Your Email Address:

First Name:

notice when i have a cold my bad breath get much better

Tell us your story with bad breath
guzler
Advanced

notice when i have a cold my bad breath get much better

Post by guzler »

you know i notice any time i have cold or flue my bad breath gets better. people don't back away from me and also i don't have that bad taste in my mouth . that suggest that bad breath is coming either from your nose or ears or your mouth . but definitly not from your stomach.

Green
Junior

Post by Green »

Hmm...I think this is why your BB decreases: When you get a flu or a cold, your body raises its temperature ( An immune response), which kills off bacteria...and so...Less BB. But then again, when I get a cold, it doesn't really make a difference in my breath--I wonder why.
prey
Junior

Post by prey »

Hey guzler,
the same with me,when i got a flue or cold my breath is better even if i have a tone of green pnd coming out.
TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

Could be that the bacteria from the infection causing the cold overtake the areas normally inhabitated by the anaerobic bacteria causing the BB.

Either that or the increased immune response did it like others said.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

C'mon guys, when you have a cold your taste and smell decreases, so u still have bb u dont notice it that much, my family say i dont have bb but when i have a cold and flu they say i do and that it is normal. Your Senses decrease i suppose so u really cant taste it, or smell it!

If the above ppl are correct then i suppose the bb is no coming from your phelgm. or PND
One Day One Day....
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Could be the effect of having more runny mucus during a cold. Could also indicate for those whose sinuses may be the cause of their BB, since the swelling inside the nose and subsequent blockage of the sinuses temporarily closes them off during the duration of the cold.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi,

I can say that right now I am having a cold/flu. I notice that for me my bad breath seemed way worst since getting the flu. It must be coming from my sinuses which are blocked because since getting the flu reactions are way stronger. I mean a lady was walking behind me and started to hold her nose. This was in freezing temperatures. As she walked past me she held her nose and looked at me. THE LOOK OF YOU SMELL> WE ALL KNOW THAT LOOK.

I must have some form of sinus condition.

I must add that my boyfriend is having the flu also but he does not have any odor from his nose or mouth.

Drastic
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

I am just getting over a cold/sore throat,nothing major but in my case my bb was worse, as I was coming down with the cold and also for the first few days of it. I find today it is much better, as I feel my cold is also lifting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic