Your Email Address:

First Name:

"WISDOM" teeth

Tell us your story with bad breath
asd
Master

Post by asd »

halitossissux, you seem to have your head screwed on nice and tight man. I am like you, my pnd or mucus does not smell, but if it did then I would look at my sinuses. I have one wisdom in the bottom left which is impacted, but no localised smell from it, I also have a few teeth that hurt when I eat really hot or cold or sweet. They hurt down in the craters of the molars, so I need some fillings for sure, im a poor student though.

Snobuni
Sheriff

Post by Snobuni »

Hey Halitosisux,

I'm going to ask my dentist for an x-ray next time I go and ask her to check all my filled teeth for infection or decay, but as I don't have any pain from them and she says that they are all fine I think she'll think I'm a bit mad. I have spoken to her about bb before, but she says that there's no way it's coming from my teeth or gums.

As for my sinuses/wisdom teeth, there's not much I can do about them until I have my CT scan and see my ENT again (not til January!!) But he was really dismissive about a sinus infection, even when I mentioned that my mucous has a slight smell to it. But I'm going to ask him about the possibility of a wisdom tooth invading my sinuses and if my deviated septum could be obstructing the flow of mucous and causing it to stagnate in my sinuses or something. Thing is, I told him about my septum and smelly mucous at the appointment and he didn't pay any attention to it, just looked in my mouth and said it was very dry, useless!!! I may have to think about getting a second opinion...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If only we could unscrew our heads huh, lol...
thanks for replying asd, i just dont think we're gonna find the "magic cure" for halitosis for a while.. if it was as simple as all the magic potions people are taking, we'd all be cured here by now, but the truth is NO ONE IS OR HAS BEEN COMPLETELY CURED!!

But im sure that because we're all so tuned into our halitosis (even if that is based on the number of paranoid observations per-day) the slight health benefits they are likely to bring (improved oral hydration etc) etc are felt.

I'm just trying to be rational about my approach to this.. i wonder how many people if they made a full list of every known cause of halitosis can honestly say they've convincingly eliminated them all? i think so much energy is being wasted because people have some deep-rooted feeling that they are simply different in some biological way to BB-free people. I've always had this feeling too, and its very easy to fall into this trap when everything you've tried (so far) has failed.

ASD could it be possible that some people with impacted wisdom teeth may simply be unable to detect this odour, and others can? in the same way that some seem to report with the halitosis itself? can u taste a strange sour/bitter taste in that area? i know i sure do. Any anaerobic area in the mouth which is fed with a good supply of dead-cells and whatever else these ****ing organisms like to munch on is going to cause a stench - even between "normal" people's teeth when they floss this happens.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Snobuni,

If i remember correctly you said you had upper un-errupted impacted wisdom teeth? Im not sure whether un-errupted wisdom teeth have more likelihood of invading sinuses, but thinking about it it seems much more likely.
Sinusitis usually occurs when the sinus drainage becomes blocked (deviated septum or even simple colds can temporarily cause this, hence all the thick mucus for a while after recovering).
But think about it snobuni, if u had an invading wisdom tooth which has invaded the sinuses (guaranteed to produce somethink yuk in there) it may not show up as an infected area in the same way as ordinary sinusitis caused in the conventional way of blocked drainage or whatever. Then this drainage (which u detect slight smell of in PND and definitely not something normal), your tongue is then bathed in this 24/7 - a possible cause i'd say - not to mention that others may simply be detecting this odourous mucus being breathed out through your nose etc.
Malena
Total Newbie

Post by Malena »

Hi halitosisux
I just finished reading your story and it really hit close to home
Especially this part
Then, about 5 years ago i was sitting there once again taking a long hard look at myself, my PERFECT teeth smiling back at me, in perfect health etc etc.. and started fiddling with a wisdom tooth. (About 15 years ago my dentist removed 2 upper wisdom teeth and told me that my lower left wisdom tooth was impacted and still completely below the gumline, but the right-side was partially erupted). After i'd finished fiddling, i subconsciously went to smell my finger and OH MY GOD did it smell. I am still so traumatized and dispondent by the failures i've had, i have just ended up frozen with fear, living on "hope" that it might be this wisdom tooth, but daren't get it removed incase i have to go back to that SINKING, DESPERATE knowledge that it isnt the cause.
This is what i discovered about a year ago and been digging my tooth ever since.
My luck i live in United States so i have no insurance and cannot see dentist yet so i have to live with this stinky hole in my mouth.

Please tell me more.
What have you been doing to make things easier for you?
Malena
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

The doctors usually tell me that my nasal passages close to my throat are inflammed and is some type of allergy. But i breath fine and my CT Scan that i got done 8 years ago were fine aswell. But all four of my wisdom teeth are fully errupted. Do you think it could be the cause. Although they dont smell i tried squeezing around them and fiddling with them.
Malena
Total Newbie

Post by Malena »

azishazi wrote:The doctors usually tell me that my nasal passages close to my throat are inflammed and is some type of allergy. But i breath fine and my CT Scan that i got done 8 years ago were fine aswell. But all four of my wisdom teeth are fully errupted. Do you think it could be the cause. Although they dont smell i tried squeezing around them and fiddling with them.
My wisdom tooth did not smell until it fell apart one day to the point where there was very little tooth left (almost can't see it) so i think you might be having same problem. It could be from your wisdom tooth.
Malena
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

hi malena and azishazi,

All i know right now is that i have had 2 upper widsom teeth extracted (at age 23), i have 2 remaining, one which is still below the gum (horizontally impacted), the other is partially erupted with lots of gum around it forming an anaerobic pocket around it which allows anaerobic bacteria to thrive and ruin my life in the process (im quite certain its been like this since i became aware of my halitosis around 15 yrs old, im now 38). Im keeping the area as clean as possible, but only by consiciously running my tongue over that area to keep it clean (clear taste of shit in that corner of my mouth), and for the last 2 weeks or so ive gone from being a 22 year conscious sufferer of halitosis, to literally having no halitosis at all. This is without tongue brushing, mouthwashes and no magic bullshit potions at all, which i havent gone near any of for years. Im hopefully going to see the dentist next week, im rushed off my feet all the time and i have yet to mention any of this yet to a dentist.. all i want to do is go in there and say TAKE THIS ****ING tooth out please. Read carefully thru all of this topic because i think u can both make your own conclusions for yourselves how your causes may relate to the mechanism causing mine - and if this cures me (as it has others in similar sitautions) then i hope people will learn and realise that halitosis and bacterial overgrowth in the mouth is a SYMPTOM of something else and ALWAYS HAS BEEN
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

LOL FFS i didnt mean to do a smiley there, its meant to say thirty-eight
Malena
Total Newbie

Post by Malena »

I have that exact problem with my wisdom teeth and like you i try to keep that area clean all the time but it seems like if i mess around there too much that's when the smell becomes really bad.
I clean with tooth paste and cotton swabs and it works for little bit but i guess we will never know until we get those teeth out.
Malena
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

hi malena,

Yes we BOTH need a dentist (god i hate dentists and doctor's surgeries tho, ive developed a phobia for sure)

The reason why keeping it clean isnt a fix in itself is because no matter how sterile we try to make it, its still an aneroobic area and the germs soon resume their festering, just like it does on the tongue no matter what we do (even NEAT BLEACH which ive tried).. but its having such a massive effect just swishing my saliva and my tongue around this tooth that its preventing my tongue surface from smelling and my overall taste in my mouth feels fantastically clean compared to usual - normally my tongue stinks, but since doing this i can wipe my finger on my tongue surface and there is not even a hint of smell - importantly though, my wisdom tooth isnt decayed as far as i can tell, so its easier for me than it is for you to keep it clean - i can swoosh the area vigorously, but the shit taste soon returns around the tooth 5 mins later - goddamn its no wonder halitosis is so IMPOSSIBLY determined to be with us ALL THE TIME, the rate these germs breed
azishazi
Junior

Post by azishazi »

I have excessive mucus, specially if i run my tongue around my front teeth there is alot of thick sticky mucus sitting there. Unless my wisdom teeth are causing the pnd, Im not sure if it is really wisdom teeth.

Do you guys have excessive mucus sitting on the very top of your gum area?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi azishazi,

when im referring to mucus im referring to the stuff that the nose produces of which some comes out of the front of the nose and some drains down the back and into the throat area (PND). In the mouth its generally just saliva because we swallow and prevent this mucus in the thoat from entering the mouth, but when its excessive it becomes irritating and you sense a need to clear the throat etc.. all i notice usually is thin watery saliva and PND that varies from tasting of shit most of the time, apart from when something is taken inside the mouth that temporarily alters this. What u describe on your teeth sounds pretty normal, as plaque forms on the teeth constantly and some stagnation occurs.
Bestwishes

Post by Bestwishes »

I agree on your point 3. That just because you have shit breath does not mean its connected to your shit. Take for example I have been close to men that spent the whole night smoking and then their breath smelled like shit. One time i smoked a whole bunch and I had shit breath.

Dehydration causes shit breath.

What do mothballs smell like?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Well.. bacteria live in the gut, but they also live in the mouth - about 500 different species in a healthy mouth on the tongue alone. If we didnt have any bacteria in the mouth, then i'd say it was pretty likely that the gut was causing the odours. But, while we do have all these odour causing germs in the mouth which can produce the same odours as our shit, then to me its more likely that its to do with those germs in that locality.
Certain odours can come out of the lungs which have found their way into the bloodstream, and the saliva too can contain odourous compounds. In TMAU this is the BB pathway. Anything is possible.

Mothballs smell of ermmm mothballs lol - its an awful pungent smell, go and sniff some in a store somewhere, you'll immediately recognise it as a BB odour.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic