Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsills out and cured

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
rey

tonsillectomy and bad breath

Post by rey »

hi,

i've gone already i tonsillectomy 10 years ago by but the odor is there and it goes bad i thought that its cure for my burden but it doesnt im using therabreath also for almost three years but it has no effect im shy in going outdoors but i can smell the odor so bad in my room it lingers even outside anybody of you who can help me

iva
Master

Post by iva »

Hi, Rey
have you had your stomach checked up?
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

[text]
Last edited by Bloorain on Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Bloorain,

I have the same problem with my tonsils. I cant even get a job because of the odor. People cough and gag in interviews when I talk so I dont go.

I am so depressed. Some days I feel like giving up. Today is one such day.

I happen to find an ENT public doctor from the hospital who admitted that I had bad breath when he was examining me. He told me that it was because of the tonsil crypts. I felt so luck like finally someone who understands me.

The bad news is that my follow up appointment keeps getting cancelled. Then they set a new one for next week. I feel so disappointed. What if they cancel my appointment again. I have no job= no money to pay privately. I am living off savings which will run out soon. I cant get a job because I smell in interviews. What am I to do. I hate myself and my life.

Why cant God help us? God knows how many times I ask him for help.

To answer your question. Sorry for rambling on. I would do the surgery if I had the money. Do it and get out those tonsils. I wish and pray I could.

Dont worry about the pain. The pain from getting your tonsils out wont compare to the pain of people telling you that you stink.

I wish you every blessings with the surgery.

D
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Hi Drastic - Don't give up - this is a battle we are just going to have to win. There is no other alternative and we shouldn't stop until we do just that. I said if I end up losing my job for this I'm still gonna search just as hard for an end to this problem. Lets hope they don't cancel on you again. I would try explaining to them that this is somewhat urgent as you need to find work and you can't really with having this awful condition. I keep asking God the same questions you ask. Its unbelievable the way we all are suffering. But I know God has a plan and lesson in that plan for all of us. I just don't know what it is.

Anyways I decided to take one of those pepto bismol tablets last night and woke up this morning with the blackest tongue. I'm still searching the net on this one and I've put in a call to my general practitioner...

Anyways by Monday I'll know for sure if I'll be doing the surgery. Its funny -- this surgery is so what I wanted. At least to be able to eliminate this as the cause. But I'm so afraid to do this. Its not exactly like taking a supplement.
j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

im really hoping that my case is also a result of my tonsils.

the first time i saw a tonsil stone in there, i was so excited. i dont know if i should have been or should be, but i am feeling better because i am given hope.

i want to get my tonsils out too. im trying to save some money to pay for it first, then i will get a surgeon to do it.

if anyone knows an ent here in the philippines please PM me, id greatly appreciate it.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Bloorain wrote:Well I decided to take the plunge and went to visit a different ENT today who said he might be able to help me. I explained my situation and told him that a few times in the past couple of months I've had these little white balls come out of my mouth (NOT!). He examined my throat area with the camera, also checked by peering into my mouth and said he could not see cryps and also said my tonsils are not that big but said that definitely didn't mean that my tonsils was not producing this horrid smell. I asked if there could be something sort of ingrowned in them and he said well they do collect bacteria, food and so forth.

He said he would be willing to take out my tonsils.

I think I was in shock after he said that I cried all the way back to my office. He said that it was obvious by all the money and time I've spent that I'd been through a lot. He said he'd taken out a lot of tonsils and had seen other people with this exact same problem so it was nothing new to him. He said there were other cases where this was hard to see but that most people had large tonsils who had this problem. I told him I would ring him by Monday to let him know if that's definitely the route I want to go.

He told me he could schedule me two weeks from Thursday - I would be in the hospital for at least a week and possibly be back to work in 2 weeks. He was very truthful even about the odor and said that my case was pretty severe and that the odor seemed to be very strong coming from my nose (still). I thinked him for his honesty and told him about doctors who would back away from me and at the same time suggest that I had halitophobia.

Well - of course I feel I should do it but I'm soooo afraid of going through all that pain just to be disappointed again and lord knows I've been nothing but a hot load of disappointments lately. And on top of this I think my employer might be trying to figure out a way to give me the boot.

If any of you have had your tonsils taken out could you answer me these questions, did your odor come from your nose (and mouth)? Does it still after the surgery? Did you take probiotics w/ the antibiotics? For women, did your odor get worse with menstruation or crying?

If none of this works, I'm definitely gonna apply for SSI and just sit at home all day.

Thanks so much for your responses.
Some docs are animals and some are good, this is the exmple with the doc with a soul.

Good luck
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

i still haven't gotten up the courage to ask a doctor or my dentist if i had bad breath or that i do, i just say i have a bad taste in my mouth, im pretty sure its connected, and It just gives them the hint that whatever is causing the bad taste must be causing the bad breath, cure the bad taste, cure the bad breath. its just too embarrassing for me. next appointment with my dentist i will, if still the same old story, than im officially going to give up thinking that my teeth and gums are causing bb, than i'm going to lean towards the tonsils. save up some money, and get them sorted out once and for all, at least with that, i can rule out another possible cause if it doesn't work.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

I know that I have been down of late but something good happened to me today which has restored my hope.

My ENT appointment was today. So I got there and without asking me anything the doctor (diiferent from the last) said he knows why I am here. He said its because of my breath odour. I looked up and felt finally a doctor that admitted to me having bad breath and that its not in my head. He said he has seen many people who have the same problem some phobias. But he said in my case it was not a phobia it was real. He then said that he would not have had me done allergy test if he seen me 2 months ago. I broke down crying I couldnt hold back the tears. He then gave me tissue to dry my eyes. He said the only solution in my case since I have tonsil stones and deep crypts is to have a tonsillectomy. He said its a bit unorthodox to do the surgery for bad breath but he said that I was so forgone emotionally and he could see the toll it has taken on me. I told him I am broke no job because no one will hire me with bad breath. He then approved the surgery and put me on the waiting list.

I am finally on the waiting list. I have somthing to look forward to finally.

I know I have to wait but its better than nothing.

D.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic