Your Email Address:

First Name:

going back to school

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
smelly cat

Post by smelly cat »

viva and halitosisux,

i understand what you're both saying. viva i was convinced for a long time that my bb was coming from my stomach, but now i'm not so sure. besides i'd rather try every ave so i can eliminate things rather then just sit around and give up on what's left of my life. halitosisux you're right when that was said it discouraged me a bit. but i'm ok now and i still have hope. speaking of trying everything viva where did you get the stuff to get rid of SVC in your mouth?

viva
Advanced

Post by viva »

Hi Smelly Cat,

It's good that you started to look around for anouther causes of your BB.

Stating that missing feeling and wisdom teeth are least likely causes of BB
by no means can hurt your feelings.In this expression there's still place for an otherwise possibility.

Understanding of different causes of Chronic BB is the first step in helping to determine one's own causes. This also helps to stay way from preconceptions and look deeper.
Chronic BB is a complex issue.
However in a bunch of causes OVERGROWS OF SULFUR AND OTHER GASES PRODUCING BACTERIA MAKE is one of the common factors.
The gases produces by these bacteria make the breath smell like rotten eggs,shit,old sockes depending on the kind of the gas they produce.

Even people without BB have them,howeve if their amount due to several reasons( low probiotic level on musus membranes eg after taking antibiotics and week immune system;dry mouth,sinus infections,mucus,gngivitis,etc)too big,the concentration of these gases is perceptible .

FYI this topic was discussed here on forum a lot or editional resources are available on the internet.

What made you think that your BB is from stomach?
I also didn't believe BB comes from stomach.However it's a different smell from SVC compaund.
If one has GERD or Laryngoreflux and the acid reaches the throat there's sour fermented taste and odour.Experience myself and have camera pictures from doctor showing stomach juices all over the throat.

Who toled me about SVC- DENTIST.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

viva one thing is guaranteed, that you can go all the way through sinus surgery, tonsillectomy, stomach operations, dangerous medication, expensive consultations, excruciating diets, but all it takes is one small common dental issue creating a stink, and you'll never be free from BB.
Dentists, with all the best intentions, may not realise a situation is causing BB, so its really important that they are made to focus on issues which might be.
I'm trying to emphasise, based on my own experiences, how important it is to 100% rule out any dental causes.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

My BB did start from a bad tooth. My filling fell out. I could taste shitty gas coming from only that tooth. No insurance so I didnt get it pulled for 2 years. By then it was too late. My whole mouth tasted like that shitty tooth. I know it was that bad tooth. Because thTS WHEN MY WHITE TONGUE STARTED ALSO. If I had known I would get halilifeover I wouldv pulled it myself
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

meow, was it an upper tooth by any chance?
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

meowkity1 wrote:My BB did start from a bad tooth. My filling fell out. I could taste shitty gas coming from only that tooth. No insurance so I didnt get it pulled for 2 years. By then it was too late. My whole mouth tasted like that shitty tooth. I know it was that bad tooth. Because thTS WHEN MY WHITE TONGUE STARTED ALSO. If I had known I would get halilifeover I wouldv pulled it myself
is that possible that a old dental issue that has been corrected would still be affecting your breath today? i would think after you corrected it, it would be fine.
I remember when i was young, i had something wrong with my teeth/gums. it was a long time ago and the gums under one of my teeth was inflamed/swollen and had some type of puss/liquid in it that had a bad taste. i would kind of poke it with my tongue and squeeze this liquid out. i had this issue for a while but it was a while back im not sure what happened with it (it may be the tooth that i had a root canal on about 8 years ago). could this be whats causing my bb to this day?
also, reading this thread makes it seem like dental issues are in most cases, not a cause of bb.. isnt it said that dental issues are a big reason, and that most of the time it doesnt come from the stomach?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Even healthy a teeth tooth situation can invade the sinuses. Just imagine a tooth which has been drilled out from previous fillings and root canals etc suddenly exposed to the oral cavity for 2 years. Its almost guaranteed for infection to spread deeply into the tooth and its root, and with the sinuses potentially only millimetres away if they are the upper teeth. Whether the tooth has been pulled or filled in again, this infection may continue chronically in the sinuses and might never clear without assistance of some kind. Also this level of neglect increases the likelihood of other dental problems developing and potentially causing BB.
NYConfused
Junior

Post by NYConfused »

halitosisux wrote:Even healthy a teeth tooth situation can invade the sinuses. Just imagine a tooth which has been drilled out from previous fillings and root canals etc suddenly exposed to the oral cavity for 2 years. Its almost guaranteed for infection to spread deeply into the tooth and its root, and with the sinuses potentially only millimetres away if they are the upper teeth. Whether the tooth has been pulled or filled in again, this infection may continue chronically in the sinuses and might never clear without assistance of some kind. Also this level of neglect increases the likelihood of other dental problems developing and potentially causing BB.
hi, is this in response to my question? dentists tell me my teeth are in pretty good shape and dont tell me of any serious problems. my ENT said i was doin ok also.
meowkity1
Super Angel

hey halitosisux

Post by meowkity1 »

it was an upper tooth. The filling fell out, and that tooth was really shitty. thats when my tongue started to get a white coating. After two years with a rooting tooyh. I finally got it pulled, but I think the gasses from that tooth damaged my whole mouth. I never had BB til that filling fell out. 2 years is a long time. So I think it affected my mouth flora drasticaly. I could taste the fumes with my tongue . For me it was definately the tooth.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi NYC,
It was just a general reply regarding infection and decay and how far reaching it can be. Cysts can form as well as abscesses which can both lead to BB. A responsible dentist should perform an xray every few years even without any complaints which should detect any such problems.

Meowkitty, no doubt your rotting tooth was behind the start of your BB problems. Getting the tooth pulled should have dealt with things, but the fact it hasnt is far more likely to be due to either further dental problems or unresolved complications of this original rotting tooth. You need to rule this out and possible sinus infection resulting from the spread of infection from this tooth after rotting for so long. Oral flora and odour will settle by itself once things have returned to normal.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

halitosisux
I think your right. my nose mucus is a little green. Could be why smell is so strong through my nose. Im going to make an appointment today. I never thought I could have a sinus infevton. No pain. No headaches. But treating it is worth a shot. Ive been using neti pot. and thera nose spray. I feeel like its fresher air, but then I go in public today, and people are still sneezing and rubbing nose. So I guess it hasnt helped yet
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

meowkitty,
When you think about it, sinusitis usually starts from blockage of the sinuses, resulting in acute infection. When acute infections go untreated for so many weeks they enter a different phase and become chronic infections which sustain themselves due to the damage caused to the linings of the sinuses. IF you had a tooth which caused a sinus infection to start, it wouldnt have involved blockage of the sinuses and therefore symptoms like headaches from pressure buildup were unlikely because they werent blocked.
I think it was "OdourFree" who said they were surprised to find out after having an xray that they had a sinus infection. So u just never know, and i hope you manage to find something during your investigations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic