE IT SLIGHTLY, but hey for the cash I spent with them it should have cured it!

I don't think there is a cure. It is a situation that you have to manage.

For me it's the sinuses and the TONGUE. I have a massive tongue! My mates sometimes call me shovel tongue!

I HAVE IMPROVED MY SITUATION THIS LAST TWO WEEKS IMMENSLEY

I had been rinsing with a diluted tea tree oil rinse. (This is very good, 1 tea tree to three parts water). Trouble with this is it is very strong and tastes awful and probably gives you arse breath anyway! But your mouth does feel cleaner.

Anyway I recently went to see my dentist and discussed it with him and he told me that salt and bicarbonate soda mixed with warm water will kill anything in your mouth.

So I tried it with vast improvement that costs very little.

Let me go through what I have found so far and what I do:

Morning and Evening

Rinse nostrills with Rino flow machine with Saline (google rinoflow)
(I have always had nasal problems got this tip from Spieser after complaining his rip off products just don't work).

Mix two tea spoons of bi-carbonate soda with one salt, add some warm water and rinse and gargle for a minute. (You can use hydrogen peroxide 3% instead of water)

Clean teeth with a home made toothpaste mixture of salt and bicarb and hydrogen perioxide (3%) with a few drops of peppermint essential oil to flavour.

Floss teeth

Scrape tongue 12 times

Rinse again with mouth wash mix.

The taste in my mouth has improved 90%.

During the day drink water if you can, I call it the water of life because it is so good for your health. You can take a mixture to work and do it the toilet/kitchen to freshen.

I still chew Cherry Airwaves Gum, I love the taste.

THIS ISN'T A CURE - I DOUBT THERE IS ONE BUT MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT

I found this site from Wikepedia months ago and keep reading it, the link has gone now. Some of the posts are distressing, s*****e, depression, and I want to help and share my experience.

I hope you see this is a genuine post from a fellow sufferer, and if it helps just one person then great.

To be honest it does get me down sometimes, especially after a comment from someone, you do get paranoid about it.

Hopefully my new regime will help me and you.

Please try it and comment.

xx

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

BB doesn't come back after a few hours?

Thanks for the tips! Have you tried swallowing a teaspoon of baking soda a day? Some people on this board say it helps.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I'm on a similar regime, combined with minimum protein. I guess if we totally eliminate high-protein foods, combined with using hydrogen peroxide (as mentioned above) once in a while, it should blast those motherfucking bacteria slowly but surely [-o< O:)
Hope Today
Total Newbie

Post by Hope Today »

Guys,

My BB would usually come back after 30 minutes of cleaning and ordinary mouthwash. Since I have started the procedure I can go hours without thinking about the shitty taste in my mouth. Non BB sufferers still get shitty breath when they are dehydrated and hungry - don't forget this. I would usually never start a meeting at work without a piece of gum in my mouth, however I think it looks rude, but I haven't cared in the past.

I had a meeting around a boardroom table with 4 people on Friday and didn't chew, nobody rubbed their nose or sat back as they would have previously without gum. When you have the problem you know when you have just filled someone's nostrils with your death breath!!

I have become a master in the past of masking the death breath, gum all the time. When I kiss my wife for my own security I have always cleaned my teeth or chewed gum.

My wife loves me and my breath, she understands and like she says she doesn't give a shit what her breath smells like but then again she doesn't have the problem despite smoking. Sometimes her breath gets like horse shit too but its only temporary!!

My children are the best to ask because its a standing joke about what the latest potion /I'm mixing. I gave my 7 year old a full blast in the face yesterday in private and asked what it smelt like. Rather than him saying "like poo Dad", he said "minty", and I felt great.

Have a finally found a cheap management solution to the one thing that has dogged me all my adult life?

Fingers crossed.

Please try it - it ain't a cure, it's a management solution that will be with some of us forever.

PLEASE DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY ALL THESE MIRACLE CURES - THEY ARE EXPLOITING YOUR PROBLEM - THEY DON'T WORK. MY TONSIL OPERATION DIDN'T WORK EITHER.

There is hope, for those feeling down, please try this.
Hope Today
Total Newbie

Post by Hope Today »

TRY WHAT I HAVE SAID, BOTH MY KIDS TOLD ME 3 HOURS AFTER I DID IT THAT MY NORMAL DEATH BREATH SMELT "MINTY" IT STILL FEELS CLEAN NOW!!
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

How important do you think the homemade toothpaste is to your regime? Seems like hard work to make fresh toothpaste every day (as I think the hydrogen peroxide needs to be applied fresh).

Please be more specific about how much of each ingredient you're using when making the paste (and what type of container etc), as I'm not so good in the kitchen area 8-[

Edit: also, how much water do you add to the oral rinse..? One teaspoon salt sounds like a lot in a small glass of water... is that what you're using..?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Hope Today wrote:TRY WHAT I HAVE SAID, BOTH MY KIDS TOLD ME 3 HOURS AFTER I DID IT THAT MY NORMAL DEATH BREATH SMELT "MINTY" IT STILL FEELS CLEAN NOW!!
What did you eat during the last 10 hours..? Would be interesting to know if your regime works even if you've eaten protein-heavy food...

O:)
Hope Today
Total Newbie

Post by Hope Today »

Chicken curry with rice last night.
Cheese on toast this morning
Sunday Roast with Chicken today

I'll be more specific in the morning about quants.
1 tea spoon salt
2 tea spoon bicarb
Then enough water/hydrogen peroxide to gargle the mix twice
Not a tea spoon of water

I've made the toopaste and it will last three days or so I think, I actually mixed in a plastic vessel from Breezecare!

Good for something!

Yes you are right I am using the one tea spoon of salt in a small glass - it seems to work

Also it is a lot less hassle than the complicated time consuming breezecare regime

I think the toothpaste is important, however you try.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

this concoction has been floating around the web for years. i believe i originally purchased it as "the bad breath report" for A$40. I posted the whole thing on this site a year or so ago.

It was like taking antibiotics. Completely fresh breath for a few days but then it stopped working. Its nothing new.

i would however like too see how this would work with the low protein diet. Maybe it could be used instead of chlorine dioxide.....

how is the low protein thing working for everyone btw? I really hope people have taken it seriously and seen results...
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

what is your layman's term for bicarbonate soda?

thanks.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I've also noticed it's just an extension of the very old 'bad breath report' which I also bought back in the day.

Of the things mentioned here, I still think Hydrogen Peroxide is the only thing that works to a degree. Salt and bicarbonate only gives a very very temporary effect, if any.

As for low protein diet, I do it for a few days here and there, and it's certainly the most effective way to minimize bb. During those days, I make sure to pop some protein pills too.

:-({|=
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

j0n1982 wrote:what is your layman's term for bicarbonate soda?

thanks.
The layman's term for Bicarbonate of Soda is Bicarbonate of Soda 8) You can find it in your nearest supermarket.
nc
Total Newbie

Post by nc »

Larc400 wrote:
j0n1982 wrote:what is your layman's term for bicarbonate soda?

thanks.
The layman's term for Bicarbonate of Soda is Bicarbonate of Soda 8) You can find it in your nearest supermarket.

:roll: BAKING SODA.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictiona ... icarbonate
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

Thanks you very much.

oh is that rock salt or iodized salt? Or just any salt for that matter?

how should the mixture look like? it should be a little pasty, correct? just want to be sure i do it right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic