Your Email Address:

First Name:

lingual tonsils

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

ok u guys are going nuts lol.

i doubt this is going to help.

This is idiotic. sorry. I am just trying to help.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

We are just reasoning with some established facts Azishasi to see whether we could make some connections. If there is something unusual happening with lingual tonsils then there is every chance it could be connected to the overgrowth of bacteria there.
And if someone is trying to help by dismissing a concept, then they could at least give a reason why.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Sean1979

interesting video, I bet my throat looks like that from the inside and that is the sorce of my halitosis. I read somewhere that lingual tonsils may be hypertrophied due to GERD or PND. So even if someone manages to "clean" his throat and lingual tonsils, that would not be enough to get rid of bb, the main reason for should be eliminated (GERD or PND or whatever)
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I,ve been cleaning my linual tonsils for 2 days now and my mouth feels much cleaner now. BB is not gone but i don´t have a very bad taste in my mouth . I´m gonna try to clean my lingual tonsils 3 times a day and see what happens. I never thought that it could be the problem but it can, cause i have pnd. i don´t have a bad smell coming from my throat but when i clean the tonsils it feel much better. In the beginning it was hard to get all the way back in my throat but now i can do it .
asd
Master

Post by asd »

wow billie, that sounds uncomfortable...
sean1979

Post by sean1979 »

billie wrote:I,ve been cleaning my linual tonsils for 2 days now and my mouth feels much cleaner now. BB is not gone but i don´t have a very bad taste in my mouth . I´m gonna try to clean my lingual tonsils 3 times a day and see what happens. I never thought that it could be the problem but it can, cause i have pnd. i don´t have a bad smell coming from my throat but when i clean the tonsils it feel much better. In the beginning it was hard to get all the way back in my throat but now i can do it .
That's crazy. How do you clean your lingual tonsils? Be careful man.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Just thinking about it is making me gag. I wonder if using some sort of irrigator and chlorine dioxide (or some other antibacterial) would be effective on the lingual tonsils? Maybe some chronic situation there could be given a chance to heal itself by doing this, from acid reflux for example or PND/bacterial infestation of any crypts.

I wish i could see back there, i need to keep practicing the technique of reaching that area for lessening the gag effect. I get glimpses and nothing looks swollen or abnormal. I tried using a dental mirror for this.

Thinking about it, gargling and rinsing never reaches that far back, so its worth finding ways to affect this area in some beneficial way.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Yeah it´s hard to do but i just take a cotton pad and then go go al the way back in my throat.
When i do this, i get a gag reflex but i keep my finger inside. After i get the gag reflex whit my finger still in my throat , i just rub a few times. Then i take a clean cotton pad and do the same thing again. I always wait for the gag reflex . I did gag a lil bit today,not much.
i did this a few months ago , but then i just used a peace of an old shirt. the first time that i used that lil peace of old shirt my throat felt clean. I would rinse the lil peace and let it dry and then use it again. And let me tell you not to do that cuase the bacteria on it just stay on it even if you rinse it (DUH) so now i use a clean cotton pad every time. It feels cleaner but i don´t think it´s gonna help me but i´m gonna keep doing it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi billie

I must have a bad gag reflex compared to most people. Sometimes just holding out my tongue makes me gag.

Im hoping that the removal of a widsom tooth next week cures my BB, but in the meantime im creating a cushion for my mental state incase it doesnt by having plenty of new ideas and things to try.

Something connected to the lingual tonsils gives me the greatest hope at the moment. Followed by low IgA levels (which ive never had checked) and the hope that something can one day help with that. An Enzyme deficiency is also something which gives me hope for a future cure for us.
LPR diagnosis/treatment is also something new for me to investigate.

I've lived with this problem for so long i dont know any different. My life so far has been a life on-hold. If i cant cure this problem soon then logic will prevail and i'll stop trying to make the air nicer for other people and will simply not care about BB or people anymore and start living.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

azishazi wrote:ok u guys are going nuts lol.

i doubt this is going to help.

This is idiotic. sorry. I am just trying to help.

Care to explain what you are talking about?

The lingual tonsils are simply part of the tongue base, i e the very furthest back, as seen on the image earlier. This area is the source of many sufferers' stench ... this is an undisputed fact (*fact*). So how is it idiotic to smoothen that area out, in order to make it less habitable for anaerobic bacteria..? You, Sir, haven't a clue 8)
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

loll, i have to admit that i can do that too. I can reach all the way back to the linguil tonsil area. It just requires years of practice, but you have to fight yourself into getting back there lol.

And yes it does help alot, i agree, it makes my mouth so much more fresher.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

billie wrote:Yeah it´s hard to do but i just take a cotton pad and then go go al the way back in my throat.
When i do this, i get a gag reflex but i keep my finger inside. After i get the gag reflex whit my finger still in my throat , i just rub a few times. Then i take a clean cotton pad and do the same thing again. I always wait for the gag reflex . I did gag a lil bit today,not much.
i did this a few months ago , but then i just used a peace of an old shirt. the first time that i used that lil peace of old shirt my throat felt clean. I would rinse the lil peace and let it dry and then use it again. And let me tell you not to do that cuase the bacteria on it just stay on it even if you rinse it (DUH) so now i use a clean cotton pad every time. It feels cleaner but i don´t think it´s gonna help me but i´m gonna keep doing it.
Do u put anything on the cotton pad - toothpaste or mouthwash or sth else? I have also tried to reach that area with a bare finger and even that helps a bit. Imagine if u could clean it thoroughly...
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Hi Iva

I only put some water on the cotton pad and that´s it.
Maybe i should put something on it but i don´t know what.
Today i did it again and i really didn´t had a bad taste today.
i bought some anthistamine for pnd i hope it works and i´m gonna buy something for my dry mouth.
JZ
Junior

Post by JZ »

Lasering the Lingual Tonsils.
Here is a link to a hospital where they do it:

http://www.umcutrecht.nl/zorg/patienten ... enlaseren/

The Academic hospital is in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Sorry that is in dutch language.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

billie wrote:Hi Iva

I only put some water on the cotton pad and that´s it.
Maybe i should put something on it but i don´t know what.
Today i did it again and i really didn´t had a bad taste today.
i bought some anthistamine for pnd i hope it works and i´m gonna buy something for my dry mouth.
Hey. Billie,

today I did the trick with the cotton and put NXTO2 (the Breezecare staff) on it, then gargled with water to rinse it and then repeated the procedure with toothpaste (again the Breezecare staff) and guess what - I was bb free (or at least I think so) for several hours, which hasn`t happened to me for ages..Hope this works
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic