Your Email Address:

First Name:

UK Meetup September 13th (12pm) and 14th, Tower Hill, London

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Scientist42
Advanced

UK Meetup September 13th (12pm) and 14th, Tower Hill, London

Post by Scientist42 »

Hi Guys,
The next UK Meetup has been arranged to coincide with the Thames Festival 2008, which is on that whole weekend. I am expecting around 10 members in all.

http://www.thamesfestival.org/

We will meet outside The Tower Hotel, Tower Bridge, London at 12pm
Sat 13th September and 12pm Sun 14th September too. Hope you can
make it. Call me some evening on my landline for a chat if you like

Tel:- +44 (0) 1375 484 269

P.S. - If some of you guys come to our Meetups, you will have a lot of fun and we will also bring more fun to this site. I may even do my karaoke rendition of Berlin's 'Take my Breath Away!'! :))
Arun

Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

Anyone planning to go?

Will you book into a hotel/b&b?
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Hi Charley,
So far there are 10 members from the various Breath Odour Groups who have confirmed they are definitely coming! There are even 2 members coming from America just for the weekend!! =D>

Anyone coming from far can either stay at my place or I would reccomend a cheap hotel (£32/night) near me:-

http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/f ... otel.shtml

Formule 1 London Thurrock M25Hotel (code: 3071)
Weston Avenue, West Thurrock, Grays
RM20 3JQ London Thurrock M25
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel : (+44) 0 1708 891 302
Fax : (+44) 0 1708 863 524

The UK Meetups give us a chance to discuss these issues and their impact upon our personal lives. We share treatment regimens with each other there.

Our meetups are often great fun yet with many frank and serious discussions. We tend to hold them to coincide with festivals so that members can participate in the carnival too:-

http://www.thamesfestival.org/

Do call me some evening at home for a chat or further info on the Meetup if you like. Tel 01375 484 269.
Arun N.B - No photos are allowed at the Meetup guys!!
Charley
Junior

Post by Charley »

The hotel you suggest is an hour away from the festival, I assumed you'd be staying in London rather than out in Essex.

I'm an hour from London myself, if I'm able to attend its probably easier to come back home than stay.

Thanks for the info Arun.
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Hi Charley,
Yes if you are only an hour away from London then you can make it a day trip. I didn't want to recomend any hotels in London as they are usually quite expensive. For instance The Tower Hotel (next to Tower Bridge) where we are meeting costs over £100 per night.
Arun
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

Hello people

Whos coming?

I will be there, i went to the last one too, in Manchaster, it was very good, lovely people.

So who is going to be there this time?

Hope to see you lots of you!
Bad breath is not something to hide behind!
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Seems like there are a lot of BB sufferers in the London area. Makes me want to move there and start a commune where we could all live in harmony lol.
Its pretty easy to gain citizenship in the UK for an educated American, right?
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

As some of you know, we just had our UK Group Meetup in London last weekend and 8 of us attended on both days. Thankyou for your support to those of you who attended.

As usual, most members could not smell other members. However, I made sure I got completely inebriated the night before the meetup. Believe me, this is the one way of making sure you smell your very worst the following day!

Quite honestly, if people could not detect me in a big way then, they were unlikely to ever smell me. Well, I did detect a reaction in 1 or 2 members on the Saturday (I had the booze on the Friday night) but on Sunday there was no response from anyone.

Nobody actually admitted to being able to detect my breath odour on the Saturday but I feel they may just be being polite. What do you guys think?

Have any of you met others from the group before? Could you also not smell each other?

Arun (aka Scientist42)
mpdela
Total Newbie

Arun's intro video to Thames Festival 2008 Meet-up

Post by mpdela »

Hello everyone,

I was finally able to put up Arun's intro video to the Thames Festival Meet-up - had technical difficulties.
http://mpdela.blogspot.com/2008/09/arun ... tival.html

It's not every day we find a leader who leads with his mind and his heart, as Arun does. Thanks, Arun, we appreciate you!

For those who haven't filled out his scientific survey/questionnaire, http://www.tmau.shareaflat.net/ please let's show our support for his efforts to research and find a cure by participating. This is only the start of this endeavor; we won't give up with this quest until we have real answers and real solutions.

María
Larc400
God

Re: Arun's intro video to Thames Festival 2008 Meet-up

Post by Larc400 »

Wow, Arun in good form ... Good speech, especially the heart-felt bits. Also, it seems Arun looks younger for every year. Odd that 8)
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Thankyou Larc,
I get my inspiration from the Group. I really feel these meetups are something spiritual. Sensing the love and unity in our group keeps me feeling young.

I hope some day you will be able to attend our meetups even though you have moved abroad.
Arun
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Congrats to you guys especially to Arun. May we have more members like you.
Scientist42
Advanced

Post by Scientist42 »

Thanks JC,
Who knows, some day soon there may be members organising a meetup near you. I hope you get the opportunity to go and add a new dimension to living with this condition.
Arun
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic