Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anyone tried SmartMouth Mouthwash?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ithurts
Advanced

Has anyone tried SmartMouth Mouthwash?

Post by ithurts »

Reading through the reviews, it seems very promising.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... RVP-134587

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Oh dear.
ithurts
Advanced

Post by ithurts »

Larc400, why ohh dear?
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi!

to resume, here the reviews are like:

-one possitive

-And like 50 negatives
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

there is a special button called search in the forum top links so use that
Hal_1t0515

Post by Hal_1t0515 »

There are a lot of authentic sounding positive reviews for it from people with chronic bb on the smartmouth web site. I bought some from Walgreens today.

It contains sodium chlorite, but they don't mention chlorine dioxide, just the zinc ions. I've been using DioxiRinse, which generates lots of chlorine dioxide, but it doesn't last more than a few hours if that. Maybe the zinc technology might give longer lasting results.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I use smartmouth once in a while. If you do a thorough nasal irrigation and meticulously brush your teeth, floss then swish the smartmouth you might be good for 2 or 3 hours. Stops working once you eat something or drink something that washes it away. Even for that two or three hours it doesnt completely eliminate BB I don't believe. Oh yeah, sometimes you might get this very strange rotten egg taste in your mouth once it starts to wear off. Think it has something to do with the chlorohexidrine not allowing the BB bacteria to produce VSCs and then all of a sudden they do again. Some people report it makes their teeth sensitive as well.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I find that baking soda works a bit better than smart mouth, therabreath, etc.
Hal_1t0515

Post by Hal_1t0515 »

Eric wrote:I use smartmouth once in a while. If you do a thorough nasal irrigation and meticulously brush your teeth, floss then swish the smartmouth you might be good for 2 or 3 hours. Stops working once you eat something or drink something that washes it away. Even for that two or three hours it doesnt completely eliminate BB I don't believe. Oh yeah, sometimes you might get this very strange rotten egg taste in your mouth once it starts to wear off. Think it has something to do with the chlorohexidrine not allowing the BB bacteria to produce VSCs and then all of a sudden they do again. Some people report it makes their teeth sensitive as well.
Smartmouth doesn't contain chlorohexidrine. The active ingredients are sodium chlorite and zinc chloride. They are relying on the sodium chlorite to neutralize existing odors and the zinc chloride to inhibit the anaerobic bacteria.

Here is the full list of ingredients:

Solution 1: Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, and Sodium Chlorite.

Solution 2: Purified Water, Glycerin, Poloxamer 407, Propylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Flavor, Poloxamer 124, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Saccharin, Zinc Chloride, D&C Yellow No. 10, and FD&C Blue No. 1.

Here's a promotional FAQ on the product:

http://www.hotwares.com/smartmouthfaq.html
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Hmmm promotional faq... interesting. Jimi you gonna let that link stay active?

personal opinion on Smartmouth: Over-priced and unable to cure bad breath. May work for some people who have occasional bad breath. Not a sensible solution for chronic halitosis sufferers.
Hal_1t0515

Post by Hal_1t0515 »

I'm not promoting Smart Mouth, just presenting information. I posted that FAQ because it has more information than the one on the smartmouth web site. I just started using SM yesterday so I don't know whether it will work for me or not. They say it takes two weeks to be fully effective. Time will tell. I'm going to continue using DioxiRinse in the morning to destroy any odors/bacteria before using SM.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Try doing a search in the forum before posting 'news' that are a couple of years old 8) You'll find the 'Search' link a bit further up on the page 8)
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Hal_1t0515 wrote:
Eric wrote:I use smartmouth once in a while. If you do a thorough nasal irrigation and meticulously brush your teeth, floss then swish the smartmouth you might be good for 2 or 3 hours. Stops working once you eat something or drink something that washes it away. Even for that two or three hours it doesnt completely eliminate BB I don't believe. Oh yeah, sometimes you might get this very strange rotten egg taste in your mouth once it starts to wear off. Think it has something to do with the chlorohexidrine not allowing the BB bacteria to produce VSCs and then all of a sudden they do again. Some people report it makes their teeth sensitive as well.
Smartmouth doesn't contain chlorohexidrine. The active ingredients are sodium chlorite and zinc chloride. They are relying on the sodium chlorite to neutralize existing odors and the zinc chloride to inhibit the anaerobic bacteria.

Here is the full list of ingredients:

Solution 1: Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, and Sodium Chlorite.

Solution 2: Purified Water, Glycerin, Poloxamer 407, Propylene Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Flavor, Poloxamer 124, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Saccharin, Zinc Chloride, D&C Yellow No. 10, and FD&C Blue No. 1.

Here's a promotional FAQ on the product:

http://www.hotwares.com/smartmouthfaq(dot)html
Sodium chlorite is the same crap as chlorhexidine, they both release chlorine dioxide
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic