Your Email Address:

First Name:

Have Allergies? Fix Your Gut With Probiotics

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
xoxo
Advanced

Have Allergies? Fix Your Gut With Probiotics

Post by xoxo »

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Anyone could write a worthless article like that, i'd like to see serious scientific studies on probiotics, i'm still sceptical.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hey Archimonde,

I am not convinced either. After 7 days on this acidophilus and probiotic nothing has improved my allergies are worst. I am thinking this thing only works for mild bad breath.

Drastic
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

I have food allergies.. I think it did help my condition somewhat.
Maybe it's only good for people with have food allergies? I dunno.

Will continue to take them and report back... (Mum got roped in to smell my breath... )

http://www.eatingfabulous.com/genetical ... allergies/

02-Mar-2007 - Non-pathogenic gut bacteria, bioengineered to produce a compound that regulates immune response in the gut, may offer significant potential for beating food allergies, if results from an animal study can be translated to humans.

Authors Christophe Frossard and Philippe Eigenmann from the University Hospital of Geneva in collaboration with Lothar Steidler from University College Cork bioengineered a strain of Lactococcus lactis to produce anti-inflammatory interleukin-10 (IL-10), a potential regulator for food tolerance.

Writing in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Frossard reports that oral administration of this non-pathogenic strain effectively reduced food-induced anaphylaxis (severe allergic response) in mice and suppressed the production of an antibody capable of initiating the most powerful immune reactions.

"These findings open interesting potential options in human beings for the prevention of allergies elicited through sensitization in the gut," wrote the authors in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.

(click link for full article)
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Hi Drastic,Hi Guys.

Drastic you wrote that your allergy has worsen.
Somebody wrote that he has phlegm coming out after taking probiotics.

Personally, I think that probiotics are not likely to cause that.
For instance ,allergy can be caused by allergens particular in food. or people with deviated septum are more prone to allergies.If you're allergic to sth get tested and find out for what.

Other thing,probiotics won't cure BB.They facilitate the process to cure.

There is a bunch of different causes to be taken care of.Identify them.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi viva,

you are right. I am allergic to dust/dust mite proven.

I have an air purifier which I never use. I turned it on the entire night while I slept then made sure I had vacuumed everything including carpet. Well,
to my surprise I did not wake up with a chesty cough. I went to brush my teeth as usual and when i got there I only had a small amount of phelgm more like normal . I did not get up with a blocked nose either. I didnt even smell the phelgm that use to come from deep in my chest when I coughed because none had gone down there. It was the dust/mite causing me to get sinus problems which led to the chest problem of coughing up phelgm.

Thanks for your comments viva.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic