Your Email Address:

First Name:

The Ambiguous Reactions Thread

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I think my BB has been pretty bad lately due to reckless diet. Here are some of the not so ambiguous reactions I get working on the floor of a Best Buy:
Strange/confused stares
Nose touching
Putting finger under nostril so as to block smell
Stepping to the side of me (as opposed to face-to-face) a few seconds after the start of a conversation. (This one has been happening a lot lately.)
Always being very curt with me, then seeking out other employees to ask the same question they just asked me.
Coughing
Little kids very obviously pinching their noses, some younger kids (like 7-10 age range) will accidentally make comments like "He has bad breath" to their friends while I'm still in ear-shot.

This BB Disease is ridiculous.

daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

^the little kids thing is terrible, i've had a kid say goodbye mr stinky. The strange/confused look is also up there with one of the worst reactions.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

"Shut up and walk away"

That would be a very nice title for a song about us.
lolalola
Junior

Post by lolalola »

Once my old boss came over and joked around that it is pretty obvious that you like your space and you don't like people getting too close. He had a smirk on his face. What made me sad is that when people would get close to my computer to look at something I would get up quick and let them sit down so we would not have to be side to side with our faces. Anyway he knew that I knew he was referring to my bb even though it was not clearly stated. I got it mofo!
brokenbuthopeful

Post by brokenbuthopeful »

elliott wrote:Yeah, she smelled that big funk and thought twice. LOL

I really hate it when people ASK for it. They ask you a question right in your face, and you have no choice but to answer. I must have the most pathetic smirk on my face whenever that happens, because I know what's going to happen next.

For now on, that girl is going to touch her nose whenever she sees you. It's funny how people never forget smelling that 1st whiff. You are now associated with the smell of shit to her.
lolz......i cant stop laughing. i have got tears in my eyes because of excessive laughing. u presented the situation in such a funny way......lolz....dont be offended, i am one of u and i just came back from my bank. keeping a safe distance b/t me and my services provider. when he said how can i help u sir? i said in my heart. yes u can by steeping a few steps backward as i dont want u to be knocked off.......lolz...
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

brokenbuthopeful wrote:
elliott wrote:Yeah, she smelled that big funk and thought twice. LOL

I really hate it when people ASK for it. They ask you a question right in your face, and you have no choice but to answer. I must have the most pathetic smirk on my face whenever that happens, because I know what's going to happen next.

For now on, that girl is going to touch her nose whenever she sees you. It's funny how people never forget smelling that 1st whiff. You are now associated with the smell of shit to her.
lolz......i cant stop laughing. i have got tears in my eyes because of excessive laughing. u presented the situation in such a funny way......lolz....dont be offended, i am one of u and i just came back from my bank. keeping a safe distance b/t me and my services provider. when he said how can i help u sir? i said in my heart. yes u can by steeping a few steps backward as i dont want u to be knocked off.......lolz...
I LOL'd too. I forgot I posted that! Sometimes it's good to just laugh at ourselves. It's pathetic, but therapeutic in a way.
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

Ambiguous today...i was talking to a coworker who was like 6-7 feet away and she put her hand over her mouth and nose for a minute or two...and the not so ambiguous reactions I got today.........some1 i had talked to b4 was walking away with a friend, and i heard him say that my breath smelled, a customer said something to one of his friends how my breath smelled like mad ass, another customer asked his friend what's that smell, and the all too common, wtf look on their faces, i am fuckin tired of this so much, and i know i am screwed the rest of my life because of this fuckin shit, wtf did i do to deserve this fuckin curse.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I never feel comfortable during a conversation. Sometimes I feel like I'm forced to keep my mouth shut, but when I talk I'm forced to talk, because it's impolite to ignore someone. I have been able to speak to some people, but I always have to keep my sentences short.

On the internet or on the phone, I'm much more comfortable and I think people realize it. I wonder if they even know that why I don't like to talk is becuase of my bb.
sean1979

smell while in car

Post by sean1979 »

Do you guys ever smell rotten egg in your car while you drive? Is that the car or is it me?
asd
Master

Post by asd »

I dont usually get reactions. Guess people I have contact with are either too polite, or dont want to start a fight, which I wouldnt do, but maybe they dont know that. I think it would take a lot of balls to tell someone their breath stinks in front of them.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Worst reaction i got was ... I was actually at a doctor about to go for my pre op (surgery) and was checking out. The lady at the counter asked me a question and all i said was "Yes" She started coughing so bad and a nurse came close to her and asked her is she was "OK". She started saying "bad bacteria bad bacteria"

I dont even know how i walked out. I remember feeling like crap and actually hoping that my surgery would go bad and i would die.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic