Your Email Address:

First Name:

Breakthrough.GERD has seriously to do with BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I was given acid blockers by my GP just on the off chance that they may improve my bb. I took them for 3 weeks even though I didn't have any reflux symtoms and they didn't help my breath. I take it this means there's no possibility at all that I could have a problem with reflux?

I was thinking of going back to my GP to get a referal to a gastroenterologist, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Isn't reflux the only stomach problem that can give you bb?

Drastic,

Are you getting your op date on Monday then? How soon do you think it will be? Fingers crossed it will be soon! Good luck!!!

DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Snobuni,

I have been waiting for this for so long I dont know what to do with myself. I called them up very often telling them that I am available if anyone canceld their appoinment. Now they say call admissions on Monday
to get a date.

I am so nervous. I really am. I have never been so scared in my life.
I going to red some magazines and watch TV just to get my mind off this.

I am trying to order some ice-lollies, soup and pudding so i will have these ready when they call me. I am literally shaking.

I just hope they give me a date on Monday. They sound like it could be pretty soon. I hope so.

I havent told my boyfriend yet.OMG. He will have to take care of me. I have to tell him. I hope he will be there for me.

Any advice.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Drastic,

You haven't told your boyfriend yet????!!!!! You need to ASAP!!!!! Seriously though, you'll need somebody there to look after you. You'll feel great immediately after the op, but 2-3 days afterwards it will hit you. You'll feel miserable for a couple of weeks. I didn't eat for 10 days afterwards, just sipped water. I'm a skinny bird like you, and I lost about 10 pounds, so you might want to think about putting on a couple of pounds before the op!! :lol:

I'm honestly not trying to scare you, but you do have to be prepared for it, it's a tough time. When I started eating again, it was mostly watery soups and super noodles, strangely bread and milk tasted absoulutely revolting (no bad thing really!)

Sorry, I'm not trying to put you off, you may find that you have a totally different experience to me, I would recommend you get your boyfriend to look in on you at least once a day though.

If you're feeling crappy and need some sympathy or someone to moan at afterwards, send me a pm and I'll try to cheer you up!! \:D/
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Snobuni,

My boyfriend and I live together 3 years now. In fact we are proper engaged to get married. I decided not to set a date for our wedding because I wanted my breath to improve first. He is at work right now so I am just waiting for him to come home so I can talk to him about it and tell him the surgery will be real soon.

Thanks for advice.
viva
Advanced

FErmented taste and smell.

Post by viva »

Hi Guys,
Larc400 wrote:
Shouldn't this mean your breath smells more like the inside of your stomach = like vomit / stomach acid etc? Is that how your breath has been described? Do you also get 'heartburns' (=a pain in your chest area)?
Year, my breath smells like vomit and I have this fermented taste in the very back of the throat. It's not from tounge I feel it's fresh and coated with saliva after i stopped using mouth washes which dried the mouth.
So definately It's because of acid reflux.
I've been feeling really sick with heartburn and stomach pain for 3 days.I
poisoned with tomatoes and spam meet.
Also before knowing about Gerd I got burps whenever I ate I had heaviness in the stomach and it kind of tried to go up.
But when you have it for a while,you get used to it and don't pay attention to it.
To be continued[/quote]
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Snobuni wrote:
I was thinking of going back to my GP to get a referal to a gastroenterologist, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Isn't reflux the only stomach problem that can give you bb?
Reflux is not the only problem that gives BB I also had SVC.

Before, I blamed sinus for that mucus all over my throat.It looked like thick nasal discharge went down my throat,stuck on vocal cords and made me clear the throat very often.

Now ,after camera took a look inside the nose and throat
and cat scan inside the sinus I saw with my eyes that sinus is clear and no inflamation whatsoever that gives that white mucus from the nose.
Without camera it looked the way I thought before.

This white mucus turned to be fermented food or acid reflux that stucks in the throat and occasionally all over the tounge and smells vomit.

I also had other cause of BB i wrote before but it's over now.

So GERD is a serious thing in trigerring BB,despite BB doctors say it only accounts for 2% of cases.
Im my case,it needed tools like camera and scan to find where mucus comes from and get me out this sinus delusion.

I need to think this over I'll get you updated on that.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Viva, why is it that like 99% of the people with GERD don't have bb and we do? Besides, anti-reflux products have been discussed so many times before on BB forums and it never cured anyone. GERD can't possibly be the cause, there's still something we're missing.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Hi,Archimonde.

You're right not everybody gets constant BB becoasue of that.

I'm not sure that 99%of people with GERD don't have BB.
As far as I read about acid reflux, everybody has it at some extent.It's a normal way the stomach protects itself from acid and exessive stuff in it.
Maybe in case of Chronic BB along with other reasons,constant acid reflux gives this fermented smell.

Besides my dad has messed up stomach and acid reflux all the time and he has BB too.

To Cure GERD is not so simple by eating antacids.Needs proper diagnostic and treatment not relieving syptoms.Some people wrote that it's incurable.
I belive it's at least manageable.So to be clear with my stomach situation I need at least gastoscopy to know what to do next.

I became to think that GERD is underestimated as a BB cause.
I know at least 4 people that have GERD and BB.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Viva,

What's SVC? Was it your ENT who diagnosed the GERD or a gastroenterologist? If my CT scan shows that my sinuses are clear, do you think it's worth me trying to see a gastroenterologist even though I've tried reflux medication before?
crazybb

Post by crazybb »

Another type of reflux that is worth looking at is laryngopharyngeal reflux. This is much worse than GERD. It can be diagnosed by an ENT. So as many of you that may be suspecting GERD but do not have heartburn, you may want to ask your ENT to check for laryngopharyngeal reflux. I have been told that this can also cause PND. I was initially thinking I had GERD until my ENT did a flexible laryngoscopy test that shows that I have laryngopharyngeal reflux. As for the treatment, it can be treated the same way as GERD.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

crazybb wrote:Another type of reflux that is worth looking at is laryngopharyngeal reflux. This is much worse than GERD. It can be diagnosed by an ENT. So as many of you that may be suspecting GERD but do not have heartburn, you may want to ask your ENT to check for laryngopharyngeal reflux
Crazybb, Interesting!

"
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms of laryngopharyngeal reflux can consist of a dry cough, chronic throat clearing and a sensation of something being stuck in the throat. Some people will also complain of heartburn, while others may have intermittent hoarseness or loss of voice. Another major symptom of LPR is "postnasal drip". The patients often have been told that their symptoms are abnormal nasal drainage or infections, however, this is rarely the cause of the irritation. In order for the "postnasal drip" to cause the complaints described, signs and symptoms of active nasal infection has to be present.

What Treatment Will the Doctor Recommend?

There are four general treatments for LPR:

* Posture changes and weight reduction.
* Diet modifications.
* Medications to reduce stomach acid or to promote normal motility.
* Surgery to prevent reflux.
"
asd
Master

Post by asd »

this reflux makes loads of sense to me. I dont have the fecal odour, but a sourish acidic one. Now Im aware of it i feel a slight acid sensation in my upper esophagus and lower throat. Also my posture is really bad and slouching, which is one of the causes. I will try to correct my posture and maybe ask a GP about it, however Im worried they will think Im mad because I keep coming and claiming to have certain diseases.xx
crazybb

Post by crazybb »

asd,
I am just like you anytime I go to the hospital I always have something I want them to check. What I do now is that I go to different ENTs, dentist and different hospitals each time. That way I kind of compare what they say and do. Now I am receiving treatment for LPR and hopefully this will be the cure that've been looking for.
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Snobuni wrote:
What's SVC? Was it your ENT who diagnosed the GERD or a gastroenterologist? If my CT scan shows that my sinuses are clear, do you think it's worth me trying to see a gastroenterologist even though I've tried reflux medication before?

SVC is sulfur volatile compound that is produced by anaerobic bacteria and smells like shit.
If you have sour fermented taste in the back of the throat, go ahead and have camera inserted thru the nose and looking in both nose and throat to see what's in there.
That was ENT who based on camera and scan tests diagnosed me with GERD.So I'm gonna see gastro doctor to confirm or not that and look inside my stomach.

We need treatment based on proper diagnostic,but not guesses.
I don't know much about various types of reflux medication, but It's obvious that antacids like Bismut only relive symptoms,but not treat.

Although on forum much was siad about antacids,this is not a cure.
So we need proper diagnostic to determine the problem and find proper treatment ,that is not only antacids to manage GERD or cure if possible.
viva
Advanced

laryngopharyngeal reflux

Post by viva »

Crazybb wrote:
Another type of reflux that is worth looking at is laryngopharyngeal reflux. This is much worse than GERD. It can be diagnosed by an ENT. So as many of you that may be suspecting GERD but do not have heartburn, you may want to ask your ENT to check for laryngopharyngeal reflux. I have been told that this can also cause PND. I was initially thinking I had GERD until my ENT did a flexible laryngoscopy test that shows that I have laryngopharyngeal reflux. As for the treatment, it can be treated the same way as GERD.

Thanks for the info.That makes a lot sense to me.
Anyway I'm gonna see my ENT to review allergy and immuno blood work and ask him about this type of reflux.

We'll see.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic