Your Email Address:

First Name:

Scalp odor......

Here you can talk about body odour and othere related things
Vivian

Scalp odor......

Post by Vivian »

Just curious.....

I've been suffering from scalp odor for over a year....just wanted to see if anyone else with BB is also having an odor coming from there scalp??

thx,
V

Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I don't have scalp odor, but I do seem to have this weird 'back of hand' odor. After I eat something I will be able to smell it maybe 15 minutes later coming through the pores on the back of my hand. And its not like I smeared food on the back of my hands near the wrist... I think it's somehow related to BB and your scalp odor is too.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

for the statistics,

i don´t have any other odor besides bb
yeagermeister
Junior

Post by yeagermeister »

I too get a strange scalp odor. My body odor has almost a sweet smell to it. I`ve heard it described as "whore sweat".
Vivian

Post by Vivian »

In speaking to my brother yesterday....he said our dad use to have that problem with his scalp. So I guess I inherit that from him.....but I also inherited his BB!!!! I know that for a fact, b/c the last time I visited him in Florida, his BB was so bad, that I (a BB sufferer myself) was embarressed for him.

Damn....why did my brother have to inherit all of the good genes...and I'm stuck with this nightmare!!!
fedenon

Post by fedenon »

feet, armpits, hands, hair, but the most important is the breath of the mouth.

vivian: is your brother?? (joke, jiji).
i dont speak english...
Bestwishes

Post by Bestwishes »

I suffered scalp odor. I had been using Pureology moisturizing shampoo for about 2 yrs. I moved back home and realized my mom thought my scalp smelled bad and that bothered me. I noticed the back of my scalp smelled bad. I tried using Paul Mitchells tea tree oil mint shampoo and conditioner. It made it extra stinky. So bad that the day I used it I thought wow I have a serious problem and chopped 6 inches off my hair.

The Pureology shampoo is sodium laureth sulfate free, it is not powerful enough a cleanser for my hair. I think my parents at 1st liked it, because when it ran out they asked if I could get another bottle so I bought them one, and its been over a yr and the bottle is not finished it just sits in the shower so maybe they realized the same thing too. Ironically that is like the most expensive shampoo that you can buy in a store locally out here.
After some time when I had used other shampoos, and I thought my scalp was finally ok I did try Pureology again and it smelled like my scalp was going to go back to the same unclean smell again. Having a smelly scalp usually sometimes means you have scalp fungus on your head.

Well in the beginning of trying to tackle this problem. I poured apple cider vinegar in a bowl and dunked my scalp and hair into it, just let your head sit in it for a few minutes. Then use the most toughest shampoo that contains sodium laureth sulfate or ammonium laureth sulfate, keyword is sulfate, thats the stuff that really cleans. Almost all shampoos contain it. I saw from many people on the internet reccomending to use Dial Antibacterial body wash on your scalp as to kill the fungus, but I didnt try it because I could never find Dial bodywash for some reason. Maybe Dial hand soap could work if you cant find it.
I used Suave shampoo regularly, and I would mix in a tablespoon of baking soda when I wanted to be extra clean. This did seem to help alot and my scalp was alot more cleaner. If you need to use conditioner, try to use it minimally, try to avoid the scalp if possible.

Then I read alot of people reccomending Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo. You can buy it at Wholefoods Market. That was the turning point for me, it really did work for me. It seemed to have killed the fungus. But the smell seems like hmm maybe more of a male smelling shampoo. But its not horrible, just not a floral scent, maybe smells like nuts.

If you use conditioner you can switch around n try different ones, since thats the last product to be put in your hair sometimes it will have an impact in how your hair smells. Wearing my hair up helps alot in keeping it less sweaty/ more clean.

Hats seem to smell when I wear one, when I wear a beenie and smell the hat the next day I'm like eww. So I only wear a beanie for one day and wash it.

Another turning point for me is being more hygienic with my pillows. I bought a new pillow, and I use 1000 count pillowcases, they are expensive so I get them at jcpenny when they have coupon days in their ads, or bed bath and beyond and i use their 20% off coupon in their ad. I actually use 2 pillow cases on one pillow, and I try to change the pillowcases everyday or 2 days. This has helped big time and my hair is now a higher level of clean. I think at this time, I do feel my scalp is pretty clean Im not catching weird scents off of it.

Now days I use Biolage shampoo you can get at Jcpenny, it smells great and works for me. Suave can really strip my hair, but Biolage cleans very well yet it doesnt seem to strip it nearly as bad. I use Pantene conditioner, sometimes Garnier, and Biolage.
hopeless
Total Newbie

Post by hopeless »

i have bb from nose n mouth but my feet n back of hands are also smelly but i could cover it up with hand wash,lotions n body spray . i also have scalp odour but very mild n strange type after 2 days of hair wash n i m also lossing hairs alot.
ohhh God wht the hell we people have. every one along with the treatment plz find some time every day n pray to God that wht ever we will do give us our health back.
sorry 4 bad english
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Try any shampoo that contains %2 ketokonazole.
Sam2

Re: Scalp odor......

Post by Sam2 »

Yes, I have scalp odour too...
If I don't wash my hair every day, it is very strong...
My GF tells me...
Sam2

SOLUTION TO SCALP ODOUR

Post by Sam2 »

This is a huge result for me...

I used to have to wash my hair everyday, otherwise, it would become really greasy and scalp odour would be present by night-time and start to become noticeably bad 36 hours after washing.

Discussing with my gf about it, we tried several solutions and we have now implemented the following with success.

24 hours after washing:
Mix baking soda and cornstarch powder together in equal measure. Add 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil. (Adding a pinch of cinammon powder is optional, not essential). Apply to the scalp. Gf has been sniffing 2-3 times a day, and after 3 days, still no odour present.

Happy to have this solution and hope can help someone with this.
Perseverehoping
Re: Scalp odor......

Post by Perseverehoping »

Hi

Our Health problem it's that our lymphatic system is stagnant. It isn't filtering enough. Or it is doing his job but we are eating very acids forming food that keep doing it impossible for our Lymphatic system to clear everything out. Our body its crying for a deep detox. Listen to Robert Moris on youtube about Lympathic system. And how to begin with detoxification. I am doing a detox but it's taking a while because I can't do a deep detox wright now. Because on a deep detox your body will smell worse before you can be healed.

I have dandruff but it doesn't smell. That is also a sign that your Lymphatic system its trying to get toxicity out of our body.

Deep detox is eating only watermelon, grapes and berries and drink distelled water. or Water fasting for 7, 14 or 21 days.
simple
Advanced

Re:

Post by simple »

Yes, I also have scalp odour. There were times it didn’t go away at all with shampoos & would become extremely strong after few hours. Now I learned to manage it, so that it becomes noticeable maybe only after 24hours+ or on good periods even longer. My tips:
-change pillow every time you wash hair; wash pillows at temperature of 60’-70’ Celcium; same for any hats
-add tea tree oil to shampoo (antifungal & antibacterial)
-sometimes let shampoo sit in hair for ~10mins if hair is particularly greasy and shampooing doesing fix it
-Coal tar shampoos, eg Neutrogena coal tar antidandruff shampoo or anything else; coal tar shampoos are the most effective
-Shampoos with salicylic acid, eg Home Health antidandruff shampoo
-Shampoos with zinc
-Shampoos with ketokonazole
-fixing excess androgens with androgen-suppressing drugs makes hair a bit less greasy & allows longer time between washes
-Sprays/lotions for scalp against hairloss that containt alcohol, eg Naturvital lotion against hairloss
-DIET! No meat, fried or unhealthy food (also possibly no dairy but not sure). Plant-based diet always improves the condition; if I consume meat I soon notice a negative change in terms of bb & scalp odour.
Possible causes for the link between scalp odour & bb:
-Leaky gut syndrome: increased permeability of gut lining allows larger than normal amounts toxic substances & VSCs that are normally not absorbed enter the bloodstream, part of them can be released via skin & scalp. That is why, for instance, after eating garlic/onion the smell lingers on your breath and skin - because the VSCs released during digestion are absorbed into bloodstream - which will happen to different extent for everyone.
-The causes of Leaky gut syndrome are multiple (look up on the internet) and include food intolerances, sensitivities, allergies, Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, intestinal methanogenic overgrowth, small intestinal fungal overgrowth
-kidney & liver problems - the damage needs to be substatial, so that substances that are normally metabolized & excreted, enter bloodstrem and then evaporate through breath & skin. However, at that stage of the disease, there’re many more (worse) symptoms than odour
As you have mentioned your cause is inherited, it could be due to inherited metabolic issues:
1)Trimethylaminuria (hereditary mutation but could be secondary) - causes fishy or fecal smell from breath and all secretions (skin can be affected too);
2)SELENBP-1 mutation (hereditary) can cause bb that smells with dimethylsulfide (but unsure about the scalp);
3)any other metabolic disorders of which there’re plenty! Some inborn errors of metabolism will cause an unusual smell from skin & breath, but the smell will be present from birth, unless you have secondary metabolic insufficiency (eg hypermethioninemia due to liver cirrhosis)
I also inherited this scalp condition, but my parent never had bb (unlike me).
Yeah I can relate, my sibling also had good genes and everything better really in every area however I look at it. You can’t change the cards life gave you, but you still have to play the game to the best of your abilities. And it’s best to compare yourself today with your previous self (you probably have heard it before) - it’s the only way to get over the pain of ‘unfairness’ and the best way to overcome any obstacles life throws at you.
Vivian wrote: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:49 pm In speaking to my brother yesterday....he said our dad use to have that problem with his scalp. So I guess I inherit that from him.....but I also inherited his BB!!!! I know that for a fact, b/c the last time I visited him in Florida, his BB was so bad, that I (a BB sufferer myself) was embarressed for him.

Damn....why did my brother have to inherit all of the good genes...and I'm stuck with this nightmare!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic