Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath..Therobreath

Tell us your story with bad breath
Daisylady
Total Newbie

Bad Breath..Therobreath

Post by Daisylady »

Can u guys please share your experiences about therabreath?...i already tried smartmouth and breathrx...which burned my mouth....anyways..please share your experience..both postive and negative....including the nasal and sinus spray..
p.s if i don't even have to open my mouth for people to smell my breath..does that mean its coming from my throat and nose...?
please share..
oh yea..am i the only one who suffers from bb....can u share some ways to avoid people on train and stuff..cuz i get a lot of stares....n i have practice oral hygiene too often..my mom thinks i'm crazy bout my mouth....i'm really really depressed..

Green
Junior

Post by Green »

For me, Therabreath has actually been all right. My bb has greatly reduced ( combined with tongue brushing and flossing) when using Therabreath toothpaste. I do not use the mouthwash.

Nasal spray and stuff I've never used. But, nasal irrigation I have performed. It helped reduce my nasal odor--but not eliminate it.

Also, if your mouth is closed and you still have reactions, you probably have nasal odor too. The causes can be nasal polyps, sinus infections or maybe an oral cause which is causing the nasal odor as well.

Remember to floss and keep good oral hygiene. Also, find out the source of your problem. And also, when performing nasal irrigation, don't just put any random quantity of salt water up your nose ( I did that in the beginning and I'm having mucus coming down from my nose to the throat ).
bb_girl

Post by bb_girl »

Hi! I tried a lot of Therabreath products, and I would say out of all of them I recommend the toothpaste. I spent a lot of money on Therabreath, and the only thing I continue to buy is the toothpaste.

I like the toothpaste because it doesn't have the minty taste. Regular toothpaste makes my BB worse. Actually, I just ran out of my Therabreath toothpaste yesterday, and today I went to work using regular Colgate and my coworkers were a bit affected by it.
lolalola
Junior

Post by lolalola »

same here, theracrap toothpaste is the only thing i use because it is not minty. the mouthwash is disgusting and tastes metalic and the bb comes back in shit and metallic form. I am not saying i ever ever have fresh breath after i use it the toothpaste but I guess it takes the shit smell down a few decibels.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I agree. i put thera paste on my tongue for 5 minutes then scrape. It does help. thera extinguisher spray worthless. I just ordered the sinus spray. I hope to GOD ot works. Because Om tired of people smelling me even though my mouth is closed and their 10 ft away,
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I just went to docs today, for sinus infecton. He said it could cause bad smell in nose. Im starting antibiotic, and nasonex . If Im relieved of fart nose Ill let you all know. Ill reply in a wek or so to let you all know if antibiotic worked for nose poopy fart
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I use the toothpaste too. Only Product I use. I like it. Have a fresh taste in my mouth but I always avoid breathing out when I'm close to anybody still because Of my paranoia. Don't think I will ever stop doing that. I don't think my breath is that bad, but from what I read you never know.
asd
Master

Post by asd »

Nasonex? Steroid nasal spray? That can make infections worse.
Use a neti pot to clean your sinuses out. Fill it with warm water+salt+baking soda.

But yes sinuses can make you stink! I know from experiance dude.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

ASD I thnk your right about the nasonex. If I dont put it way in my nose I goet this medicine smell coming from nose and throat. I think I am improving, My son whose 9 says my fart nose is improving, And I dont detect rotten egggs when I sneeze. Thank GOD
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Meow, what antibiotics are u taking? dosage, duration etc.
Sorry if you already said before.
Has anyone ever tried irrigating their nose/sinuses with water mixed with probiotics into their nose? If probiotics can help in the bowels and i know live yoghurt helped reduce my oral odours, so im just wondering because i hear people irrigating with all sorts of things, and im just wondering if anyone has tried this approach to nasal odours and whether its helped or not, rather than using antibacterials.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

halitosissux I amtaking amox-cla 875mg tabs. generic equivalent to augmentin
1 tab twice daily for 14 days
This is my treatment plan
antibiotics
natures best detox pills
probiotics with 500 million good bacteria as of 2-9-09
nasonex
1 yogurt daily
1 zinc pill daily
netipot with 2 packs of solution
brush with thera paste and baking soda
brush with peroxide twice
floss
rinse with arnica fluid extract as of 2-9=09

My son says my nose fart is improving. When I went to healthfood store to buy arnica and probiotics, I decided to test and breath really hard on the cashier. No reacton. i am so thankful for this site because I am finally getting relief from nose fart. With all that I am doing hopefully a week or 2 Ill be doing better. I dont taste rotten eggs when I sneeze anymore.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

wow good luck meow,
the fact its managing to deal with odours which are clearly from inside your nose, as opposed to just having an antibacterial effect in the mouth is a good sign its having an effect up there which is usually quite difficult for antibiotics to achieve. I think its a real possibility that rotten upper tooth you left in for so long could have spread into your sinuses and created some sort pocket of infection or abscess in there. Leaving rotten teeth in like that can lead to abscesses and cysts, which are usually very painful because its inside the gum, but if this released itself into your sinus it could have made it painless. And often when infection in the sinuses isnt dealt with promptly it will eventually lead to a chronic infection.
I hope you've cracked it with this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic