Your Email Address:

First Name:

CHLORHEXIDINE

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halihope
Master

CHLORHEXIDINE

Post by halihope »

I just called my dentist to prescribe the chlorhexidine .12%, so I will start either today or tomorrow. Those of you using it are you getting good results? I am also drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water morning, any time, and evening also any time and I noticed it helps me be regular. Only done this for two days so far.

sean1979

Post by sean1979 »

Yes, it is very effective but I feel that bacteria has somewhat developed resistance. Only side effect is that it can stain your teeth. Man I hate freaking bacteria...
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

Sean 1979 so does this stuff helps or helped you? If not, what happened? I just got the bottle last night and since today will be my first day to try this mouth wash along with probiotics I went ahead and indulged last night. I really enjoyed my cup of coffee, quesadilla and eggs and beans.

VIVA
Do you brush tongue w/ chlor.... before breakfast or after breakfast, before going to bed? How long after you do this do you wait to drink water and do you rinse mouth first and then drink water?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Just thought you should know that you're meant to wait at last half an hour after brushing or rinsing with anything that contains SLS, flouride, etc, before using chlorhexadine as these will stop it working.

All the research papers I've read have said that it works best if you wait 2 hours after brushing or rinsing. Hope this helps. :D
sean1979

Post by sean1979 »

Yes, it helps...more than any other mouthwash or toothpaste. It's been the most help for me besides antibiotics pills.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

Snobuni and Seam1979 thank for the information, I will do this right before I go to bed. When is the best time to use it? After meals or before? How many times a day? Thanks a bunch.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I use it twice a day 1-2 hours after brushing in the morning and 1-2 hours after brushing in the evening.

Watch out for the staining though!!! :)
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Are you usung the one without alcohol?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I've been using curasept for the past week or so (no alcohol, staining or change in taste), it doesn't seem to work as well as corsodyl though.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Snobuni,

I usede curasept back in July. I could smell some tonsil stones so I gargled with it.To my surprise several small tonsil stones came out in the sink. I was so devasted because I was at work at the time and had just finished eating some food. I wanted to throw up. Sorry for grossing you out.

It didnt work for me really. I still had bad breath after that. But now that I think about it. I still had this large tonsil stone stuck in my throat which I did not know about. Anyways, I am more thinking that the sulfur from the tonsils must be getting onto the tongue somehow.

I have been using paroex. It has chlorhexidine in it.I got it from the dental shop on line. It taste far better than the curasept or corsodyl. Corsodyl has alcohol which makes my halitosis 100 times worst.

Nowadays, it seems that my antibacterial mouthwash doesnt help the bad breath as much as the chlorhexidine solution. Only when I use the chlorhexidne then my mouth feels clean esp. the tongue. It never truly last though always comes back after eating something or after 30 minutes or so.

Ah well.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Drastic,

Over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that it doesn't matter what I use, or if I stop everything, my breath just stays at the same bad level, it barely improves after I brush, scrape and rinse, My tongue used to just be coated at the back and the middle, now it's thickly coated right up to the tip!!

I don't know what else to try as nothing works anymore!!! :evil: I have been eating anything I want recently, including lots of dairy, sugar, takeaways, so I expect this has alot to do with it. I spent a small fortune on supplements this week (probiotics, anti-candida supplements, biotin, etc) and I'm going to try really hard to follow an anti-candida diet for the next month or so, just to try and get my digestive system working, it's the only thing left that could be causing this bb.

Does the chlorhexidine mouthwash you use stain your teeth or interfere with your taste? I read somewhere that if chlorhexidine stains your teeth it means it's working. It's supposed to cling to teeth and tissues and works by breaking down the biofilm. Because curasept doesn't stain, I don't think it really does very much.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Snobuni,

Nothing works for me recently either. Even after I brush immediately my breath still smells. Really terribly. The whiting on my tongue seems to be stong like bacteria multiplying quickly in a lab or something. All this after eating proper healthy food and no sugary food no desserts. WTF

I just dont know what to do.

F**K this damm BACTERIA.

I wish I could bitch slap this BACTERIA>

I am going to eat some chocolate. F***K this bacteria.

Drastic
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I've just had a curry followed by two bowls of bread and butter pudding with custard!!! :lol:

Sod it, I don't care anymore!!!! ](*,)

I was thinking, people who say if they lost weight or won the lottery, that all their problems would be solved, usually lose weight or get money and realise that they're not much happier. I think if I got rid of my bb I would be THE happiest person alive!!! I'd never take it for granted. Why is it so hard to have something that everybody else just has as a normal thing in their life, something they don't even think about past the 5 minutes they spend brushing in the morning and evening!!!!!! :(
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

Snobuni and Drastic are you both saying the chlorhexidine doesn't anymore? Could it be the change in your diet that is making the bad bacteria go crazy and it is trying to survive by multiplying as fast as it can? I am not rinsing with this stuff, I am dipping my tongue brush in it and scraping my tongue so that there is little contact with teeth. I am doing it three times so I hope it gives me some relief. I am also drinking probiotics but I am afraid I will have to buy them more often because my sons like the flavor and they grab 2 bottles at a time!
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Halihope,

Yeah, I know my diet at the moment isn't helping! I'm starting a very strict diet on Monday, with lots of probiotics, anti-candida supplements, etc, so I suppose this weekend, I'm allowing myself alot of the stuff I'll be cutting out for the next few months.

Is there a reason why you should only put the chlorhexidine on your tongue and not your teeth? I know it discolours teeth, but is this the only reason, as alot of bacteria hide between teeth and along the gum line?

Also, as chlorhexidine reaches it's maximum antibacterial activity after 21 days, I don't think stopping after 2 weeks is the best thing to do, unless there's another reason to do this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic