Your Email Address:

First Name:

I need your advice

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mizz123
Junior

I need your advice

Post by mizz123 »

Ok, so I ahve been struggling with this problem for years. I went to an ENT today and they told me that I could have my tonsils out if I wanted but it is extremely painful. I told them I had bad breath and tonsil stones. (which I don't have very often) He said if I had them out then my problem would be fixed. But after reading some posts that may not be the answer. Why don't doctors know anything about this? I feel like they get embarressed when you say anything about it or they totally avoid it. I asked my primary care for an h. pylori test and she completely ignored me. All she wanted to talk about was me having anxiety. I have had it! So I guess my question is should I have my foolish tonsils out? Or am I going to go thru all that pain and deal with the same shit. I'm telling you I can't take this anymore. Everyones comments your stinky, you wanna piece of gum?, No I have my own gum and u know that so why are you offering me a piece. Oh thats right to make me feel like sh*t! Sorry for venting any advice for me, anyone?

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

From what i've read on various BB sites over the years, i'd estimate that tonsillectomy cures BB in about 5 to10% of the cases. The decision is really up to you.
mizz123
Junior

Post by mizz123 »

when i wrote (which I don't have very often) I was talking about the tonsil stones, I just said that so they would listen to me.
katie
Junior

Post by katie »

Have you considered laser therapy on your tonsils? As far as I know that's nothing as painful as a full extraction. There is a doctor in Israel that does it Dr. Finkelstein and in New York Dr. Crespi. As far as I know initially they claimed a pretty high success rate in terms of bb. I vaguely remember one or 2 people on the forum reporting cures from Dr. Crespi.? You could do a search on the forum. I think Id be more inclined to try that then get my tonsils out. Incidentally I think my bb started shortly after having my tonsils out! (And after many many courses of antibiotics for sore throats etc.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic