Your Email Address:

First Name:

CALLING DRASTIC

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
iva
Master

CALLING DRASTIC

Post by iva »

DRASTIC,

in case u are still visitng this site, let us know what is going on, has the tonsillectomy been succcessful?

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

i'd like to know too, how are you doing?
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Yeah, I'd like to know how're you'redoing too. :)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

me too! 8-[
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi everyone.

I am still here. I havent gone. I still log in from time to time to just see what news the site has and check my PM.

In terms of the surgery. I think it was a success because here I am alive and well today. Thank God.

In terms of bad breath. Its still too early to tell because I havent tested it on anyone except my boyfriend and the landlord. I have just been concentrating on getting better over the past weeks. I had it done Nov 2. So that makes it 25 days ago.

Overall, I am pleased even though I havent tested it on anyone outside my flat. My landlord came over to fix my bathroom door that fell off the hinge and he stood there talking to me about my tonsillectomy for a good 15 minutes. Not even a nose rub or cough or sneeze or anything from him. I know he was busy fixing the door but he did stop a couple of times to listen to me rant about my surgery. No reactions from him though.

My boyfriend is a bit tricky because he never admitted that I had bad breath before the surgery but he used to rub his nose alot before the surgery. I mean alot. Every word he would touch his face and then nose.
Now the only time he touched his nose is when I just get up in the morning. That I strongly think is because I sleep on my back since the surgery as a result I sleep with my mouth open. mouth breather. So, when I wake in the morning my throat is extra extra dry. The other time he touched his nose is when I eat certain foods and the smell of the food lingers in my mouth if I dont brush right after eating like cheese.

Other times, we are in conversation really up close and he doesnt rub his nose or turn away. I still dont know what to make of it all. I think I am going to go to the corner shop today and test it on the shopkeeper. That test would be real objective for me to tell from someone who isnt biased.

Also, I must point out that I have really clean taste sort of pure taste over the last days. Dont know what that means.

I must tell you that during the last 3 weeks even when it was hard to open my mouth after the surgery. I never stopped brushing and flossing and rinsing my mouth. The hospital told me after the procedure to always brush and rinse after every meal so as to prevent infection. So that is what I did. Maybe this is what helped me not to get a throat infection after the surgery. anyone planning on doing this tonsillectomy. You have to brush and rinse after every meal. Try to floss earlier on as well. This will prevent build up of plaque which can lead to bad breath.

anyways, I feel so much more confident in myself and feel like this procedure has helped me make it more manageable for me to control my breath. It is no miracle cure but it sure seems to make my breath more manageable. I dont regret it in any way. I am glad I did it. I have a cleaner taste. Now can talk to my boyfriend and ask him questions and not see him rub his nose. And have him share a pillow with me. He never usually did. So now I feel so much better I did it. Only wished I didnt listen to all those people who tried to talk me out of it years ago.

Oh, one more thing. I must admit as well that I seem to be able to breathe much better through my nose. I dont know if while doing the tonsillectomy the surgeon did my adenoids as well but for some reason I seem to breathe clearer now. Before the surgery I usually had one nostril blocked up at a time alternating at other times to the other. Now, they are both clear and I breath much better. Added surprise for me. But grateful.

Sorry for long post.

Take care everyone and ask me any questions if you like.

Thanks for your concern.

Drastic
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi all,

and also to add. I will be going back on my anti-candida diet. I fell off this diet due to my tonsillectomy and have had to eat some foods that I dont like inorder to heal during this time. I have had to eat bread with butter, lots of milk based supligen, custard, jello-loaded with sugar, popsicle, ice cream, etc. You get the idea, spaghetti bolognese

So, I will be starting my anti-candida diet again. Here is the plan,

Protein: Chicken and egg occasionally.
Vegetable: Spinach, green leaf and pepper, carrot
Fruit: Apples, oranges, lemon, strawberries, bluberries.
Carbohydrate: Rice (limited amout of basmati rice only or brown rice)
drink: Ginger tea to help digestion and water only.
snacks: Ryvita-contains no yeast, rice cakes, maybe corn chips?
Probiotics and multivitamin.

AND nothing except water or tea after 8 pm so as to ensure digestion of food before bed.

Please let me know if you all think there is anything I left out of the new diet. I havent started yet but will start around this weekend so that by the end of December I will see good result on health. I am more doing this new diet for health reasons now.

Drastic
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Hi, Drastic

Thank God u sound so well! Hope your life will become much easier and happier..Wish u all the best!
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi iva,

Yes, I am feeling good. really good. I havent been out to the shops as yet only because the weather in London is terrible at the moment absolutely cold. I plan on going to the cornershop to test on somebody but to be honest I am in no hurry the weather is just too cold outside.

Drastic
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Drastic,
Nice to hear from you and the good news.
The decision to go for a tonsillectomy takes a lot of courage, and no matter what at least you know you can rule those stinking things out now. Well done. Many people find that their tonsils were causing their halitosis or at least adding to the problem. Good luck :)
viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Drastic,
I'm very happy for you.
You sound very positive and that's how it should be.

Low carb diet is a crutial thing.

I was back to eating crap like candies brads ....and guess what this sour taste and acid reflux in the throat is back and disdigestion with Gerd got worse.

So I'm back to low carb and raw diet.
Whoo-Whoo...
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Drastic,

I'm glad to hear it all went well for you, you sound so much more positive!!! \:D/
FBseeker

Post by FBseeker »

Drastic,

Did you see good results on the anti candida diet? The reason I ask is that I am on a candida diet as well at the moment and I eat foods similar to what you are currently eating. I am also taking Olive leaf extract and coconut oil to kill candida. I got a positive candida diagnosis from an MD who specializes in holistic healing. He also did an allergy test and found out that I am intolerant to wheat, eggs, sugar and a few vegetables and fruits so I am avoiding those. I use stevia as my sweetner. It has only been a week and the diet is hard so it would be great to exchange notes on what is working for you.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Snobuni, I am more positive because after surviving this serious surgery I realise that life is a precious gift and should be appreciated. No more feeling pity or sorry for myself. Live is meant for living not being sad and worrying about daily reactions. When God comes for his world he wont ask 'Do you have bad breath? You cant enter heaven. No. God will look at our deeds, actions, heart and soul to determine if we deserve a place in heaven. So, that is my goal from now on. Living life for God. Everything else is irrelevant in my book.

FBseeker, I havent been on the diet yet. I plan to start this weekend. I still need to get some more food stuff from the supermarket. Its good that you are on that diet though. keep up with it. I believe it is the key. I will post here to let you know how I am getting on with the anti-candida diet. perhahs we can exchange notes when I am on this diet fully.
juslikeme
Total Newbie

I had my tonsils removed

Post by juslikeme »

I had my tonsils removed 3 years ago. It didn't help my BB. At first I thought it would b/c I wouldn't get those tonsilloliths, I haven't had them since but my BB is still there. Drastic, I hope your situation is different and that it helps.
halihope
Master

Post by halihope »

First of all congrats to you Drastic, You sound so positive and that is something that helps tremendously. I am so glad you are having face to face conversations with your boyfriend. Please will you list what is that you eat once you get back on the candida diet?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic