Your Email Address:

First Name:

Confused and Pissed

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Confused and Pissed

Post by DRASTIC »

HI all,

I am jjust so confused and upset at the same time.

I think I am developing some social anxiety I really am.

I went to my doctor today for the GOD he knows how many times in the last 3 weeks.

I asked him to refer me to see ENT for Nasal polyps he said ok and added me to the list.

Then, I asked him about my nasal odor and bad breath.

What did he say????????????????????

Like the usual.

He could not smell anything. He said there is no odor. He then said stop worrying about it because then it will turn into a psychological thing.

I then told him that children have said that to me that I have BB.

He said dont believe children because they exaggerate everything and play mind games on you.

Now I am confused. Really confused.

I explained to him that when I used the mouthwash that my breath would become worst he explained to me to stop using the mouth wash.

I am really confused. I am just at a lost.

>I saw my previous ENTs in June and September. Both commented I had an odor.

>I did my tonsillectomy in November and my tonsils stones are no longer causing a problem so that helps.

>But yet I found out I had another odor.

>I went to my doctor this morning he smelled my mouth and denied any odor.

>This is getting on my nerves. It really is. I am really getting upset about this.

>I still can hardly leave my house because I am grippled with fear of what other people will say to me. People have said rude things to me like take a shower or your breath smells.

I am just really confused. Sorry to go ranting on and on but I am sure if I go talking to other people in their faces then they will start grimacing.

>The minute I go into a room people are coughing and sneezing and sniffling. I think its me. It must be my naal odor and mouth odor.

I am at a lost of how to explain this.

>I asked my partner. He says no, there is no odor but yet he still touched his nose when I talk. Then I realised he' s been having the flu and been blowing his nose alot so he is probably not the best person to ask.

> Right now I cant smell anything because my sinuses are blocked up can hardly breath.

>I keep holding my breath when I pass people on the road hoping they dont smell me and I almost passed out from doing that.

> I feel like I am losing my mind slowly each day.

>The thing is I get looks from people and I am sure I smell horrible because of all the PND coming down the back of my throat.

I am trying to hold on and be strong but everyday is a struggle.

Drastic

DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

I forgot to mention when I do the neilmed saline sinus rinse the odor from my nose is very detectable by others they can smell my nose. Almost like the saline water get trapped in my nose and remains stagnant there. I dont know how else to explain it.

Drastic
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

I forgot to do my daily devotional this morning because I was rushing out to the GP.

WEll just thought I would share this with you.

''A position of power can be obtained IN YOUR LIFE when you learn to be encouraged in a discouraging situation.

Thursday 1/8/2009

Then he was afraid and arose and went for his life…a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a lone broom or juniper tree and asked that he might die. He said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life. —1 Kings 19:3, 4

ELIJAH HAD JUST seen the fire fall from heaven in answer to prayer, the priests of Baal had been slaughtered, and the rain had deluged the barren land as he had spoken. But at the height of victory Elijah fell into an overwhelming depression that was prompted by fear for his life. Exhausted and broken he fled from Jezebel and hid in the seclusion of the wilderness and asked the Lord to take his life. Elijah pushed past being on the cutting edge for God and found himself on the ragged edge of collapse. God sent the angel of the Lord to strengthen Elijah and led him forward to a divine encounter that lifted Elijah to a place of power he had not known before (1 Kings 19:7-18).

Every believer goes through times of discouragement. Pray honestly to God and He will strengthen you and meet you where you are.''

Those of you who arent religious can take from it what you will. Those of you who are religious may also take from it what you will.

I think this is a mental battle for us more than physical and we need to take back our lives, and our minds.

Drastic
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Drastic,
Sorry to hear your anguish. This problem can be so overwhelming, especially now trying out so many things at once.
This damn problem is 1% bacteria 99% psychological. I used to know a guy once who had sinus problems, his tongue coating looked yellow like custard at times, and his BB some days would be horrendous, and other days it was hardly noticable. He was unaware of his BB, but i remember him telling me a story where he said he once had a sinus infection and his family told him his breath was horrific - he sounded so bunged-up all the time, and little did he know how bad his breath could get. But it was intermittant - probably got worse whenever his sinuses managed to open up and drain out.
Could it be possible that the reason why your BB is driving you so insane is because its intermittent too? I mean i tend to find that its people who have the worst breath who are oblivious to it. If a person can have such bad breath and not know, then its just as likely that some can not have BB but just think they do, because of very painful past experiences they are just assuming that the concentrated mouth odours they have become fixated with MUST be causing BB all the time. Awareness of certain tastes and such concentrated odours does not mean a person has bad breath that can be perceived from the air they breathe out. The brain can play tricks like this, its a fact. Im not implying that you or anyone else for that matter is imagining things, but its impossible to know for ourselves whether breath smells or not. Those cruel kids who are just bullies, could have been referring to other odours too, but trying to bring you down by trying to make you believe it was your breath, especially if they could tell you were trying to hide your breath, kids notice these things and will find weaknesses as well as any adult can.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Halitosisux,

Thanks for replying.

You said many things and I think you are right.

I definately know I had bad breath in the past. I had a kind of tonsil stone smell. I remember it because everytime I would smell the tonsil stone smell thorugh my nose. Since surgery I cannot smell the tonsil stone because i have no tonsil.

Well, I am bunged up all the time. Especially now and I sound really nasally. I went to pharmacy on Monday and it was freezing outside in UK. I remember my sinus drip just running like a faucet left running. Just pouring sinus drip down my throat. While walking to the pharmacy I could feel a slimy mix of saliva and Postnasal Drip an my tongue. Well, I went up to the cashier uttered a few words and bam my horrendous breath hit her she covered her nose took a step back from the till and bent down her head. She couldnt look at me in the face after that. CLEARLY< I HAD VERY BAD BREATH>

Now today, I went to gp office. Sat down and some people came after me and moved up closer to me. I started to panic because I thought I had really bad breath. Then I turned my head away so I wouldnt breath on them. Then 2 ladies came over to where I was and stood very nearby and was reading the information leaflets. I panicked even worst and started to hold my breath in. Almost fainted. Good thing I was at the GP office. If anything went wrong I sure would need assistance. I was on Sudafed this morning so I can only hope that it dried up the mucus.

Anyways, These people did not move away from me or anything so I started to become confused and wondered if they smelled me or not.

I agree with you that the mind plays tricks on us. IT is hard to tell somedays, how our breath is because we cannot judge.

I am starting to wonder if somedays my breath is ok and some days its not.

I know for a fact that when I rub my nose that is the skin/pores i do sometimes smell something/odor. So now I am wondering if it is coming from my pores. I have been rubbing the skin on my nose all day and no odor. I cannot smell any odor coming from my nose skin pores. What I notice is that if there is odor from my nose skin pores then that is when I get lots of reactions to people from my nasal area.

I was wondering if its just white heads built up that needs clearing because of acne but I cannot see any pimples or anything.

The mind is a powerful thing. I went to the shop today and no reaction from anyone or the lady at the counter. Now I really wonder if the odor is just sometimes.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Drastic,
This is so delicate, its involving so many aspects. Yes its possible that your breath only smells occasionally which makes it all so insane for you to deal with. And yes its always a possibility that you dont have BB at all, but your mind has convinced itself otherwise, similar to the way anorexics are convinced they are fat.
I cant stop thinking about that cashier you mentioned.. when i sit here and imagine your situation.. your description.. IT'S WHAT CASHIERS GENERALLY DO!! Until i came to this site i had no idea that people paid so much attention to other's reactions. I've also NEVER come across anyone with BB alone which can fill a room, though i know it exists in TMAU etc. I would always cover up my BB with mints & gum, very few people were ever subjected to it (so i assumed anyway).
GOD its no wonder if people sit there waiting and anticipating other people's reaction, they are going to be convinced that every nose-wipe, every sniffle, every cough, every time they look away, is due to their breath. No one likes being breathed on by strangers, good or bad breath. This phenomenon of people breaking out into fits of coughing and sneezing when a person enters the room - YES people may occasionally carry allergens into a room, probably because they are covered in allergens from their pets or from outside pollen or certain dust etc, but CMON! This is absolute PARANOIA. Observe any gathering of people, and you'll see that this is going on constantly - does that mean someone with BB is around who is responsible for it?? Whenever i've observed people's reactions to someone that i know has BB, it has always surprised me how LITTLE reaction there really is.
Im not impying that anyone on here is imagining their BB, but it must be considered unless that person has reliable feedback on their breath, because otherwise its IMPOSSIBLE to know.

BTW Drastic, i think its normal to get some odour around the nostrils, particularly if mucus has dried up. Bacteria are normally present inside the nose and in certain circumstances will cause odour occasionally. Try asking your doc for some Bactoban cream, that helps.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi halitosisux,

I so get what you say.

I spoke to my doctor about the odor out of my nose. He says he cant smell anything and that furthermore he doesnt believe in putting anything unatural up the nose or mouth. So, he didnt prescribe any bactroban cream. He looked and didnt see any sores so he didnt bother.

Anyways, I got up today and smelled a type of mucus smell. Like when someone has a cold and its draining from their nose. So, I strongly believe that is what I have at the present moment.

But I think you are right if we continue to obssess about these reactions then we will go insane.

I notice that I get reactions when I eat certain food.

Like animal protein. I get reactions almost like its in my sweat.

So, from last sunday. After doing my parasite and colon cleanse I stopped eating all animal meat- that meant no chicken, no pork, no beef.

I am on day 6 at the moment only eating rice and vegetables and the reactions I am getting at the shops are much less if any at all yesterday.

I am beginning to wonder if there is something in this diet. I am also less bloated. I spoke to the another caxshier last night and no reaction. NONE>

Now I am going to stick with my diet because it my be helping somewhat.

Thanks Halitosisux, its good to have someone to talk to and know that I am not losing my mind.

Drastic
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I think we have bad breath all the time. Its just some people are nicer than others. Today I was in a meeting with 5 other parents. I know they could smell me. But no one was rude. They alll just rubbed their nose a couple of times. But they are really nice. They didnt even look at me. I just kept my head down in the paper. and I held my breath every chance I get.Im going to docs tomorrow, for possible sinus infection.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Drastic i feel the same way man. Sometimes i think i am going crazy because some days i will barely get any reactions others its like everyone i talk to gives off some reactions.

Its also possible that some people can detect smell better than others.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic