Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bismuth manages my bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Snobuni,

I agree sinuses are hard to get at with antibiotic.

I went out to the pharmacy just now. Y ou know how it is freezing cold outside. Well, while walking outside I happen to have a very runny nose non-stop runny nose. Then, Then i could feel the PND like a drip in my nose just run straight at the back of my nose down my throat. I had to swallow the PND because I was in boots at the time and couldnt spit in the people's store.

Anyways, while walking back I smelled what could only be my breath-more like hydrogen sulfide. I am so pissed at this sinus thing. I have another appointment on Thursday. My doc is going to refer me to another ENT.

Anyways, I got back inside and my nose stopped running. This is ridiculous. Because the PND drips onto my throat and feeds the bacteria. Sometimes I feel it sometimes I dont.

So, anyways, I am now taking antihistamine in the hope that it will decrease the PND.

I am not sure if this will work.

Drastic

Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Drastic,

It's weird, but sometimes when I'm outside, and the wind is blowing across my face I can smell my PND/mucous, it smells like a wet dog. When I first used to smell this I thought it was coming from the beach, where I usually take a walk, or maybe there WAS a wet dog behind me, but no, it was me.

I've tried antihistamines from my GP before, they didn't do much for my PND/mucous and didn't change my bb, but they stopped the bad reactions to food that I used to get (itchy eyes, itchy chin and scratchy ears). I stopped taking them after a couple of months 'cos they didn't seem to do much. Your PND sounds alot heavier than mine, so hopefully you'll see more of an improvement than me.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

So has anyone tried dijon mustard? I know the idea that mustard helps is ridiculous but it really does. The mustard i have contains 'alcohol vinegar', it's listed as the 3rd ingredient after water and mustard seeds. If you're going to try that, please don't get the cheapest brand at Wal-Mart, it will just contain corn syrup and whatnot. Mine is imported from France, the french knows their mustard, oh yeah they do.

Any chemist in here? is there a difference between 'alcohol vinegar' and regular vinegar sold in any grocery store?
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

arch,

is the vinegar helping you? Iso want you to have relief! :D
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

It's helping in the sense that i used to get nuclear breath with a disgusting taste in my mouth the day after eating a hamburger, milk and cookies. Now i can have those and just have... regular bb lol. There's no doubt that 'alcohol vinegar' helps with digestion, now i just need to know why and how to use that information to my advantage.

Maybe the combination of: a clean diet (either very low carb or raw) + vinegar for digestion + nasal rinse could bring BB to a very minimal, if not non-existent level.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

arch, keep it up. we are making great strides in our search for a cure. So I am on day 1 of pepto and I looked at my toungue, and there are two weird looking lumps on the back of my toungue, they do not hurt, but I am concerned. any one know what this is? :D
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Snoopsister,

Are the lumps on either side of your tongue at the back? I have those too, I think they're just taste buds or some other normal part of tongue physiology, don't worry about them.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

snoopsister wrote:arch, keep it up. we are making great strides in our search for a cure. So I am on day 1 of pepto and I looked at my toungue, and there are two weird looking lumps on the back of my toungue, they do not hurt, but I am concerned. any one know what this is? :D
haha yeah I freaked out when I 1st saw those too. Those 2 raised bumps are part of the taste buds like Snobuni said. Somehow they don't turn black like the rest of the tongue so it really stands out.

Interesting thing about the mustard btw.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

hey snobunni,

I feel like it's helping alot, no bad taste, toungue is pinker, but did it make you naseous at first?
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

taste buds huh? food did taste better today. my stomach hurts and I have had diarea, but mouth feels clean
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hey Snobuni,

Is it safe to take this pepto-bismal for so long. Does cause build up of metal or substances in your body????? I tried it and my bad breath was worst.

Drastic
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Snoopsister,

I haven't had any nasea using the Pepto-Bismol. I have been quite bloated, but I think that's due to my bad diet over xmas. I'm eating alot healthier now, and am now no longer constipated, but still quite bloated (not sure if that has anything to do with the PB or not).

I've also noticed that my tongue no longer turns black, not sure what this means. I have had slightly worse breath over the last few days, it's almost got a sweet smell to it, I'm wondering if the antibacterial properties of the PB is allowing candida to get a hold and maybe I have a bit of oral thrush. I'm still not sure how bad my breath is now, I have a bit of a bad taste (not as bad as it used to be though). I'm going to stop the PB next week for a week before my ENT appointment, so I'll be able to tell if it gets worse when I stop taking it.
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hi Drastic,

I think Girlie Girl posted a link on another thread, but the gist of it was that it can build up in the body (some evidence of neurological effects when using other types of bismuth, not when using bismuth subsalicylate). It's recommend to take continously for only 6-8 weeks, berfore having an 8 week break.

I'm not sure about why it made your breath worse, but I didn't notice it having any positive effects until I'd beeen taking them for about 4 days. They work by coating your mouth, so you're best using them after you've brushed your teeth or eaten, but probably not straight after eating as they coat the stomach. I'm taking around 6-8 a day too.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Snobuni,

I see. Good luck with it. How has it been since taking it.

I mean do you talk up to people really close and any reactions since?

Drastic
Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

I went to see a nurse during the week about something not connected to my bb. She was only sitting a few feet away from me and she didn't seem to react (she rubbed her nose once, but that could mean anything!).

I'm trying to go more on how my mouth tastes and smells to me, its really difficult to know yourself though (and my boyfriend has never been able to smell my bb so I can't ask him).

I suppose when I stop next week I'll know they've been helping if my bb suddenly starts to smell alot worse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic